Slot car racing

newyork-nightmare

Who did this as a kid? Or who does it now? 

I remember going with my dad every other Sunday. I remember speeding up on the turns and making my car fly off the track. Dad would get so pissed!

or a smaller, home version. I have one set up in my attic now for my boys.

AFX21003-2.jpg?1403606836

• Like 1

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I had many of these sets as a child, loop the loop, tyre squeal noises etc.

I also used to fly off the track at almost every turn  :D.

I had a small set up as a kid, my folks would never spring for anything big.

There is a place about 30 miles from here where I get some RC parts, they have a huge setup like in the video and have monthly races for kids and give door prizes to them.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Had a small sett as well with Formula 1 cars as a kid. Probably gonna buy one to my two sons as well when they are big enough :-)

And they are definitely gonna have some RC toys in the future :)

rc cars, I had these. 

top.jpg

Hornet was fast! I remember blowing by old people on my road in Florida with it. Over charging my battery pack and burning a hole in my carpet.

and this one too. it was blue

Tamiya_ClodBuster.jpg

newyorknightmar3.jpg

10hqd0k.jpg

I have one of these, 4WD, 0.28ci (4.6cc) delivering a massive 2.9 BHP at 38,000 RPM (those stats have improved with the upgrades I have made).

Doesn't sound like much power but this weighs a fraction below 3KG so believe me it's quick  :D.

Top speed 65 MPH+.

Upgraded throttle and steering servo's to high quality, high torque Savox racing servo's.

HPI racing stainless exhaust and manifold.

Lightweight triple plate clutch and centre diff (original clutch was smashed to bits)

Stiffened the shocks.

Upgraded aluminium racing chassis brace front and rear.

3 stage air filter in place of the stock 2 stage filter.

Custom shell with added air intake (these get hot and mine isn't water cooled yet).

Removed the steel brakes and replaced with a more responsive lightweight aluminium set which can be pushed a lot harder than stock brakes.

Engine has been tuned as is running as lean as possible (less air maximum power).

Last year, I was using this and it rolled at high speed several times, after it rolled the throttle became stuck on full power but luckily I was able to catch it when it crashed into a fence  :lol:.

I haven't repaired the CV joint (front right), clutch needs re-setting, brakes are very loose on the rear but are rubbing and sharp on the front, cracked shell and I need to replace the spoiler which was also damaged.

Might get it done this or next week and upload a few pic and video's.

Edited by DavidCore89

Please do DC, post those pics. Im on the line of buying a new kit and playing with it at 40 years old. Need something to push me over the line into the positive. 

• Like 1

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I loved those! We used to add a little slipperyness to the corners for drifting. Hell, I once put down RC airplane fuel on the kitchen floor, lit it on fire, and made my fast RC car spin through it leaving streaks of fire like "back to the future". Needless to say my mother was not impressed. Lol

• Like 1

I remember those gas powered cars, awlays wanted one. Always had to recharge the battery. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg