Manufacturers Super Cup 2020. This Wednesday October 21st.

SkyeDave

RESULTS ARE UP!

If the text colour annoys you or is unreadable hit the dark mode button in the top left corner.  I'm having problems with the text colour not being automatic switching between day and night mode so Xero Gas Blue is the middle ground alternative.  

Xero Gas Motorsport presents……

The Manufacturers Super Cup 2020.

48067630_ScreenShot2020-10-17at14_54_40.png.33f413b005212fd5bd7bece775691991.png

This October 21st sees the Manufacturers Super Cup return to San Andreas for nine races over three classes.

To qualify to compete a manufacturer must produce a car in all of the three classes, Supers, Sports and Sports Classics. The 6 main manufacturers entering this year will be Benefactor, Grotti, Ocelot, Dewbauchee, Annis and Lampadati. Competitors pick a manufacturer and can only race cars from that manufacturer all night. 

We’ll be attempting clean contact racing with catch up and slip stream off in fully modded owned cars. As always, kerb boosting will be frowned upon.

Some manufacturers will be strong in some classes and weak in others.  The slower cars will start at the front with the faster ones attempting to move through over the course of the race. 

We’ll meet at the Xero Gas Warehouse and be ready to start the playlist around 20:30 UK time or 21:30 CET. Add me, SKYEDAVE as a friend to make sure you get your invite.  Playlist will take between 90 – 120 minutes.

A playlist of the races will be posted here a day or two beforehand so we have a chance to familiarize ourselves with the tracks.

Any questions or anything I’ve missed please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments.

Sign up by picking a team and letting us know what cars you intend to race. You may end up with one or two team mates (depending on numbers)

Here are the favourites for this years title, all currently looking for 2 to 3 drivers each.  

BENEFACTOR look strong this year.  They are the favourites in the Super Class with the KRIEGER, not too for off the pace with the SCHAFTER V12, SCHLAGEN GT or FELTZER in the Sports and the trusty STIRLING GT in the Sports Classics.

GROTTI most competitive cars in the Supers are the  FURIA, X80 PROTO, or VISIONE.  They look to win races in the Sports Class with the ITALI GTO and are expected to dominate the Sports Classics with the TURISMO CLASSIC and CHEETAH CLASSIC. (Other Grottis are available in all and eligible but these listed are the fastest)

OCELOT have the sweet sounding XA21 (or ill advised PENETRATOR) in the Supers, the equally dulcet JUGULAR or PARIAH in the sports and the aptly named tail happy sw*nger in the Sports Classics.

DEWBAUCHEE are determined to be the No.1 British manufacturer and they look to give Ocelot a run for their money this year.  Their best line up is the VAGNER, MASSACRO RACE CAR and the RAPID GT CLASSIC

ANNIS aren’t the outright fastest in any of the classes but they look to be competitive in at least the Supers with the S80RR or RE7B and the Sports with either of the ELEGYs, RH8 or CUSTOM RETRO.  They shouldn’t be too far behind in the Sports Classsics with the star of the Nations Cup a few weeks back, the SAVESTRA

LAMPADATI.  What they lack in pace they more than make up for in style.  This year they’re best bets would be the TIGON in the Supers Class, the KOMODA in the Sports Class and the mid engined VISERIS or front wheel drive PIGALLE in the Sports Classics.

If anyone is feeling particularly brave, massochistic or just holds a fondness or an affinity with a different brand then the following manufacturers also qualify although won’t be as competitive as the top 6.  These manufacturers do not have to be picked but can be if someone really wants a challenge or just a change.

VAPID lag behind in the Supers with the FMJ, aren’t much better in the Sports with the FLASH GT or GB200 but will be quick in the Sports Classics with the RETINUE II.

KARIN would not be expected to ruffle many feathers with the SULTAN RS, SULTAN CLASSIC and 190Z in the Supers, Sports and Classic classes respectively.

UBERMACHT have the SC1, SENTINEL CLASSIC or REVOLTER and ZION CLASSIC.

