Racing the Elegy ..any tips?

The Rikster

So guys and gals , I've heard from many sources around the interwebs ( players, youtube , forums etc) that the Elegy is overpowered in the sports class and is by far the fastest sports car and is so overpowered that it should be moved to the super category.

But despite this I just can't get the lap times out of it , it seems to have 2 of the worst things for racing : bad understeer and poor brakes . I'm much quicker in my massacro and jester but fear there may be some grossly untapped potential in my elegy sitting lonely in my garage.

So guys and gals .. Any tips on how to get the best out of this car please? Is it just simply a case of brake v . early and then floor it in the corners ?

Any help is much appreciated :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Rikster

• rumdig

• Dodge

• LN-MLB

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really gave the RH8 a chance. I had it, and quickly sold it to get the Jester : FIRE : . Sold the Jester (best move I EVER made) for the Feltzer. Sadly sold the Feltzer for the Massacro. LOVE  : LOVE : the Massacro.

Edited by Dodgeservice
  • Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

There a couple of people in the crew who use it quite often and post some incredible lap times.  Desuno is one of them, and I cannot figure out how he does it.  I have so-so luck with this car--I used it when trying to set a time for the crew challenge, and I couldn't stop it from spinning out and going off the road.  It's tricky, and like you said, the braking issue can be a huge factor.

I strongly prefer the Massacro (the sports car I use most often), and have considered selling the Elegy once again for a different secondary sports car.

well you do said any help :D 

what about gradually decelerating & accelerating during corners?

Thanks for the tip buddy but it has been said that the elegy requires a different driving style to any other car and I have yet to find out what that is :(

I never really gave the RH8 a chance. I had it, and quickly sold it to get the Jester : FIRE : . Sold the Jester (best move I EVER made) for the Feltzer. Sadly sold the Feltzer for the Massacro. LOVE  : LOVE : the Massacro.

Currently I own all four of those lol and tested them all extensively around the same track. Conclusions ? I found that the massacro and jester were the quickest , the jester just sticks to the road , no matter how much u push it , whereas the feltzer will give up at times , the massacro is a good all rounder but has a turning circle bigger than the circumference of the moon lol

There a couple of people in the crew who use it quite often and post some incredible lap times.  Desuno is one of them, and I cannot figure out how he does it.  I have so-so luck with this car--I used it when trying to set a time for the crew challenge, and I couldn't stop it from spinning out and going off the road.  It's tricky, and like you said, the braking issue can be a huge factor.

I strongly prefer the Massacro (the sports car I use most often), and have considered selling the Elegy once again for a different secondary sports car.

Yep LN I totally agree , loads of people have said that it absolutely smashes any other car in the sports category for pace once you learn how to drive it right, but I just can't unlock its full potential. As you said it grips and the suddenly spins out when u try to push it.. So from that conclusion is the driving style.. Softly softly catchy monkey ? Who knows ?

I hope some of the elegy racers here can shed some light on this :)

Dunno if I can give any tips as I have been using Elegy since day 1 (as soon as I had enough money to buy a garage) and I guess I've just gotten used to it.

It used to be a lot harder to drive, as it liked to spin out, I was constantly losing control of the car. But it feels incredible now after the spoiler update. Some of it has to do with me getting better at racing too though.

But I think you're right, after you push it over its limit in a corner its extremely hard to control it. You also need to watch out when you lose contact with the road (bumps), its better to just not do anything with controls and wait until you're back on the ground with all 4 wheels before braking/turning.

Perhaps it suits my "driving style" if you can call it that :lol: or I just got used to it. I didnt buy Massacro until very late, actually bought it exclusively for the Grand Tour track in the H2H as it blows everything away on similar tracks.

I also I fell in love with Feltzer over the weekend when I was using my 2nd character (I decided to try and go with "german" cars in every class that I can for my 2nd character). THAT car feels even more glued to the road than Elegy. Sooooo fun to drive.

I have never driven Jester.

Edited by zmurko76
  • Like 1

Dunno if I can give any tips as I have been using Elegy since day 1 (as soon as I had enough money to buy a garage) and I guess I've just gotten used to it.

