How much ya Wrench?

Sinister

Who remembers that old SNL skit?

Any other wrench turners in here? If so what have you worked on lately? Professional and shade tree welcome 🙂

I had to take this corroded Fuse Panel

EAzp4tx.jpg?1

and rebuild it using this...

qzNoyTa.jpg?1

Finished product, my fingers hurt for days.

GiSsfxh.jpg?1

• Like 1

I turn wreches nore than I want to but less than I should. I use to love working on cars for any reason but now not so much. I have a real hard time brining my self to work on these Yukons, everything is so freaking hard to get to, same with the Xtreme S10, total pain in the *ss... The HHR is suprisingly easy though. I hate working on any vehicle with a computer in it, I am old school carb and custom kinda guy. 

Trying teach my kids sh*t is difficult, I blame video games and the internet for that, and myself for not pushing them towards manual work when they were little, when I was a teen my friend an I coud swap engines from car to car before the engine got cold, it's not that way anymore.

On my next to get done list is reworking the starter heat shield on the 91 S10, I got some odds and ends to do the Xtreme, nothing major. Probably get the body off the frame on the 2002 Yukon soon for frame off restomod.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I won’t work on any cars but my own and even that takes a lot of effort. Nearly 30 years of doing this stuff for work means the last thing I want to do on a day off is turn a wrench.  There isn’t much room on these big trucks either. Just bigger parts stuck in harder to reach places.

Since I work on Diesel exclusively I will never own a vehicle powered by one. I know what breaks and how expensive parts and repairs can be. My hats off to anyone brave enough to own a Powerstroked Ford, lol.  Thankfully I work on much bigger engines/trucks. 

Edited by Sinister

4 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I won’t work on any cars but my own and even that takes a lot of effort. Nearly 30 years of doing this stuff for work means the last thing I want to do on a day off is turn a wrench.  There isn’t much room on these big trucks either. Just bigger parts stuck in harder to reach places.

Since I work on Diesel exclusively I will never own a vehicle powered by one. I know what breaks and how expensive parts and repairs can be. My hats off to anyone brave enough to own a Powerstroked Ford, lol.  Thankfully I work on much bigger engines/trucks. 

I've never done any major diesel other than routine maintenace on our the tractors, they are better maintaned than the cars cuz I don't wanna do major diesel work. Kubota makes a good diesel engine though, or at least it seems to be

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

2 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

I've never done any major diesel other than routine maintenace on our the tractors, they are better maintaned than the cars cuz I don't wanna do major diesel work. Kubota makes a good diesel engine though, or at least it seems to be

The engines themselves are pretty easy to work on, especially the big ones. Not a lot of parts inside them but the Torque Specs can be insane. 

I have some engine repairs to post in here still. 

I love working on Allison Transmissions more than anything. Pictures/story of that as well.