Car-mageddon

G37

This was the product of 4 hours wasted trying to create a go-kart race of sorts. There just weren't enough viable props and after 2 failures, I scrapped the idea. A series of interstate exchanges and boogie-woogie's was the result.

The course is very symmetrical and is certainly fast paced. There are a lot of quick dips and climbs thanks to the freeway exits and you'll find yourself getting on at one just as quick as you take one off. It's nowhere near as complex as that map would have you believe nor is it intimidating.

As with everything I've created of late, I spend some time sourcing a narration of some kind or have the track, description, photo and title relate to something somewhere. With my interest in all these interstate exchanges and this being a Los Angeles inspired city, a parallel was struck. The title "Carmageddon" was a term coined in 2011 after L.A. essentially shut down a 10 mile section of the 405 Freeway (an incredible popular and high traffic area. The ripple effects were apparently severely widespread as this was part of a $1 billion freeway expansion program.

By default this is non-contact with Sports set to 2 laps. A GTA style race was also built into the course (for shits and giggles) so that is an option, as are Sedans, Supers, Sports Classics, Coupes and Muscle cars.

Car-mageddon

mh909g.jpg

Job Link:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/HIiocI7oBkKjx8Iy_zrTPA?platformId=2

Feedback is still always welcome

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

A little different than most tracks, quite fun. Would probably need to be set to contact to have some slipstreaming on the long hihgway stretch.

I did have one problem, where I drove into a wrong highway 'exit' on my first try.

You cant really see where to go, as you're coming around the corner (2 left turns) or perhaps I checked the CP before I could see where it is pointing.

So the wrong exit could probably use a fence or something. Believe it was at checkpoint 10. Fence might probably cause other problems (collisions), so not sure if it is the best solution.

A little different than most tracks, quite fun. Would probably need to be set to contact to have some slipstreaming on the long hihgway stretch.

I did have one problem, where I drove into a wrong highway 'exit' on my first try.

You cant really see where to go, as you're coming around the corner (2 left turns) or perhaps I checked the CP before I could see where it is pointing.

So the wrong exit could probably use a fence or something. Believe it was at checkpoint 10. Fence might probably cause other problems (collisions), so not sure if it is the best solution.

Well, I did post this at 6 am so I'll have to take a look  :lol: .

I'd prefer it Contact myself but to have the option for Non-contact, I believe it needs to be the default setting.

I'll examine the CPs but this race does require attention considering it's Supers - may make it Sports by default then to slow things down as well. I'll take a look at the fence idea but my general train of thought was if attention wasn't paid, you could fly by (only added barriers at the extreme end of stretches) and I believe every CP is visible from the last one. Again, it was late so those are some good points and I'll take a gander.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

- Updated OP/Map

- Default to Sports (slows things down some)

- Added props blocking off other exits/sections of the freeway

- Removed 4 CPs

I think really the only problem was there were more Cps than needed. I removed some and adjusted a few. All are still visible from the last one but there's more distance between them now so there is ample time to react with props in place (should be no confusion now).

Edited by G37

You don't need to default to non contact for it still to be an option. :)

Weird, I remember having to go back into earlier races I made and set that as default for it to be an option to actually play it when Non-contact came out. Oh well haha.

Ran this a few times last night, seems good.

Broke up the long straight at the end with a slight twist which re-directs the ending hairpin. The intention is still to run this as a standard race. Further updates will be posted in  an all-inclusive thread soon.

• Like 1