Elon Musk Starlink Satellite Internet

The targetted cost per month was said to be USD$80 for customers, but at what speed? Their planned 25mb or 50mb download idk.

They are seeking to put up 30k satellites as the service is targering rural areas and are registering a beta signup for early 2021. Starlink is also seeking a grant out of Gov initiative of a $16 billion fund set aside to help modernize rural areas digitally where the authorities are holding them to account as it comes to a 100ms latency cap.

Its definately something to watch & if you allow yourself to actually think outside the box & pull the trigger & use this service it might change your internet experience from night to day or it could be like Stadia. 😂

• Like 1

1. @Fido_le_muet also worried about Musk petitioning to lets the satellites orbit about 3x closer to the earth, collisions & any of them falling. New innovations are always promising until things goes left then the 💩 hits the fan at mach 2 speeds & the planet suffers.

It is one of those things where I find myself rather torn. Satellites are cool and a global, widely accessible internet sounds like a genuinely good thing.

But it seriously disrupts ground based astronomy, and the vast majority of astronomy is still ground based. So while the human eye sees the image below, a telescope sees the image at the bottom.

EJpOd-0W4AAXUdL?format=jpg&name=large

xZoa7ivmt5uv7pdPq5KmQK-1200-80.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All I know is this guy has a name that sounds like a nasty perfume for old women.

Probably trivial when you're filthy rich :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1