Football Transfer Window/Speculation

vishesh_91

We are not journalists nor are we player agents,but we definitely are crazy about this game and transfer discussions have always been a hot topic among supporters.

Is your team going after someone with a big reputation?A major player leaving your club?A new manager at your club looking to bring back the glory days?Or is your club satisfied with what they've got?What does the pundit inside you think?Share your thoughts on the transfers of the football world.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vishesh_91

• DavidCore89

• alchemist3321

• juve

I'll start off by talking about a few players that could take us(Arsenal) to the next level.

STR:Balotelli-lots of talk about Wenger being interested in him,would be perfect as first choice striker.

MID:Holding mid needed.Lars Bender has been linked.Haven't seen him play much but have heard good things.

RB:Sagna's gone.Need someone big to replace him.Aurier?Had a good game against Japan but not sure about him.

GK:Anyone who can keep Szczesny on his toes.

Winger:Definitely need someone here with pace to unlock Ozil's potential.Reus and Sanchez have been linked,both are top quality.

Chelsea I feel have done really well till now.Costa and Fabregas done with Filipe Luis' transfer a case of when rather than if.

The summer transfer window is one of my favorite times of the year.

I hate the US media, but the UK rags are tops in creating so much bs to move papers or get web hits. Good talking points, but definitely taken with a grain of salt when I see The Sun, Daily Mail, or The Guardian as the header.

As a United supporter I have no clue as the rags have linked the club to every big name. Thought Luke Shaw would be done by now and the Cavani talk is still there. I'm sure midfield will be upgraded.

I'm sure more will come after the WC.

alchemist3321.jpg

The summer transfer window is one of my favorite times of the year.

I hate the US media, but the UK rags are tops in creating so much bs to move papers or get web hits. Good talking points, but definitely taken with a grain of salt when I see The Sun, Daily Mail, or The Guardian as the header.

As a United supporter I have no clue as the rags have linked the club to every big name. Thought Luke Shaw would be done by now and the Cavani talk is still there. I'm sure midfield will be upgraded.

I'm sure more will come after the WC.

United definitely need a big player in midfield.Fellaini did well against Algeria but only when he played as a striker.Crazy wages being mentioned for Shaw.

I think Fellaini is a dud, big mistake by Moyes to hand over such a huge fee for a player who was unproven on the bigger stage such as the Champions League.

He looked a good player for Everton but he doesn't look so good now he's surrounded by class players and playing in bigger competitions.

Edited by DavidCore89

• 4 weeks later...

Lambert,Emre Can and Lallana to Lievrpool

Suarez to Barca

Sanchez to Arsenal :D

Shaw and Herrera to Man Utd

Fernando,Caballero,Sagna and probably Mangala(looks close to being done) to City

David Luiz to PSG

Thoughts?

Swansea City sign Neymar for £26 and 2 packets of Skittles (regular ones).

What?... The thread title said speculation  :D.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

not a speculation: Antonio Conte, THE manager that brought Juventus back from the dead left the team.

speculation: The decision is probably because of either Vidal or Pogba (or both) is going to another team (MUFC, CFC, R.MADRID, PSG) or because the failure of signing a top striker like Sanchez.

well.. i think if Vidal signed for MUFC. That is a solution for the midfield.

ps: don't mention Moyes to coach Juventus. that is not a speculation, that is a joke

Edited by juve

juventono.jpg

I love the transfer windows, especially as a Premiere League neutral and keen Fantasy Football player. I also like to think I have a decent knowledge on the foreign leagues and it's players.

Currently, my fantasy team going into the new season will look like this...

GK

RB         CB         CB         LB

MID         MID          MID

FWD     FWD     Siem de Jong

Edited by tommyk1985
  • Like 1

a974a96b-8721-4285-baa1-77aaf3069978_zps03669314.png

Here's something unusual for us in the USA. There is a football match between Mexico's Chivas de Guadalajara vs. English Premier League club Swansea City happening in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I know there are a few fans of Swansea City here. This is happening at Miller Park, which is a baseball stadium that is being converted for this match. Reportedly, there is supposed to be a very good turnout for this which goes to show that soccer is starting to become more popular.

