Parrots

JustHatched

Seems me and @Paulie have a common interest but anyone is free to chime in

Tell me about this Conure you have Paulie

I currently have an African Grey (will post pic when I take one) but have had a Green Cheek Conure (best of all the birds I have had), Quaker Parrots, c*ckatiels, and Budgies

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Paulie's Parrot is a legend at VANS...

Always interrupting our events if he has something to sqwark about 🐦

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

3 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Paulie's Parrot is a legend at VANS...

Always interrupting our events if he has something to sqwark about 🐦

Until I moved my PS4 to the back of the house my Grey was well known at XDBX

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Coco (my grey) is a d**k. He is typical grey, talks alot and I know experts say they only mimic but I disagree. He can almost carry on a full conversation. But he also knows how to get what he wants by beating on his cage and depending on what area he is making a ton of noise means what he wants (out, food, bath, pet, etc..). If someone knocks on the door he barks more than the dog does.

• Like 2

My missus wants a British Bulldog...I think we are heading in the wrong direction.

I heard Grey's were great mimics Hatch, but that sounds awesome.

Just now, JuniorChubb said:

My missus wants a British Bulldog...I think we are heading in the wrong direction.

I heard Grey's were great mimics Hatch, but that sounds awesome.

If you value peace and quiet in your house then a bird is not the way to go.. Quaker Parrots and c*ckatoos are the worst. You couldn't give me a c*ckatoo. I've had Quakers and the noise they put out is the reason I don't anymore..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hatch said:

If you value peace and quiet in your house then a bird is not the way to go.. Quaker Parrots and c*ckatoos are the worst. You couldn't give me a c*ckatoo. I've had Quakers and the noise they put out is the reason I don't anymore..

Yes but...

If I buy an African Grey and it's chatty it can talk to Mrs Chubb and keep her company when I'm gaming. 😉

All I need to do it teach it to say 'how was your day at work?' and then hours of peace for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a kid I had two budgies named Pip and Bølle (try and pronounce that).:classic_biggrin:

Can't imagine owning birds now. The noice those small f*ckers could make...

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

Lols Chubb. But no I wanted to post earlier but I can tell so much about my crazy feathered friend so I needed a moment 😅

@Hatch Grey's are the godfathers of the bird kingdom to me. My wish is to get one one day but for now I'll stick to a little smaller 😅 I had budgies, a cuckatiel and then a couple conure's. A greencheek male and browncheek female. Now only the greencheek male (green>this can't be a coincidence 😅) flies still around in the house of Paulie. 

I can write a book about this little fella. 

The way birds have their own will is totally different than any other animal. 

And just like your grey @Hatch mine also makes sure he get's what he wants! 😅 It's a little boss but there are also a lot moments he's sweeter than a puppy dog all cudly and looking for a nice rub. Everyday this bird amazes me still.

To explain the 'bird nickin weed' situation a bit 😅 I've given him to much rolling papers, with one paper he has a great party on his own 😂 with just only the paper lols! 😂 so he is used to getting one when he sees me rolling or smoking. On that particular occasion I was gaming and smoking not giving him attention so Mr. Birdman decided to get it for himself. But I had everything there just grinded and ready to roll, then the bird landed there...whoooossshhh. bye bye my nicely grinded herbs 😂😅

Well one more crazy moment of the little birdo. At one moment he was so tame he sat with us outside on the balcony and sometimes even alone flying in and out of the house with no problems. But one time something shooked him probably and the bird was gone. No sign in the neighborhood, nothing. After searching everything around the house and outside I came back inside and thought well let's check the balcony on the back, and miraculously there he was sitting on the balcony like nothing happened. Crazy! He flew away from the balcony at the front so he flew over the entire apartment complex to land on the exact right balcony behind the complex. He's never been there or saw that before he only knew the balcony's itself and never flew over it. I am still mindblown 😅

So many great things about birds and their behavior.

