Best birthday present you ever got!...

Cotick20

So, about a month from now I am going to have a birthday -- considering my age -- thats a lot of birthdays!... :)

Funny thing is even now I still get excited about my birthday -- also get excited about my kids birthdays -- get scared about my wife's b-day (dont know how she is going to react to it, and never know what to get her)... :huh:

Anyway, back to my birthday -- the main reason why I always loved my birthday is because of the surprise b-day presents of course... I dont mean cash, or gift cards, or presents you actually asked for, or crap that someone gives you because they want it -- and they figure you would want it too...

I mean someone gives you present by figuring out what you want -- (I dont mean necessarily what you need like clothing or furniture or vacation for two, etc) I mean a present thats just for you, and you alone and has nothing to do with anyone but you -- and its for fun -- you know what I am talking about -- like when a six year old boy gets a firetruck, or a seven year old gets a barbie. (nowadays that firetruck and barbie for little kids are turned into iphones, ipods, ipads, etc...)

So, my question is -- what was the best surprise b-day present you got as an adult that got you just as excited as a little kid?

In my case, it was my PS3, I got about 4 years ago (the one that died recently) -- I will explain why -- its not only because I love video games  -- it was because it was a big surprise from my wife -- who never actually liked all the time I spent playing video games on the iPhone, PS2, PC, etc, while I could have been spending time with her and/or use my time more 'productively' -- but she got it for me anyway!... :P

Edited by Cotick20

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

Hmm, my 2nd wife "rented" me a stripper. That was quite the surprise and fun to play with.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

nothing stands out for me. 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I stopped getting presents around the age of 18.

Although, I remember when I turned 30, my entire work staff at the time took me out for an epic night of dinner and drinks.  There were about 35-40 of us at one point, and I remember very little, but I had one hell of a time.  Needless to say, I took the next couple of days off. :P

That's pretty much all I do on my birthday though--just go out for some good beer and good food.  I'm not that hard to please. ;)

Edited by LN-MLB

Since i wanted to be a pilot when i was a kid and one point i was using the simulator way to many hours, on my 40th birthday my wife took me on a surprise trip to a local airfield for me to have 2 hours flying lesson on a Cessna and gave me a voucher for a real airbus simulator! Best bday present ever, i will never forget that day not even with Alzheimer. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This:

25529_article_big.png

Pioneer DJM900 Nexus.

Was a nice upgrade on my previous DJM700 model (which the Mrs also bought for me), endless stuff to mess with and a superb build quality. Couldn't get it outta the box quick enough.

I no longer have it, but will be getting the Nexus 2 shortly.

I don't really celebrate my birthday, don't like getting older :(

Edited by DavidCore89

14 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

This:

25529_article_big.png

Pioneer DJM900 Nexus.

Was a nice upgrade on my previous DJM700 model (which the Mrs also bought for me), endless stuff to mess with a superb build quality. Couldn't git it outta the box quick enough.

I no longer have it, but will be getting the Nexus 2 shortly.

I don't really celebrate my birthday, don't like getting older :(

That is really awesome, you could do some epic music with that :)

3 minutes ago, Dead-Demon said:

That is really awesome, you could do some epic music with that :)

Thanks!

Yeah I really loved using it.

Perfect for button mashers such as myself :D

18 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Thanks!

Yeah I really loved using it.

Perfect for button mashers such as myself :D

Button mashers renind me of tekken hahahaha

• Like 1