We've listed what we believe to be their best cars both from our own experience and of course the spreadsheets of our Lord and Saviour Broughy1322.  Think we've missed something fast?  Let us know or keep it a secret until on the night and turn up with it like it's a secret weapon.

Comment to sign up below with your chosen manufacturer:

1844492279_ScreenShot2020-10-17at14_59_54.png.e0a893dbf053dcd1c6ef0fa95a4c953d.pngLAMPADATI

DRIVER 1: @mulder

DRIVER 2: @RammsteinDUDE

DRIVER 3: @Mark Verstappen

32137150_ScreenShot2020-10-17at14_59_38.png.854c081342a0f611d594dec5e108af82.png ANNIS

DRIVER 1 @djw180

DRIVER 2 @Challenger001

DRIVER 3 @badingaaa

1964579144_ScreenShot2020-10-17at14_59_11.png.ed5085c244d4406fe6a0e996fff506ae.png GROTTI

DRIVER 1 @AlexHat29

DRIVER 2    NicoMelo

DRIVER 3    Wilkibob

1341208561_ScreenShot2020-10-17at15_02_44.png.4b957cfcb86c0c166c1f10fa83d15417.pngBENEFACTOR

DRIVER 1: @Paulie

DRIVER 2: @Warriors-Ten

DRIVER 3: @Noelly

1812248261_ScreenShot2020-10-17at15_03_00.png.bdb1ba94e041c539f65cbf65ec7614b7.png OCELOT

DRIVER 1: @Lann

DRIVER 2: @Protocawl

DRIVER 3: @zmurko

1596582506_ScreenShot2020-10-17at15_03_26.png.c513c0d2952de52a719f2c86f1090fbf.png

DRIVER 1: @SkyeDave

DRIVER 2:    Eased Light

DRIVER 3:   FoxUNIT

Thanks to GTA Wiki Fandom for the Manufacturer Logos.

Playlist is now up: A mixture of race tracks, street circuits, and road races.  

2115023612_ScreenShot2020-10-20at12_25_15.png.90f833a611a4c1ddc9d69ca06e097b0a.png

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/97mEjXR2RkOXWpH4YST_Xw

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Like 1

This looks amazing! My first choice is Lampadati, The komoda is one of my favorite cars in the game. Grotti will be my second choice if nobody going for that one. 

• Like 1

I'd like Lampadati. But if someone else really wants that spot I'd be happy to take Ubermacht or Benefactor too. 😄

Edited by Mark Verstappen
  • Like 1

I would like to join this, but i cant guarantee to be on time. I could join any manufacturer. Can i sign up as a potential racer if needed and if i make it on time?

1 hour ago, Lann said:

I would like to join this, but i cant guarantee to be on time. I could join any manufacturer. Can i sign up as a potential racer if needed and if i make it on time?

Of course @LannWill be great to have you along. Just say now what manufacturer you'd like to race for and I'll sign you up.  If you're joining us a bit late that's fine you can just slot in  to your team at whichever race we're at.  The only team that's full so far is Lampadati.

1 hour ago, SkyeDave said:

Of course @LannWill be great to have you along. Just say now what manufacturer you'd like to race for and I'll sign you up.  If you're joining us a bit late that's fine you can just slot in  to your team at whichever race we're at.  The only team that's full so far is Lampadati.

Thanks. First pick would be Ocelot, second Grotti.

• Like 1

NEWS FLASH: ap_68BDEBF8-802E-439B-9230-2A56B2D48BB5.thumb.JPEG.9f92ee539bb039d06728d046cbacf1bf.JPEG

Dewbauchee have called an ill attended press conference to announce they are partnering up with Xero Gas for the upcoming Manufacturers Super Cup. 2020

358727190_ScreenShot2020-10-18at22_46_29.png.437bcabf9a89f175bb463e649fd21973.png

Pictured Dewbauhee attempt to hide their disappointment when they realise they have in fact still only got one driver.

We caught up with Dewbauchee Motorsports Director Bernard Smyth......

WEAZEL NEWS: So were you disappointed to find out @mulderwas driving for Lampadati and not Xero Gas?  He's gone on to join @RammsteinDUDEand @Mark Verstappenat what is widely considered to be the best driver line up so far.

