Android or iPhone? Or something else?

JustHatched

Just curious on who uses what.

I use Android, Samsung S9+ I think it is. I've never had an iPhone so I can not comment on the pros and cons of one vs the other.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Android all the way. 

So much easier to get 3rd party apps on. I have various apps for watching tv and films before they are released here and use my Chromecast to watch through the tv.

Also a couple of apps for sport, means I havnt missed a wolves game all season thanks to dodgy streams from nbc. All wrestling, American football all for nada.

Only had an iPhone once as a stop gap to my upgrade, then back to the old faithful Samsung.

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Android. 

I work with phones everyday in a photography gifts type store. It's a massive piece of crap but it pays for now. 

IPhones are better on the screens as the photos fly up onto the screens. Whereas Android has to rely on Bluetooth to send each individual picture. 

But apart from that I think Android wins 95% of the time. Apples Cost of apps and products overall seen extortionate. 

Also I find Samsung especially are ahead of the game on most features.

My misses had a new iPhone a few months back. "Oh look what this does, oh wow it does that too." 

Yes love, my last 2 phones have done that

iPhone all the way. I got a 3G a long time ago and had most versions of the iPhone since.

Currently using an iPhone X. 

Android and Samsung do seem to bring out features first but they usually actually work better when they are on iPhones. 

I think rather than being the first to show a new feature they wait till the technology is actually viable and proven. 

The best part about iPhones are the upgrades. It’s pretty much seamless. Everything is reinstalled exactly how you had it on your old phone. It’s great never having to think about settings and it just always works. 

I tend to do everything on my phone now, I used to use a laptop for day to day things but it’s been sat on my shelf gathering dust for a long time. 

The only downside is the expense, I probably won’t upgrade for a bit when this contract is up. It’s by far the most expensive phone I’ve ever purchased but the equivalent flagship samsung phones are getting to be similar in price. 

Huawei seem to be the big contender now. My girlfriends just got the new Mate 20 and the camera on there is phenomenal. You just have to wonder how much influence the Chinese government have had in the software of that phone 🤨

2 hours ago, Hurst said:

iPhone.

If you like Android you like to paint by numbers and watch the shiny show.

yes.....and?

• Haha 1

I suppose I would go Android as I am not an Apple fan in any shape or form.

I use Apple a lot at work as we have an Apple fanboy who in charge of some of the IT budget. Some of their ideas and hardware is great but it is all hampered by ridiculous price tags, narrow minded compatibility issues and an inability to upgrade hardware.

Just managed to tempt Mrs Chubb on to Android with her latest phone and so far she loves it.

I have a phone, but only ever switch it on when I have to use Apple two fracture authentification to log onto Apple School Manager. Mine is Android.

The last time I was using a mobile regularly (a few years ago) it was a Windows phone. Range of apps was a minor issue, apart from that I quite liked it.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

HTC! HTC! Never had another brand for a smartphone. 

Used apple computers for years but never went for the iphone. The f#ckin apple doctrine makes me sick. Back in the day as a designer you couldn't go around apple, luckily nowadays you can. It looks cool and slick but imo the stuff is way overrated and too expensive. It is all about image now unfortunately.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Squirrel said:

You just have to wonder how much influence the Chinese government have had in the software of that phone 🤨

😂 Really Squirrel? You're joining the crazy Russia/China hysteria? Is there proof? C'mon mate they try to make us worry about those countries but what about f#ckin facebook and google? Because it is proven they sold huge amounts of data and whatnot. But no our own western companies and governments are holy and good and everything else that's not in line with their agendas needs to branded as bad and dangerous. You should seen the hysteria a while back over here with the communication systems of the law enforcement agencies. Some parts are made in China so they said that every single device could be used for espionage by the Chinese. The ruling class is really getting delusional. They are so afraid of losing profit due to the rise of eastern companies. But they do like to get their productions done in the same regions for lower prices and bigger profits, it is just crazy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulie said:

😂 Really Squirrel? You're joining the crazy Russia/China hysteria? Is there proof? C'mon mate they try to make us worry about those countries but what about f#ckin facebook and google? Because it is proven they sold huge amounts of data and whatnot. But no our own western companies and governments are holy and good and everything else that's not in line with their agendas needs to branded as bad and dangerous. You should seen the hysteria a while back over here with the communication systems of the law enforcement agencies. Some parts are made in China so they said that every single device could be used for espionage by the Chinese. The ruling class is really getting delusional. They are so afraid of losing profit due to the rise of eastern companies. But they do like to get their productions done in the same regions for lower prices and bigger profits, it is just crazy.

I have no doubts my data is being misused by whoever has it. I don’t worry about the ‘governments’ getting it though, the retail giants get far more use from it than anyone else.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

I love my Samsung Galaxy S9. Been an Android baby all my life.. I have been considering the switch to an iphone though.. every time I watch my kid sister use hers it just seems so much prettier.. what the sh*t.

13 hours ago, nkaujrog said:

I love my Samsung Galaxy S9. Been an Android baby all my life.. I have been considering the switch to an iphone though.. every time I watch my kid sister use hers it just seems so much prettier.. what the sh*t.

S9+ for me and changed from an iPhone to get here. Wouldn't go back to apple currently. Really enjoying android.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

S9+ for me and changed from an iPhone to get here. Wouldn't go back to apple currently. Really enjoying android.

my coworkers and family members tell me they get constant reminders to upgrade their iphones.. and i initially had no interest because to download music from the laptop to your iphone you had to go through itunes and that got on my nerves.. well damn, now i should've gotten an S9+ lol

On 3/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, Crawford1872 said:

Exact same for me, got my S9+ a year ago after an iPhone 7s. 

• Like 1

They are both much of a muchness and I see little point debating it mostly. Same thing but very slightly different, currently have an Android Sony and thought the Apple OS was better, but the battery life was a total pain.

My only argument regarding phones is that all of this other stuff they do is all well and good, but none of these £1000+ p*nis extensions do the job of being an actual phone even remotely as well as a Nokia 3210.

In fact, I saw an old dear the other day on the metro sitting talking on her 3210 while we were underground and neither I or the person with me had any reception at all.

I actually still have a 3210 which I use when I am away for rallies, always without fail has a better signal than my fancy smartphone piece of crap. 

1 hour ago, doubleg213 said:

They are both much of a muchness and I see little point debating it mostly. Same thing but very slightly different, currently have an Android Sony and thought the Apple OS was better, but the battery life was a total pain.

My only argument regarding phones is that all of this other stuff they do is all well and good, but none of these £1000+ p*nis extensions do the job of being an actual phone even remotely as well as a Nokia 3210.

In fact, I saw an old dear the other day on the metro sitting talking on her 3210 while we were underground and neither I or the person with me had any reception at all.

I actually still have a 3210 which I use when I am away for rallies, always without fail has a better signal than my fancy smartphone piece of crap. 

Didn’t they reduce the signal strength a few years ago to stop us scrambling our brains?

Anyway I don’t believe you need a phone, doesn’t your calculator do everything you need?

• Haha 1