Two sides of the story.

Lann

Two sides of the story

Capture (Hold)

2-16 players

No cops, no wanted level.

High traffic.

NEED TIMELIMIT

Recreated the mission Rooftop Rumble, but here one team will be the Professionals protecting the documents in the garage, and the other team will be the ones Madrazo hired to steal the case.

The garage is set up exactly like the mission and this is where the case is and where the professionals need to keep it.

Madrazos house is where the other team wants to take the case, and where they will fight of any of the Professionals that will come to recover the case if they manage to steal it.

There are a few "professionals/actors" if black Fugitives who might try and intercept anyone driving of with the documents. 

There are also a few of Madrazos own "ladies/actors" cruising around in blue Gauntlets, keeping an eye on the team and ready to help out if needed.

Since this was to be a quick och quiet job nobody brought anything but the mandatory micro SMG.

Something a bit more powerful is available at Madrazos house to compensate for less cover when when/if protecting the stolen documents up there.

The respawn on this setup was not obvious, now the professionals will respawn at the garage in Annihilators, and the other team will respawn at Madrazos in Annihilators. This way everybody can get back in action fairly fast, no matter where the case is located at the moment. Also the Annihilator does have a gun, but a gun that is rather hard to use for most players. 

This need to be played with a timelimit, and the team that holds the case when the time is up will win.

In order to get the creation to accept this there need to be a secondary way to win, that is collecting two cases. Since there must be two cases placed on the map there is another case placed in Madrazos safe, it is not obtainable in the game but will show on the map at Madrazos. 

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/73s1kM7EAE-a0zXIEi_ZPQ?platformId=2

8C60kWR.png

Edited by lann3fors
  • Like 1

When trying this out last night we got 5000 rp and $14 000, not bad!

I wish i knew what affects the money for created content.

Ran this in the Saturday PL, we had an issue of no 2nd bag for the Madrazo bunch to get so the last half was spent screwing off, dunno if it was game error or intended to only be the one bag.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Had this is Saturday's PL.

I think the concept is very good, it's interesting to emulate a mission and build that yourself. I do have some suggestions though:

- I would personally do away with the RPGs.

- To make the most of the time limit (I can't remember), perhaps have team 1 begin at Madrazo's (perhaps with a series of vehicles like the Gauntlet ready to be taken for a drive).

- Perhaps add some more "professionals" to help defend the case (light to medium aggression without overpowering weapons).

- Perhaps add some more "professionals" who will chase down team 1 with the case (friendly to team 2) in Grangers (same type of actor)

- Perhaps add some "professionals" who will also attempt to intercept the package along the way (spawn from some street/wait/be aggressive to team 1) at key road/intersections/have a series of them.

- Have medium weight weapons like the SMG.

- Perhaps shorten the time limit (I think it was 20?).

- Perhaps tone down the Annihilator to something like a Frogger?

- Perhaps change this from a Hold and/or set to deliver 1 bag?

Just my thoughts. The idea is there and that's the most important part. I think with some polishing and balancing/changes this could be great.

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

It's in the description - forget the bag at Madrazo's.

If the bag at Madrazo's is redundant then the job should be set to deliver only 1 bag.

Was the bag glitched into the safe?

I had serious problems with rendering when I got near Madrazo's, I'm not sure if the bag was causing it but I could see right through everything for 5 minutes.

Also, both teams start within shooting distance of each other, while one team starts almost inside the parking garage.

Need some actors too.

Edited by DavidCore89

Agree with everything that G37 said, and would also like to add: perhaps also increase the amount of weapon pickups.  I ran out of ammo in the garage right away, and was unable to defend anything.  Also, a big plus to doing away with the RPGs.  The team stationed at the house has a very clear advantage with the RPGs, and I found myself getting killed immediately when flying the helicopter to their base.

Other than that, it's a good idea, and with a few changes, it should work out.

Thanks alot for all the feedback!

• I wanted to have just one bag to fight over.
  • I wanted that bag to start out in the garage.
  • I wanted the professionals capture point to be in the garage.

All this just to create something more like the mission and less like a capture.

This forced the setup to have conditions to win set on 2 bags, or the professionals would win in 5 second, but then i needed to place two bags.

I did not place this bag in the open at Madrazos because i wanted the fight to be over one bag.

I did fall through the roof inside Madrazos and placed the bag in there (not obtainable in game). 

The Annihilators was to be able to chase the bag and travel fast, the RPGs was to limit the use of the Annihilators at the bases since i wanted it to be a shootout.

16 players with micro SMG uses alot of ammo, the limit on 20 placement is not enough when trying to cover two "bases" with ammo.

Will make these changes:

• Place the second bag outside Madrazos in the parkinglot.
  • Set win conditions to deliver two bags.
  • Remove RPG and put stationary actors with heavier weapons at both locations.
  • Remove the actors cruising in cars, since they rarely intercept anything.
  • Set the timelimit to 10 minutes (although 2 bags will probably be delivered before that).
  • Better placement of the ammo in both locations.

To make it a better game to play i think i should forget about Madrazos house and have that teams capture point closer by the garage, but then it would be a capture like any other, just in the same garage as the mission. 

Again thanks for the feedback and for trying it out. 

• Like 2

I was tired last night and didn't post well

The bag locked in Madrazos is fine, the issue was no 2nd bag in the garage. Once the attackers got the first back to Madrazos then we were basically stuck.

If this is the intended way it is suppose to be then IMO the win condition should be 1 bag.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I was tired last night and didn't post wellThe bag på locked in Madrazos is fine, the issue was no 2nd bag in the garage. Once the attackers got the first back to Madrazos then we were basically stuck.If this is the intended way it is suppose to be then IMO the win condition should be 1 bag.

What made it hard for the professionals to steal the one case back, and bring it back to the garage again?

Edited by lann3fors

What made it hard for the professionalals to steal the one case back, and bring it back to the garage again?

Have you tried to steal a case from G37 when he has an RPG?  :lol:.

Hatch and Dodge went and got Lazers from Zancudo but they still couldn't get it back.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Unfortunately this is a case of square peg, round hole.

Trying to make versus missions in the capture creator, results in something that doesnt play well as either.

You are right.

Being creative with a creator that has natural limits and some temporary problems.

Workarounds and ideas in theory rarely play out the way they were intended in actual gameplay.

The KISS principle might be suitable as far as creations at the moment.

It's always good to test theory to see how things play out, not saying in this case, but I often do test things to see what works for an idea and doesn't and once I get a combination of good options I create something. Sometimes I get lucky and make something good, sometimes I don't. I have probably deleted 100 creations cuz they weren't what I had in my head. The worst being an Annihaltor race, idea was we could blast each other with the guns, but turned out incredibly boring due to slow speed and no one could hit shit.

It's always good to test theory to see how things play out, not saying in this case, but I often do test things to see what works for an idea and doesn't and once I get a combination of good options I create something. Sometimes I get lucky and make something good, sometimes I don't. I have probably deleted 100 creations cuz they weren't what I had in my head. The worst being an Annihaltor race, idea was we could blast each other with the guns, but turned out incredibly boring due to slow speed and no one could hit shit.

How can you test it without publish it?

Or can you erase it after publish it?

Foremost I am not saying delete this one, just saying theory often leads to other things.

I publish, run a few times to find problems and attempt to fix, if after I have made fixes and it is still not what I hoped then I delete it.

the annihilators are the most useless aircraft in the game...I think I somehow killed someone on the ground in freemode once with the guns, and then decided my life was too precious to be wasting it in large chunks trying to get some entertaining use out of that helicopter

Now if a passenger sitting in the open side doors could free-aim the guns, THAT would be fun.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg