Barriers

revbouncer

Just a thought about when creating races.

When I make a race from no one I'm going to try to place as many barriers in front of the poles on the corners as I can.

It's no one's fault, but it gets annoying running over poles that others hit ahead of you.

Especially those city races where the poles are everywhere. So many good runs destroyed bt other people mistakes :(

Oh well I hit them too!!

What do you guys think?

Edited by revbouncer

It can be frustrating but I bet those slow rendering barriers which nobody seems to line up in a straight line will cause more issues than light poles.

I hit the light poles and I also run over the ones hit by others, it does affect your chances of winning (especially against racers who don't make mistakes very often), however I don't think it affects your chances any more than being wiped off the track by another racer.

• Like 2

I know what you mean, rev. It pisses me off so much, but I try not to let it bother me, cause I knock them down as well. The barriers idea might work. The only problem would be that it might make the race look extremely cluttered. And the limited allowed props may become an issue. But hey, it's worth a trial run.

I make, almost exclusively, city races. To me the poles are another intricate part of a "Dodge" race. But my tracks are commonly referred to as Vehicle Gauntlets. So that is probably not what everyone else is looking for. I can see your problem if you are trying to make a fast, smooth, and yet challenging track.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

It depends really. Some areas are littered with them (Vespucci/Del Perro for example) while others have few to none (a track would probably look like a hot mess if you tried to block off all light poles and the such although maybe tire stacks in front of them may help force traffic like markers on the water in boating). It'd make sense if you couldn't knock them over like you cannot destroy a frail looking tree.

There's only so many props too which makes it problematic to deter them from being hit. There should be more.

If I use props around light poles it's only to direct traffic to prevent people from cutting that corner (because I want you to use the road, not the sidewalk).

It's really difficult to avoid and I've hit as many and have been involved on the bad end as much as the next person. It usually helps to stay on the road but not everyone does that and attempts to shave time wherever possible.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

It depends really. Some areas are littered with them (Vespucci/Del Perro for example) while others have few to none (a track would probably look like a hot mess if you tried to block off all light poles and the such although maybe tire stacks in front of them may help force traffic like markers on the water in boating). It'd make sense if you couldn't knock them over like you cannot destroy a frail looking tree.

There's only so many props too which makes it problematic to deter them from being hit. There should be more.

If I use props around light poles it's only to direct traffic to prevent people from cutting that corner (because I want you to use the road, not the sidewalk).

It's really difficult to avoid and I've hit as many and have been involved on the bad end as much as the next person. It usually helps to stay on the road but not everyone does that and attempts to shave time wherever possible.

Are you still mad about the sidewalk pass I made on you during Traction Action?  :P

• Like 3

Dodgeservice.png

Meh, the poles dont ALWAYS get hit, but those big blue eyesores will ALWAYS be littering the scenery

Dodging fallen poles doesnt really bother me too much, at least i have a chance to dodge them, the fact they are on the ground means the other guy got slowed down by hitting them.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg