Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Banketelli

Anyone playing this?

How's the settlement building? Probably what draws me the most.😆 Really liked how you could recruit and upgrade a small village in the 3rd one, I think it was.

Still a little pissed about how it seems like they've replaced Danes with Norsemen, but must say the game looks pretty good.

I’m definitely going to get it. Can’t wait to explore my local area in a game. 

As with all Assassins Creed titles I’ll be waiting a couple of months though while they iron the bugs out. I might even be able to get hold of a PS5 by then too. 

Will be getting it at Christmas most likely. 

Love the entire series, despite the overarching story becoming more than superficial. The settings are amazing though and I had a blast exploring Egypt and Greece. Looking forward to visiting @Squirrel's ancestors 😄 

7 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Will be getting it at Christmas most likely. 

Love the entire series, despite the overarching story becoming more than superficial. The settings are amazing though and I had a blast exploring Egypt and Greece. Looking forward to visiting @Squirrel's ancestors 😄 

I’m going to be paying close attention to what they’ve done with York or Jorvik as it was known back then. I’ve actually visited the old remains of the original viking settlement there and have a good idea of the layout of the original Roman fort.

Also wondering if my home town is on the map. It definitely existed back then and we even still have a pub that was serving beer back in the 10th century  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Still a little pissed about how it seems like they've replaced Danes with Norsemen, but must say the game looks pretty good.

Most people refer to the vikings as Danes in the game 😄

I've only just got to England so can't say much, liking it so far. I love Norse mythology so I can see myself enjoying it more than origins and odyssey.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danielle said:

Most people refer to the vikings as Danes in the game 😄

I've only just got to England so can't say much, liking it so far. I love Norse mythology so I can see myself enjoying it more than origins and odyssey.

That makes me feel a little better.😂

• 2 months later...

160 hours in finished all quests and storyline. The Order is finished. I can’t wait till March for DLC to go to Ireland.

it’s been my favourite AC game so far.

• Like 1

It's pretty good. But holy crap, it's riddled with bugs, loading screens that would make you think you're playing on PS3, maybe even PS2, and the blue screen of annoyance is becoming more and more frequent.

Edited by Banketelli

Didn't get it for Xmas but birthdays coming up next week so there's still hope. 

Will buy it when the price drops later this year otherwise. Hopefully the bugs will be gone by then. 

58 minutes ago, Banketelli said:

It's pretty good. But holy crap, it's riddled with bugs, loading screens that would make you think you're playing on PS3, maybe even PS2, and the blue screen of annoyance is becoming more and more frequent.

I honestly only encountered 1 bug. When going with Petra to talk to the white elk. Other than that, yes fast travel screens are long. I’m not sure if it’s that I have the digital copy or not but I’m glad for only the 1 bug.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Burgermauger said:

I honestly only encountered 1 bug. When going with Petra to talk to the white elk. Other than that, yes fast travel screens are long. I’m not sure if it’s that I have the digital copy or not but I’m glad for only the 1 bug.

Could be it. Not sure how it works. But wish it was me.

Have seen a lot of complaints about bugs, and I'm running into some that have been reported since launch and still haven't been fixed. As for loading screens, it can take +30s just to load into a simple convesation.