Raton Canyon Raceway

LN-MLB

Raton Canyon Raceway

Description: Leave your bicycles at home and experience the scenic views of Raton Canyon and Cassidy Creek the way the good old boys of Blaine County do it. No super or sports cars allowed--this lap race is for muscle cars, off-road, and vans (trucks) only.  Remember to turn both catchup and slipstream off.  Non-contact is best, and please leave your Sanchez at home with your other bikes if you decide to race off-road.

Type: Land Race - Laps

Default Number of Laps: 2

Default Class: Muscle (Off-road and Vans can also be used)

Unavailable Classes: All except for Muscle, Off-Road, and Vans

Default Time/Weather: Morning/Clear

Contact/Non-contact: Non-Contact (recommended)

Traffic: Off (always)

Catchup/Slipstream: No/No

GTA Weapons Compatible: Not currently

Fastest Confirmed Single Lap Record Holder: ?

Link to RSC page

Summary/Notes:  Feedback is welcome.  This lap race starts on the highway, and veers off the beaten path onto the trail leading to Cassidy Creek/Cassidy Trail in the Raton Canyon.  Please note that only Muscle, Off-Road (without the Sanchez please), and Vans (preferably the Bison or Bobcat) are allowed.  As per the original description, non-contact probably works best--especially if there are more than five or so people.  It will work with any time of the day and under any weather conditions, but I do not recommend using slipstream for this course if you decide to use contact racing.  Also, a big thanks to G37 for help with planning the initial route.

Enjoy!

Edited by SINISTER120
Add Tags

Looks like fun, will try it later.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed a couple of checkpoints, and made the turn into the trail a bit less awkward.  I also changed a couple of props, and altered the checkpoint when leaving the trail and going back onto the highway.  I'd love to get some feedback on this, so feel free to try it out and let me know if the checkpoints work well as they are or need to be altered again.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Used this last night for Funky Fridays, good track.

Unfortunately 3 of us (me included) didn't read the full instructions and used the Sanchez. We beat everyone else easily. So I defintiely agree with not using it here, it really does have a big advantage over the off road cars.

• Like 2

Again, played it during Funky Fridays and what I've understood by now, is that the description won't help at all if people want to use customs (and they almost always do use customs), I've learned it from my tracks and others' tracks (like this one). So, basically, if you don't want people to use the Sanchez here, you'll have to either lock it to one of the other off-road vehicles (thus disallowing customs with off-road) or accept the fact that the "no Sanchez" recommendation will probably never ever be considered and it's just another Sanchez fest every time off-road is picked.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. It's been awhile since this one has had an update, but you're right--the Sanchez will always get used if customs are on. I suppose it was sort of my notion of wishful thinking back in the day. :)

Fortunately this race is primarily used for Muscle cars, so what I will do next update is keep it set for default Muscle and pick one vehicle from the Off-Road category. Not sure which one, but perhaps the Injection or even the Kalahari.

Thanks again. :)

• Like 1

The Off Road options could still work as they are, but maybe change the wording of the instructions to make it absolutely clear the Sanchez should not be used. The problem is some of us don't always read those instructions properly, we just skim through them, especially late at night, after a couple of beers. And sometimes the brain tends to see what it thinks is there rather than what is actually there. So the phrase "leave your Sanchez at home" gets read as "Sanchez not ideal, you may be better off using something else"  ... or something like that. Usually when you don't read the instructions properly you put yourself at a disadvantage, in this case it's the opposite. It's the creator system that's the problem, you ought to be able to restrict which custom vehicles are allowed, not just the stock ones. Plus the Off Road class is too mixed up with totally different types of vehicle.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

@Dodge -- It notified me that you made a post about Sedans on this track.  It's not showing up for some reason, but yes, it can hold sedans. :)