It used to be a lot harder to drive, as it liked to spin out, I was constantly losing control of the car. But it feels incredible now after the spoiler update. Some of it has to do with me getting better at racing too though.

But I think you're right, after you push it over its limit in a corner its extremely hard to control it. You also need to watch out when you lose contact with the road (bumps), its better to just not do anything with controls and wait until you're back on the ground with all 4 wheels before braking/turning.

Perhaps it suits my "driving style" if you can call it that :lol: or I just got used to it. I didnt buy Massacro until very late, actually bought it exclusively for the Grand Tour track in the H2H as it blows everything away on similar tracks.

I also I fell in love with Feltzer over the weekend when I was using my 2nd character (I decided to try and go with "german" cars in every class that I can for my 2nd character). THAT car feels even more glued to the road than Elegy. Sooooo fun to drive.

I have never driven Jester.

Thanks for the tips Z :D I also have a feltzer which I purposely haven't fully modded so I can use it as my daily driver in game as it's great for weaving in and out of traffic.

I think that you may be right about the driving style , maybe that's just why the elegy doesn't suit me, what with its understeer and all

I have never driven the Elg, never cared for the looks of it. Though I am thinking of getting the Jester again.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Only thing I can say is don't under appreciate it's traction and sometimes it's best to follow through in corners without thinking too much and let the car drive you.

Thing about it is it's traction is so immense most other cars would really have to brake to take it and lose some speed, this one you really don't (corner depending).

Unlike the Massacro with it's monstrous brakes and acceleration (you can really brake late with this), you'll have to brake a bit earlier if needed with this car. That and if you begin to lose traction you can let off the accelerator and even sometimes just tap the brake to regain yourself. The threshold for losing traction is much higher with this car but once it's gone, it's gone you're not bringing it back. You can see how grippy this car is by going to some place like the airport and weaving the car back and forth. It will literally not spin at all. 

And that's all I've really figured out about the Elegy with some help, I still can't even tap into this car at all just doesn't suit me. Some in this crew are great with this car and hopefully they'll chime in.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I have never driven the Elg, never cared for the looks of it. Though I am thinking of getting the Jester again.

Hatch u should definitely get the jester again it's so underrated , the car is so planted and sticks to the road but it just lacks a lot of top speed :(

Only thing I can say is don't under appreciate it's traction and sometimes it's best to follow through in corners without thinking too much and let the car drive you.

Thing about it is it's traction is so immense most other cars would really have to brake to take it and lose some speed, this one you really don't (corner depending).

Unlike the Massacro with it's monstrous brakes and acceleration (you can really brake late with this), you'll have to brake a bit earlier if needed with this car. That and if you begin to lose traction you can let off the accelerator and even sometimes just tap the brake to regain yourself. The threshold for losing traction is much higher with this car but once it's gone, it's gone you're not bringing it back. You can see how grippy this car is by going to some place like the airport and weaving the car back and forth. It will literally not spin at all. 

And that's all I've really figured out about the Elegy with some help, I still can't even tap into this car at all just doesn't suit me. Some in this crew are great with this car and hopefully they'll chime in.

Thanks for your tips G , ur right about the insane traction , that's why I'm trying to persevere with this car. When u say just follow through in corners , do u mean don't brake but just control the throttle through the corners ?

I'm not a super experienced driver nor am I that good but yeah

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

The Elegy feels very slow but lap times are incredibles.

I don't know how to explain it.

Have a look at my times in the crew challenge Week 18.

In the Jester I was more than 2 seconds behind, no matter how perfect my lap was.

With the Elegy, I quickly improved my times and after less than 15 tries, I now have the best time. *bragging mode: off* :D

• Like 1

The Elegy feels very slow but lap times are incredibles.

I don't know how to explain it.

Have a look at my times in the crew challenge Week 18.

In the Jester I was more than 2 seconds behind, no matter how perfect my lap was.

With the Elegy, I quickly improved my times and after less than 15 tries, I now have the best time. *bragging mode: off* :D

But fido , did u find u had to drive the elegy any differently to the other cars, because I heard somewhere that you have to drive the elegy v.differently to any other car ? ...

