TPI vs Merryweather

Onrefne

1_0.jpg

Merryweather has caught wind of Trever's plan to use the Lazers he stole from them to steal a shipment of Luxors. Can they stop Trevor and his goons? -SUICIDE FOR A NEW LAZER-

One team at Trever's airfield, another at the military base. Race down to the loading docks to collect the new shipment of Luxors and bring them back.

Players respawn in a new Lazer so don't be too conservative :D!

If you manage to capture a Vestra, just pick up a handy grenade and eat it for a new jet to get back in the action... yummy!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/eOP2-DQvakaCbE_n5IYGqw?platformId=null

Edited by Onrefne

May fav capture ever!!!

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Was just about to post how much you would like this (I loved it too)

I feel the same way, very nice capture that requires some teamwork.

I finally took hatch's advice.......missiles are useless in a dogfight, they're easy to avoid and a couple of hits with the cannons (even from distance) is enough to bring an enemy down.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Job of the week 8/13/14

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 10 months later...

We played this today and it was really cool.  I like the concept.  My only suggestion is to lower the time limit.  It is originally set at 20 minutes, which I think is way too long.

• Like 1

It's brilliant with at least 5 players on either team, but the time limit has to be lowered. if there's more than 5 on each team and 1 team isn't marginally better than the other than scoring is very, very, VERY difficult and they'll have to play the whole 20 minutes, which can become a bit tedious. I'd recommend 10, but 15 would also still be better than 20.

Edited by Protocawl

yea the time limit is abit too long, we had no chance of scoring last night so it just turns into a dogfight for a long time lol

nicolabellamy77.png

ok ty for the feedback guys, i think this was made b4 there was an option to change the timer, not sure, next time i'm on i'll take a look.

PS: just reading my original post it appears i left out the reasoning for the grenades at the capture point. in case any1 hasn't figured out what they're for... they are meant for committing suicide after you capture a vestra if there are no more starting jets :).

Edited by Onrefne

perfect timing to fix up this capture. with the release of ill-gotten gains part 2 comes the unrestricted access to both fort zancudo and the air port. i can now place things where i originally intended.

i would have had this all fixed up but i encountered a bug where if u switch to the person view camera and press circle it reloads ur job, so everything i had changed was erased.

INTENDED CHANGES:

-Time Limit to be reduced upon request to 15 mins. (idk if i can do 10 mins as in testing it requires a minimum of 5 mins to fly straight to the plane, get in, and fly it back to the capture point. i'm considering moving the respawns closer to town.)

-Merryweather team start points and jets relocated to inside fort zancudo.

-TPI start points and jets spread out slightly.

-Merryweather team capture point relocated to the big hanger on the east.

-Actors are being hired on both teams to guard the hangers from spys.

-Capture Vestra to be replaced with Luxor Deluxe and it's location to be relocated to the 2 big hangers at the south of LSI Airport.

• Like 3

Previously intended changes are now LIVE!

Additional Info:

-the capture points are placed at the entrance to the hangers but you only need to get within 30 feet.

-time limit set down to 15 mins.

-respawn areas are now moved closer and within the flight path between your base and the capture vehicles, effectively reducing the time it takes to get back in the action by HALF!

-the luxor is now the capture vehicle due to it's gold plating and high price tag, but it does fly a bit slower than the vestra. this being said, do comment if this change makes it highly more impossible to capture or not.

• 4 weeks later...

I just remembered about this. Did it last week (can't remember when though!). Anyway neither team managed to get a single Luxor back to their base. They seemed far too easy to shoot down. It was still great to play, but it was essentially a team-vehicle deathmatch in the Lazers rather than a capture. Of course this is just one play of it. It may have just been down to lack of flying skills (evading missiles) by the people who tried to get the Luxors home. I never played this before so I can't compare it to the Vestras as the capture vehicles but I'm sure they would have been far easier to get home in.

It's probably a combination of both, Luxors being used and spawn areas being closer now, so it's really hard to even leave the LSIA area with a Luxor. I did manage to dodge a missile once with it though, so I guess it IS possible.

I'm really bad at dodging missiles though, well air combat in general.

I think that it's damn near impossible to deliver a Luxor when you have 10 or more players in the match, but when there's less than 10, it would probably be much more possible. It depends on the skill of both teams' jet pilots, too, of course, and honestly, the air battles that happen have always been absolutely awesome even if no one delivers a plane! So - you can keep the Luxors or try the Vestras. With a smaller lobby and Vestras, I think it would become perhaps too easy to score, but I could be wrong... It's all trial and error to be honest. I'm planning to have a PL with this job in it soon, so I could let you know when I have decided the exact time and you can replace the Luxors with Vestras so we could see the difference then. What do you think?

i think i might put the vestras back anyway, they are a lil more nimble to dodge the missles, and a smaller target. i actually forgot that i moved the spawns closer XD. 

is the closer spawn location better? i find the most boring part of the job is the long fly time back just to die again lol.

and the capture point for the merryweather team, let me know if the hanger is closed at any time. that hanger isn't open in SP but it is in MP so i hope it'll be ok

• 5 months later...