BERNARD SMYTH: No, not really, I mean yes, obviously at first but if they want to go and drive for a second rate boat manufacturer whose raison d'etre seems to be giving their cars names no one knows how to pronounce then that's fine.  I mean, "Komoda".  How are you supposed to say that?  Is it like the old Amiga 500 games console or is it meant to be like a French toilet?  I mean, actually, one is a bit retro and the other one is full of sh*t so that sums up Lampadati quite well.

WN:  Well who do you consider to be your biggest rivals?  Benefactor?

BS:  What the 'well organised Germans'.  Gimme a break, last time they turned up with less cars than they had drivers.  You mark my words, I bet @Warriors-Tenwill have to borrow at least one car off @Paulieon the night because they forgot to pack the truck properly.

WN:  Ok, Ocelot then, they've got a full complement of drivers already, @Lann, @Protocawland @zmurko Surely you must be worried about them?

BS:  Nah, none of their drivers are British, we're going to push through Brexit before the event starts, they won't even get across the channel.

WN:  But surely you're British too?  Won't that effect you?

BS:  Nah, we're like the Royal Family, we've got a British name but that's it.  Everything is built overseas but somehow retaining the British build quality.  Take that GT Classic over there, if you listen carefully you can actually hear it rusting.

1849600585_ScreenShot2020-10-18at22_46_08.png.631f74cc6f503fefff79b3666e83d5c7.png

WN:  Grotti then.  there's a lot of hype about their line up.  @Joyrider1is so excited about joining the Italian team he joined the forum especially.

BS:  Oooooh, excited to join the big Italian team, where have we heard that before?  Alonso?  Vettel?  That worked out great for them didn't it.  Besides, you only need to ask @AlexHat29to crash and he does it for you.  

WN:  What about Annis?  @djw180signed up for them pretty quick.  You think he knows something you don't?

BS:  Well our plan for beating Annis is just to try and have more drivers than them and so far it's one each so we're moving in the right direction.

WN:  Who are you going to get to drive for you then?  @badingaaa? @Challenger001?

BS:  They're both great but they raced for Japan during the World Nations Cup a while back so we reckon they might be joining Annis because they're so in love with their Savestras.

WN:  So who are you going to get then?

BS:  Well,  there's a few names floating about @Aslad, @CatManDoza, @Realjaysee, @Eser1985, @Bkmoto28 but I think our best bet is to try and get @JuniorChubbout of semi retirement.  Maybe if we promise he doesn't have to talk to @SkyeDave, or anyone else for that matter it'll be alright.

WN: Ok, well thanks for your insight and good luck with the drivers line up.

BS: Kifflom, I mean erm, yeah, cheers, whatever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, SkyeDave said:

NEWS FLASH: ap_68BDEBF8-802E-439B-9230-2A56B2D48BB5.thumb.JPEG.9f92ee539bb039d06728d046cbacf1bf.JPEG

Dewbauchee have called an ill attended press conference to announce they are partnering up with Xero Gas for the upcoming Manufacturers Super Cup. 2020

358727190_ScreenShot2020-10-18at22_46_29.png.437bcabf9a89f175bb463e649fd21973.png

Pictured Dewbauhee attempt to hide their disappointment when they realise they have in fact still only got one driver.

We caught up with Dewbauchee Motorsports Director Bernard Smyth......

WEAZEL NEWS: So were you disappointed to find out @mulderwas driving for Lampadati and not Xero Gas?  He's gone on to join @RammsteinDUDEand @Mark Verstappenat what is widely considered to be the best driver line up so far.

BERNARD SMYTH: No, not really, I mean yes, obviously at first but if they want to go and drive for a second rate boat manufacturer whose raison d'etre seems to be giving their cars names no one knows how to pronounce then that's fine.  I mean, "Komoda".  How are you supposed to say that?  Is it like the old Amiga 500 games console or is it meant to be like a French toilet?  I mean, actually, one is a bit retro and the other one is full of sh*t so that sums up Lampadati quite well.