If the track has many technical turns with fewer straights I would put my $ on an elegy driver all day. It just hugs the road better. When driving this car I tend to use the engine brake (just left off accelerator) with a slight brake tap for MOST turns. This will almost always get you through the turn faster with less likelyhood of a spin out.

I sold the jester for the massacro and haven't looked back. Damn I miss that jester though

• Like 1

Dodge wrote: "..Sold the Jester (best move I EVER made) for the Feltzer.."

LN wrote: "..I strongly prefer the Massacro.."

Zmurko wrote: "..I have never driven Jester..."

Rikster wrote: "..just lacks a lot of top speed :(.."

Fido wrote: "..In the Jester I was more than 2 seconds behind.."

Rumdig wrote: "..I sold the jester for the massacro and haven't looked back.."

yo Jester.. come see this and tell me how you feel about it..

Jester wrote: : CRYING :

and

Rikster wrote: "..I hope some of the elegy racers here can shed some light on this :).."

G37 wrote: "..Some in this crew are great with this car and hopefully they'll chime in.."

I ALREADY DID!!!

:lol: :lol:

Edited by juve
  • Like 6

juventono.jpg

I did drive the Jester differently.

Like rumdig said, you can use the engine brake much more than in the Jester.

My braking points are earlier and shorter but they are stronger. I can reaccelerate sooner which is key to a good lap.

The Jester seems glued to the road while the Elegy doesn't. But the Elegy has better traction and really sticks to the road despite how it feels!

Keep in mind that this is just my feel about all of this. I didn't do some extensive testing.

Also I love my Jester and all these talks about it being obsolete makes me sad :(

• Like 1

My braking points are earlier and shorter but they are stronger. I can reaccelerate sooner which is key to a good lap.

The Jester seems glued to the road while the Elegy doesn't. But the Elegy has better traction and really sticks to the road despite how it feels!

Keep in mind that this is just my feel about all of this. I didn't do some extensive testing.

Also I love my Jester and all these talks about it being obsolete makes me sad :(

All this talk is going to lead me into buying that jester again. This time I'll pit it against the elegy (since it is worlds apart from the massacro). It was a very fun car to drive

My Elegy will be sold/replaced later today.  I was actually thinking about this last night, and came to the conclusion that I was getting a little bored of it again.  Although I have owned and liked the Jester, I am thinking I will go back to the Feltzer.  Reading Zmurko's comments made me remember how well it handles the roads, and you just can't go wrong with most Benefactor cars.

So, goodbye Elegy again for about the third time.  I'm sure we'll see each other again some day.  Although I too was never that partial to the Elegy's looks as a whole.

Welcome back, Feltzer! ;)

If the track has many technical turns with fewer straights I would put my $ on an elegy driver all day. It just hugs the road better. When driving this car I tend to use the engine brake (just left off accelerator) with a slight brake tap for MOST turns. This will almost always get you through the turn faster with less likelyhood of a spin out.

I sold the jester for the massacro and haven't looked back. Damn I miss that jester though

Thanks so much guys , gonna put these tips to use and try again to extract as much I can from the elegy as I don't thnk I've seen anywhere near the best of it yet. Think I'm just gonna race with the elegy only for a bit to get used to the handling.

On a side note though , this is unintentionally becoming a Jester appreciation thread ... And rightly so too ! Haha

My Elegy will be sold/replaced later today. I was actually thinking about this last night, and came to the conclusion that I was getting a little bored of it again. Although I have owned and liked the Jester, I am thinking I will go back to the Feltzer. Reading Zmurko's comments made me remember how well it handles the roads, and you just can't go wrong with most Benefactor cars.

So, goodbye Elegy again for about the third time. I'm sure we'll see each other again some day. Although I too was never that partial to the Elegy's looks as a whole.

Welcome back, Feltzer! ;)

I love the feltzer for free roaming and missions , it's my go to quick car as it weaves in and out of traffic like a champ and isn't too fast that u'll go careering into lamp posts every few seconds :D

Edited by rikster1a
  • Like 1

I use my Comet for free roam. But now I wamt my Feltzer back. Damn it.

Haha , first it was the jester appreciation thread and now we're getting some love for the feltzer :)

• Like 1