Domestic Battery Fantasy Premier League

BridgemanBear

EDIT: Started a league, code to join is 805269-219288 see below for the website to sign up and create your team :D

Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in joining a private league just for the crew.

I'm happy to set it up if there's a few of us.

Link to the site is: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

If people are interested, set up your team and I'll send out a code so you can join the league before the season starts.

:D

Edited by BridgemanBear
  • Like 2

We already discussed this and I think Vamos was about to make a league.

It's the same for me who makes it, I'm in anyway :)

Been playing this one the last few seasons.

Good initiative mate :)

I love football and fantasy football leagues are awesome, not sure when I'll get time as I've got a hell of a lot of stuff to work on but I will certainly join.

I know nothing of this SOCCOR you speak of

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Would be much easier for people to join if you posted the pin in your OP.

For the World Cup, I think we had around 10 from this crew join.

OK, I've started a league.

If we've got 2 we can get rid of mine but for now please sign up!

The code to join the league is 805269-219288

Let me know if you have problems joining

How do you set up a team?

When I click the Sign Up link it takes me to a page to log-in. I keep getting an error or incorrect log-in on every page.

alchemist3321.jpg

Hey alchemist, on the first page underneath the login boxes click "sign up"

That takes you to another page and under the login boxes on this page choose "register"

There's also apps so you can make your changes on the move for the particularly time starved.

The apps don't start working until after the season starts though.

I have currently transferred in and out about 30 different players over the last few weeks while I search for my final squad.

Some say I'm a bit keen.

a974a96b-8721-4285-baa1-77aaf3069978_zps03669314.png

Alright, I'm in.

First year doing this so I expect to suck, plus I don't want to always have to update my team like a second job.

Hopefully finish towards the top of the table.

Team: Scousers Have Aids (I'm sure I will get booted for picking that name)

alchemist3321.jpg

Team: Scousers Have Aids (I'm sure I will get booted for picking that name)

I'm not sure I'd like to see the name on this forum as well. I don't find it tasteful at all.

I am aware of the football rivalries that usually involve some offensive and degrading terms when refering to rival supporters, which I'm fine with. It's all part of the banter.

I just dont think this one is a clever one and definitely not something a mature person would use.

And I'm not saying that because I'm a bit of a Liverpool fan. ;)

I'd say that's an understatement and have seen a lot worse, as you alluded to. Ironically, I'm using this name and team with another league and that messageboard laughed, even the Liverpool supporters.

Unfortunately, the name derives from a real incident. There is a friend of ours that is gay (he's more close to my girlfriend) and recently stated he has aids and supports the club. After the initial shock (which wasn't too surprising because he would confide in my girlfriend that he is extremely promiscuous and a sex addict) and all the steps of acceptance for him and all of us friends and family he and all of us joke about it a little to lighten up the situation and help him go through treatment. I guess we all cope and deal with everything differently....it's probably more loss in translation between cultures. But I'm not P.C. nor am I going to apologize for a name I picked with my friends league. It simply has a double entendre.

I'm sure having the United crest adds to the dissent. Even though of the three leagues I'm playing the only mention like this is here.

alchemist3321.jpg

I agree, lets keep the banter at least slightly tasteful, from what I know about English football I would say that name has no meaning to football and It's not a phrase often used to offend and wind up Liverpool supporters.

Well known phrases about our teams we can all accept, but there is a line and when that is crossed - it sounds almost personal and is far less funny.

The last name you came up during the World Cup with was cool but surely you can see how this name is upsetting to some.

Not saying I am upset or offended.

Well, I can't do anything about the name now. I already had it from other leagues where we engage in the weekly banter and playful shit talking, no one takes it personal and we are able to bash each others clubs then have a beer afterwards and laugh about it (except for one Pool supporter because he hates everyone and a Newcastle supporter because his team sucks so he just sits back and talks shit on everyone's results or transfer moves). If it's that much of a problem just kick me out of the league. I get it that we are all overly friendly and P.C. on the board....except for the chat box where during matches there was a little bit of playful shit talking last campaign. I thought we'd all be the same as the other groups I play with and also have a little more fun than last season where everyone was too nice......which I'm guilty of because I like talking with you dudes about your clubs during play.

I enjoy the game, but don't take sports too seriously or personal. I don't get personal or over the top with the banter. I only went with the name after joking about it and getting positive feedback with laughs and the ok from my gay buddy to use it in our league.

Like I said, I already had it and just joined the DB league with it. I was on the fence with playing, but we got a nice turnout for the WC league.

alchemist3321.jpg

It isn't a problem for me but I can see how it could be a problem for some, even more so when you consider a 'scouser' doesn't mean a fan of Liverpool FC - it's any person from the whole city, whether they like football or not.

Like you already said - I have also heard a lot worse on forums and especially at the matches.

I don't think there's any need to kick you from the league or for anyone else not to take part because of it but it isn't my league.

If the name was not allowed then the league website wouldn't let you have it.

I hope people still take part.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts as well. I checked the box acknowledging they could ban or take down the name, so if the site has issues with it so be it and I'll put up a Disney like name to appease everyone.

Correct about scouse. One of the running jokes between the rivalry that my Pool buddies jab at me is that Rooney is one.

I guess the name essentially puts egg on my face. But all in good fun and I expect a lot of banter from others about it after the initial laugh that someone was ballsy enough to put that name.

Hopefully we get a good turn out. The dudes that start up the leagues put in the time and effort to run them and create them. It would be a shame to not get the turnout because someone doesn't like a name.

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg

Lik I said, I'm all for the banter, but I just like to draw a line when it comes to terminal diseases like aids and cancer that cause a lot of grief for many. Theres definitely other topics that are in the same "category", but no need to bring them up. I'm glad you are able to joke about it within your family and cope with it that way, but you can understand that it usually isnt like that.

I'm not part of the league and have no say in who can enter and what names they can use, it's just that I don't want someone not take part in a crew activity because of something that can easily be avoided.

We come from all over the world and don't know each other that well to be able to use that kind of "humour" or banter, so if everyone just tones it down a bit I'm sure we can still have a good laugh.

I hope thats the end of this here and I'll let you guys decide what to do on the fantasy league.

And on topic: I'd like to enter too, it's just that with every fantasy league I've entered, I don't think I have ever kept playing to the end. I usually simply forget about it and its pointless to start another one. Have fun though!

That's why I originally posted about it being a second job. I liked the NFL one because you could just do a lineup Saturday to be ready for Sunday and one Monday game, but when they started throwing in Thursday games I often forgot to update or make changes.

I know with the Prem they started "Monday Night Football" as well with schedule adjustments for Europe with games on Tuesday/Wednesday. Add in that you already have to account for Saturday and Sunday fixtures and it can get complicated.

We shall see. I expect to fall off and think three leagues is really over doing it even though I'm using the same team.

alchemist3321.jpg