Rockford Hills Raceway **Not Ready to be Played**

DavidCore89

Lately I have been really enjoying both racing and creating shorter lap races.

They all consist of some short straights, quick corners and will always have at least one chicane.

Compacts only.

Anyway, here's the race:

'Put your racing skills to the test in this short lap race in the Rockford Hills area consisting of short straights and quick turns. Works best with default settings'.

t8oina.jpg

Feedback welcome  ;).

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Updated.

Added a concrete barrier at the chicane to eliminate those who like to cut corners.

Blocked off the area of turn 1 which was causing a lot of players to over-shoot the corner, the area was tough to block with just barriers due to the terrain and the surroundings so I had to use a few cabins - either way it does the job.

Updated the screen shot too.

Edited by DavidCore89

I got 2 new cars which are waiting to getting tested :) Stupid question : - does my laptimes/ world records count for this track if i am doing this race allone ? Or will i see a pop up "new best time" ?

Edited by T-Offline

I got 2 new cars which are waiting to getting tested :) Stupid question : - does my laptimes/ world records count for this track if i am doing this race allone ? Or will i see a pop up "new best time" ?

Lap times are only recorded when you race a R* or verified creation.

I wish there was lap time leaderboards for user created jobs...

Edited by DavidCore89

Hm that's pity. I remember some time ago "Blah Blah beaten you´re time" was popping up. Maybe there is already a petition their. I will look :)

Does the records have separate classes ? I mean does it count when i beat the fastest lap time of a sports car with a motorbike ?

Your race track is challenging and makes me want to drive faster and faster. But it would be good to have the "non contact" option, for doing the race with randoms too (often i dont find someone to join).

I will drive it tonight again... ithink i found the perfect car for good lap times :)

Hm that's pity. I remember some time ago "Blah Blah beaten you´re time" was popping up. Maybe there is already a petition their. I will look :)
Does the records have separate classes ? I mean does it count when i beat the fastest lap time of a sports car with a motorbike ?

Your race track is challenging and makes me want to drive faster and faster. But it would be good to have the "non contact" option, for doing the race with randoms too (often i dont find someone to join).

I will drive it tonight again... ithink i found the perfect car for good lap times :)

If you race on a Rockstar created or verified race then others will get that message popping up if you beat their lap times, you can also view the online leaderboard of those races on Social Club by finding the race and clicking the leaderboard button below it.

Try here http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/Ik49k9CT202ATh4ypQxp4g?platformId=null

I did have that world record in the non-contact section but I have just noticed I'm down to 2nd place now.

The records don't get separated by classes unfortunately, so yes it will count if you beat a sports car lap time with a motorcycle, I always use the Bati 801 to beat the world records if motorcycles are available to be chosen, when doing a wheelie it is the fastest vehicle in the game and it's handling is awesome.

The non-contact option is available for my track in this thread, it should already be set to that by default.

Edited by DavidCore89

The 2nd place in a world ranking is still great... i would be proud if i would listed at page 2! I didn't drove many races till now. Do you mean you are doing wheelies after every slowdown or at the start / booster ? The bati is good...but i am in love with this new bike already ^^ Its driving verry smooth (not so hectic / extremly direct .. =good for noobs like me ^^).

I noticed it yesterday. I am very thankfull to R* for the non contact option and for every host that chooces this:)

Cheers

Max

The 2nd place in a world ranking is still great... i would be proud if i would listed at page 2! I didn't drove many races till now. Do you mean you are doing wheelies after every slowdown or at the start / booster ? The bati is good...but i am in love with this new bike already ^^ Its driving verry smooth (not so hectic / extremly direct .. =good for noobs like me ^^).

I noticed it yesterday. I am very thankfull to R* for the non contact option and for every host that chooces this:)

Cheers

Max

I wheelie as often as possible, a lot of time can be gained.

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

Supers were already removed, now I have removed sports cars too, they do not suit the track.

Removed GTA race settings, I felt that track wasn't suitable.

Removed the props at turn 1, they didn't do the track any justice, I have come to accept that people going off track is not my problem.... Use the brakes and look at the chevrons!

Only 1 prop remains and that is the concrete barrier to combat corner cutting at the chicane, I wouldn't use it if it wasn't completely necessary. 

Updated screenshot.

Edited by DavidCore89

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, this race is fixed and ready to be played again.

In fact, the route was shortened by almost half the distance.

I was unhappy with the first half of the track in the previous version, uphill sections and stationary traffic caused a lot of crashes.

It's now completely flat throughout, locked to compacts and set to night.

It follows my latest 'theme' of races quite well.

IMO, it's 10 times better than before.

Feedback/criticism welcome as always!

Edited by DavidCore89

• 1 year later...

Mods - Please move to PS4 Crew Created races.

Thanks for playing, but will be no longer available on PS3.

PS4 version coming soon.

Edited by DavidCore89

4 minutes ago, zmurko said:

After I finally figured out the track (never did well on it until last week's challenge), it gets moved to PS4 ... :(

Sorry!

I'm trying to cut down on duplicate jobs in my menu, I also don't think I'd have enough characters for a title.

Until it got featured in the challenge it was very rarely played, same happened to some of my other races until I moved them.

To be honest I still wasn't happy with it, but obviously can't update it without moving it to PS4.

The races which require no future work will stay on PS3.

Edited by DavidCore89

• 1 month later...

PS4 version still coming soon :lol:.

Please do NOT play this job until the the new job is finished, remember this is published as it was moved from PS3, but it is NOT ready to be played in crew playlists.

My last unfinished job made it's way into crew playlists despite the title reading 'Unfinished' and the description reading 'Do NOT play yet'.

Thread will be updated when it's ready.

Edited by DavidCore89