London Marathon 2021

BryannosaurusRex

20 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Very cool to read ! Kinda makes me wanna go train again but I'm stuck by that mysterious lazyness illness.

I ran a 10k back in 2019. Never done something like that before and never did it since 😁

The Mrs did it in 2022 and 2023. Was supposed to do it with her last year but never took the time to train.

I excuse myself by telling me that I'm already going to work by bike everyday (11kms) but I think I'll do this 10k this year ! 

Anyway, big congrats on running a whole marathon ! I definitely could never do that. Respect !

I’m on my feet all day at work - lots of walking and up & down ladders, so get my fair share of exercise anyway. Once January is done I’ll keep on running, just not every day. 

I’ve always found it hard to make a start exercising, but once you get going you’ll want to do more!

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️

Day 11. Same as yesterday - frosty, icy and windy. 1.5 miles (2.4km)

• Like 3

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 12 - cold and dark again, which means we did the bare minimum. We’re making sure we do at least a mile. 1.1 miles (1.77km). A longer run tomorrow in the daylight. 

• Like 2

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 13 - 4.8 miles (7.7km) of walking and running. A walk uphill to the old WW2 airfield, run round the airfield then run/walk back downhill to the village. Will probably do the same/similar thing tomorrow.

• Like 2

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 14. Took a dog with us today. My friends had to go out for the day today and couldn’t take their dog Teddy with them, so we took him out with us for a run/walk. He’s a Cocker-Doodle-Poo (half labradoodle, half cockerpoo) and completely mental! We went up out the village and along footpaths and tracks through a few fields. A field with sheep in had one lonely sheep by itself which was unusual, so I went for a closer look and could see that its head was stuck in the wire fence. I freed it and off it ran to the rest of the flock. 
Strava was playing up and didn’t record the full distance, so we’re going with 3.5 miles (5.6km).

Edited by BryannosaurusRex
  • Like 2

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 15. Half way! (ish) Again it’s another frosty evening - below freezing point! 🥶 so another bare minimum of 1.1 miles (1.77km). No dogs or sheep today. 

• Like 2

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️

Day 16. Same as yesterday - cold, frosty, icy and dark. Just a quick loop round the village. 1.1 miles (1.77km)

• Like 2

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 17. I went out on my own tonight as mrs went out this morning with a workmate. 3.29 miles (5.29 km). 3 laps of our little route round the village. 

(EDIT - site won’t let me reply)

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 18. Went out this morning with the Mrs as she’s out this evening and didn’t want to go out by herself in the dark. -7C so just a 1.1 mile (1.77km) to avoid frostbite!

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 19. Another evening run in the frost. 1.3 miles (2.1 km) round the village.

We’re doing our local Parkrun tomorrow morning - 5km run. It’s off-road and has a short, sharp, steep hill right at the end

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 20. We did the parkrun 5km in the morning. I did it 7 years ago and the hill at the end felt longer this time! We both went at our own pace. It was muddy, but no more frost. 

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️

Day 21. Legs are sore from yesterday, so just a walk and slow running in the wind and rain this afternoon along the footpaths out of the village and back again.

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

day 22- back to an evening run round the village - 1.42 miles (2.29 km) felt tough as legs still a bit sore

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 23 - Another bare minimum 1.1 mile run round the village.

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Day 24 - ditto ^^^ 1.1 miles

Edited by BryannosaurusRex
  • Like 1