A very funny and recommended thing to watch is the doc*mentary of the Kea's in New Zealand with Mr Attenborough, those birds are just beyond but very hilarious!

Birds are just amazing! 😊

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Paulie said:

Lols Chubb. But no I wanted to post earlier but I can tell so much about my crazy feathered friend so I needed a moment 😅

@Hatch Grey's are the godfathers of the bird kingdom to me. My wish is to get one one day but for now I'll stick to a little smaller 😅 I had budgies, a cuckatiel and then a couple conure's. A greencheek male and browncheek female. Now only the greencheek male (green>this can't be a coincidence 😅) flies still around in the house of Paulie. 

I can write a book about this little fella. 

The way birds have their own will is totally different than any other animal. 

And just like your grey @Hatch mine also makes sure he get's what he wants! 😅 It's a little boss but there are also a lot moments he's sweeter than a puppy dog all cudly and looking for a nice rub. Everyday this bird amazes me still.

To explain the 'bird nickin weed' situation a bit 😅 I've given him to much rolling papers, with one paper he has a great party on his own 😂 with just only the paper lols! 😂 so he is used to getting one when he sees me rolling or smoking. On that particular occasion I was gaming and smoking not giving him attention so Mr. Birdman decided to get it for himself. But I had everything there just grinded and ready to roll, then the bird landed there...whoooossshhh. bye bye my nicely grinded herbs 😂😅

Well one more crazy moment of the little birdo. At one moment he was so tame he sat with us outside on the balcony and sometimes even alone flying in and out of the house with no problems. But one time something shooked him probably and the bird was gone. No sign in the neighborhood, nothing. After searching everything around the house and outside I came back inside and thought well let's check the balcony on the back, and miraculously there he was sitting on the balcony like nothing happened. Crazy! He flew away from the balcony at the front so he flew over the entire apartment complex to land on the exact right balcony behind the complex. He's never been there or saw that before he only knew the balcony's itself and never flew over it. I am still mindblown 😅

So many great things about birds and their behavior.

A very funny and recommended thing to watch is the doc*mentary of the Kea's in New Zealand with Mr Attenborough, those birds are just beyond but very hilarious!

Birds are just amazing! 😊

We use to have 2 Greys, the current plus another. Both were rescues. The one we do not have died, we had her for about 3 years. No clue how old she was, but she had it pretty rough. The home come out of had several German Shepherds that jumped at the cage, she had plucked herself so much from stress that she could no longer grow feathers on her bottom half. It took me awhile to get her to warm up to me, I tried all sorts of treats and toys and one day I gave her a sip of my Mt. Dew and that broke her, she loved me after that.

• Like 1

Wow that's special @Hatch. It's so sad when those beautiful birds are plucking themselves due to stress situations. Very touching to hear how you gained the trust eventually after trying and trying. Patience is key in many occasions with birds. And very nice to see that eventually a bond was made. 

It's a great challenge to get a big parrot feeling home and happy again after living in stressful times. Many people don't dare to try this or take the time and effort for it. Much respect for you @Hatch!

Problem is too many people think oh nice to have a bird for the kids, or a dog, and they forget the work it takes especially for intelligent animals.

The animals suffer, get dumped and have their life's ruined and the people that caused it just carry on. It makes my blood boil!

Luckily there are also a lot of people that have a big heart for the animal kingdom! 😃

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paulie said:

Problem is too many people think oh nice to have a bird for the kids, or a dog, and they forget the work it takes especially for intelligent animals.

Alot of people don't realize how dangerous a large bird can be either, especially a rescue. Kids should not be allowed to get close to close to a large bird. Small birds in their own right can bite pretty hard.

In truth probably my fav birds are Budgies. I don't have any now but I use to have a flock of 14 of them, 8 of them I hatched and hand fed at home. The one bird I haven;t had that I want is a double yellow headed amazon.

This is Coco

20190222_222841.jpg

• Like 2