WN:  Well who do you consider to be your biggest rivals?  Benefactor?

BS:  What the 'well organised Germans'.  Gimme a break, last time they turned up with less cars than they had drivers.  You mark my words, I bet @Warriors-Tenwill have to borrow at least one car off @Paulieon the night because they forgot to pack the truck properly.

WN:  Ok, Ocelot then, they've got a full complement of drivers already, @Lann, @Protocawland @zmurko Surely you must be worried about them?

BS:  Nah, none of their drivers are British, we're going to push through Brexit before the event starts, they won't even get across the channel.

WN:  But surely you're British too?  Won't that effect you?

BS:  Nah, we're like the Royal Family, we've got a British name but that's it.  Everything is built overseas but somehow retaining the British build quality.  Take that GT Classic over there, if you listen carefully you can actually hear it rusting.

1849600585_ScreenShot2020-10-18at22_46_08.png.631f74cc6f503fefff79b3666e83d5c7.png

WN:  Grotti then.  there's a lot of hype about their line up.  @Joyrider1is so excited about joining the Italian team he joined the forum especially.

BS:  Oooooh, excited to join the big Italian team, where have we heard that before?  Alonso?  Vettel?  That worked out great for them didn't it.  Besides, you only need to ask @AlexHat29to crash and he does it for you.  

WN:  What about Annis?  @djw180signed up for them pretty quick.  You think he knows something you don't?

BS:  Well our plan for beating Annis is just to try and have more drivers than them and so far it's one each so we're moving in the right direction.

WN:  Who are you going to get to drive for you then?  @badingaaa? @Challenger001?

BS:  They're both great but they raced for Japan during the World Nations Cup a while back so we reckon they might be joining Annis because they're so in love with their Savestras.

WN:  So who are you going to get then?

BS:  Well,  there's a few names floating about @Aslad, @CatManDoza, @Realjaysee, @Eser1985, @Bkmoto28 but I think our best bet is to try and get @JuniorChubbout of semi retirement.  Maybe if we promise he doesn't have to talk to @SkyeDave, or anyone else for that matter it'll be alright.

WN: Ok, well thanks for your insight and good luck with the drivers line up.

BS: Kifflom, I mean erm, yeah, cheers, whatever.

Wonderful! Just wonderful @SkyeDavehats off to you mate! 🙌

I have all the cars for Ocelot so that would be my first choice but I don't mind joining Dewbauche or Anni's to make up the numbers if someone can spawn the cars for me?

25 minutes ago, Noelly said:

I have all the cars for Ocelot so that would be my first choice but I don't mind joining Dewbauche or Anni's to make up the numbers if someone can spawn the cars for me?

Hi @Noelly, welcome to the forums.  Yeah, Ocelot have got three drivers already and Dewbauchee have had a couple of late entriesso in the interests oe evening it out you could go with Grotti, Benefactor or Annis..  I'm sure whatever team you pick someone will be willing to spawn cars in for you so just whichever you prefer.

Edited by SkyeDave

Ocelot has tested its cars on the tracks with mixed results. Ocelot is very confident and is expecting a guaranteed victory on one of the tracks, but is considering using an inferior, underpowered car on one of the other tracks, as they don't want their drivers to get killed on the slopes below Mr. Weston's house. Their flagship overpowered sports car doesn't like sudden changes of direction apparently. 

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

PM to @Protocawl and @zmurkoin Team Ocelot.

I bet one of those englishmen teams done tampered with our Sports. Can not seem to lose the understeer no matter what. I will put on some well tested ****** wheels to see about improvement, but hold little hope. Any advice greatly appreciated. 

PS I sold our F620 to afford the new wheels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lann said:

PM to @Protocawl and @zmurkoin Team Ocelot.

I bet one of those englishmen teams done tampered with our Sports. Can not seem to lose the understeer no matter what. I will put on some well tested ****** wheels to see about improvement, but hold little hope. Any advice greatly appreciated. 

PS I sold our F620 to afford the new wheels.

Understeer in Pariah? 😮 What have they done with your car?