Elysian Arms Deal

G37

Took a crack at making a TDM that's focused on having 3 teams. The setting and positioning should explain it all.

Elysian Arms Deal

oqyt4z.jpg

Job Link:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/2ZdZwjprpkCmUHadKOX7Bw?platformId=2

This is my first foray into multi-team DMs, so I'm definitely looking for feedback of what works, what doesn't, etc.

Edited by Casey

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• 1 month later...

I dont think the design between the proppingand weapons works here at all tbh. The location naturally offers a battle space split into 3 areas but with short range weapons players have to leave their area completely and venture into others in order to score kills, which is okay if you want to create a "raid" style of gameplay, but with this design you can see people coming from a mile away so it is really a matter of who-gets-headshot-first as I wait for you to come to me

Maybe consider swapping a lot of the short props for tall ones in key spots that break up very advantageous lines-of-sight and then go with longer range weapons....or keep the short range guns and redrop plenty of tall props to eliminate as much of the wide viewpoints as possible.

It's okay to have open spaces with high vulnerability, but these spaces aren't open, there are restricted corridors between them. I'll play it again soon as-is and pay closer attention.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I dont think the weapons work here at all tbh. The location naturally offers a battle space split into 3 areas but players have to leave their area completely and venture into others in order to score kills, which is okay if you want to create a "raid" style of gameplay, but with this design you can see people coming from a mile away so it is really a matter of who-gets-headshot-first.

Maybe consider swapping a lot of the short props for tall ones in key spots that break up very advantageous lines-of-sight and then go with longer range weapons....or keep the short range guns and redrop plenty of tall props to eliminate as much of the wide viewpoints as possible.

Yeah I'm not feeling this one at all, not sure what I want to do with it and I agree. If you ever get a chance, try Business As Usual. I think I did a better job there, I think .. 

My problem seems to be I can tell what's good and what's not about maps from others, but for some reason I have real issues making stuff myself. Something is not translating for me. At all.

Edited by G37

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Yeah, thanks for the insight. I appreciate it. I suck at making dms. I got some shit to figure out for sure and I hope to.

The thing is that location requires props to make it work, unless it is melee. So you have to choose the props wisely.

It just occured to me....this location is a lot like a 3 way version of the pier I used in Glock of the Bay so pistols are definitely doable but you have to eliminate a lot of the sight lines because the end points are much larger than on the ends of the pier.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Ohhh, that's an idea. Sure I can see what I can do with that in mind. Thanks.

Obviously your location is far more challenging with exponentially more sight lines to manage, GotB isalmost completely 2-dimensional with very narrow sight lines to either side of the pier which made it easy for me to simply drop a pattern of barriers down to construct small sight lines within the pier and done. Took me all of half an hour maybe....a 3 way location is going to take probably 8x as much work

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Yeah, I'll see what I can do. If I can't find anything I'm happy with, I'm just gonna can it and find another place I'm interested in.