Calling all grinders (you know who you are)

phaves

First off - yes I'm a sad git, no I don't care.

Right after grinding Coveted (new experience for me) last night and discussing the possibility of grinding Potshot instead I decided to do a small test.

So I've setup a Potshot x 16 PL and I have just played 4 missions in just over 15 minutes.

So I reckon with other people and the added time of invites, waiting for others etc. you could do all 16 in less than an hour and a quarter.

So that's $168K in less than 75 minutes - if someone has timed Coveted recently (since the changes) please let me know how this compares. But I reckon it's at least equal $s to time ratio as Coveted.

For my money Potshot also has these advantages over other grind missions:

You don't need a tank to make it very easy.

You can solo it in the same time.

You only need to kill three people - very low ammo cost.

Very low failure rate.

If you are doing it with others while one is driving the van to the drop-off the others can go and take out the remaining enemies - no more waiting around doing sod all.

So what do you guys?

So if you haven't done PotShot recently - this is just how easy it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLVbKZNc8lc

Basically - run to the corner, shoot the two blokes, approach the bridge until the van marker starts moving, wait for the van, kill the driver (he drives right at you), drive the van less than 2 miles with no one chasing you.

• Like 1

phaves.jpg

Potshot is .. what around $7K on hard?

Guess that's not too bad.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Oh, I thought you were referring to Coveted still.  :lol:

That's a lot better than I remember though.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

The first run on a coveted PL now takes a lot longer as the Tank pickup is now at Fort Z (but it wrongly shows as close to Trevors place until you get close enough then the icon jumps to fort Z).  I haven't used a stopwatch, but I think subsequent runs are around 7 or 8 mins for solo, probably a minute or two  less if there are others helping (flying the cargo-bob).

Yesterday we had what I think was the perfect setup, 1 tank, 1 buzzard and a Cargobob pilot (passenger in buzzard).  Tank barrels down the hill triggering the 2 min countdown and blows the snot out of everything, buzzard keeps out of range as it's easy to get it damaged.  Once the LZ is clear, Cargobob pilot parachutes to LZ, tank returns to top of hill and buzzard prepares to shoot down the bad guy heli that spawns once the container is collected. 

If the buzzard gets damaged, an aggressive cargobob pilot can stay out of gun range from the bad guy heli with too much trouble, or they can hover near the tank at the top of the hill and the tank can explode the bad guys chopper.

The only thing that could make this faster is a supercar/bike kamikazee run down the hill to trigger the timer a second or two sooner.  Please consult my BrotherBear (http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/user/266-bridgemanbear/) who has turned that into an art form.  2 minutes is WAY more than enough time for the tank to kill all the bad guys, so the pressure is on the cargo bob pilot to shave the time further with a clean pickup and drop off.

I do coveted solo more often than teamed up, where the only difference is using the cargobob to return the tank to the top of the hill.  Mission pays out $18k a time, for $288k if you can do all 16, and takes a bit under two hours.

I'll run a timer on it today and see how many completes I can get in an hour but based on your numbers, you could well be right on getting more $/hr.

Sigh... if only I wasn't so much of a money slut...

Yours Aye,

~Bear™

Mixed Up With Coke is still a favorite of mine that hasn't been tampered with.

Call a Buzzard.

Done.

I don't think I've ever used a tank in a mission before.

Thanks for all the replies - sounds like Coveted is still the best money make if you know what you're doing, CC3 with 3 tanks sounds like an "interesting" option.

Cheers all.

phaves.jpg

I'll definitely be in for some potshots, phaves. It has been my go-to solo grinding mission ever since R* bulked up Rooftop Rumble. It might not match RR (or Coveted) $ per hour, but it so damn easy. Just autopilot on and go.

I do feel bad though every time I drive off leaving the rest of the guards alive, so I wouldn't mind getting the chance to kill those suckers without prolonging the mission. :D

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a Potshot binge myself. I need cars and mods to shake my DNF record. :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat, went 6-6 or 7-7 in DNFs in the vetting yesterday.  I'd be happy to join any group sessions that people are grinding high RP/$ missions.

If you had 3 tanks - 1 at each group of people on CCO3 it would take less than a minute each time

I hated using my tank on that one, I preferred the buzzard.  Just have to make sure you land before the job is over

I hated using my tank on that one, I preferred the buzzard.  Just have to make sure you land before the job is over

Yeah, I prefer it with a buzzard too. When doing it solo, I usually leave one guy alive at the nearest location, land the buzzard and kill him with a gun.

Theres also no enemies respawning in solo mode, goes really quick.

• Like 1

I've had a Potshot x4 PL setup for a while. I usually blast through it once or twice when I first go online (or when things are quiet) because it's very quick, easy, and with 3 kills usually just cost $108 for ammo used, no need for armour (even on hard. $10.5k).  Rooftop used to be my mission of choice but even though it's still easy post change it does take longer than Potshot.....and it's frustrating if someone joins the PL and blowup the document!

If anyone wants to have a few blasts through to bolster their finances feel free to give me a shout.

Strangely in Potshot, if there's more than one player, and after the first run, the van from the previous game is still in the garage, never seen this in solo.

Edited by FRMJ1
  • Like 1