• Like 1

kQ4fIRp.png

Here's something unusual for us in the USA. There is a football match between Mexico's Chivas de Guadalajara vs. English Premier League club Swansea City happening in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I know there are a few fans of Swansea City here. This is happening at Miller Park, which is a baseball stadium that is being converted for this match. Reportedly, there is supposed to be a very good turnout for this which goes to show that soccer is starting to become more popular.

Yeah that's a part of Swansea's tour of the US this summer  :).

Good to see the game becoming bigger in the US, some of the scenes during the World Cup were incredible from the US supporters.

Exhibition, but they are trying to do a friendly tourney out of all the exhibition games in some cases.

Nothing serious, just a tune up for the season to start at the end of August.

alchemist3321.jpg

Juve landed Madrid's Morata. and i heard Michu is going on loan to Napoli..

Morata seems to be a future star.

The sad thing for Juve is that he's got a buy-back clause.

no, that is not sad. what sad is morata now injured for 50 days.. at the first day of training he got injured?? :huh:

Edited by juve

juventono.jpg

It's not been a great summer for my team.

Left back Ben Davies to Tottenham in a straight swap for the popular Icelandic attacking midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson (Davies is a personal friend and former teammate of mine when I was being selected for Swansea City under 14's, 15's and 16's when I was growing up and doing well in football, I made the wrong choices after leaving school), although he is a great talent, the £10M value of Sigurdsson is not enough when you consider Arsenal spent £18M on Callum Chambers and Man Utd spent £30M on Luke Shaw, both play left back.

Liverpool lining up a £20M bid for Wilfried Bony after a deal to bring in Loic Remy has failed, Tottenham are also watching closely, he scored 25 goals in his debut Premier League season which is incredible when you consider the poor season we had.

Michu joins Napoli on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent move - yeah I'm disappointed to see him go but his 2 goals in the injury plagued season of last was nowhere near the 18 goals he bagged in his first season, however Michu will always be a local hero.

Some good players have joined, most notably World Cup star Jefferson Montero, Powerful striker Bafotimbi Gomis, keeper Lukas Fabianski and winger Marvin Emnes.

The search is on for a new left back, if one isn't found then we will struggle with only 1 recognized first team left back available.

Manager Gary Monk says "I hope to bring in a few more players, I'll be working closely with the chairman and the board to see what we can do".

Anyway, how have your team done so far during the summer transfer window?

Are you happy with the signings (or lack of signings)?

Are you unhappy with a player leaving or maybe a certain player not joining?

Lets hear it  :).

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

UNEXPEXTED,completely UNEXPECTED.

Knowing Wenger,this has been a pleasant surprise for all Arsenal fans I'm guessing.

Debuchy,Sanchez,Chambers,Ospina-thats 4 players confirmed before August.We're still in for more :D

Lets see what each player brings-

Debuchy-

He was one of the best players at Newcastle last season.How he fits in at Arsenal?Perfectly.

One of our main tactics was to lob the ball to Sagna on the right when we start the attack.Sagna was very good in the air which is why he could play at CB as well.

Debuchy brings the same aerial abiility as Sagna.Not sure if he can fill in at CB.But he's better at attacking than Sagna,defensively Sagna does better I feel.With the signing of Chambers I hope this guy performs consistently.Good overall purchase,has PL experience as well.

Sanchez-

WOW.We all know what he brings to a team.Pacey,decisive,good dribbler,good finisher.He's got everthing needed in a modern day winger.This is the sort of signing which raises team morale and gets the fans excited.He's not a striker.More of a half forward but Wenger has plans to play him through the middle,lets see how it goes.Every big team in Europe wanted him,we got him :D .This one's a brilliant signing.(35 mil seems like we got a great deal)

Chambers-

I don't know much about him as I've never seen him play.But Southampton's academy has produced some top quality PL footballers over the years.From what I've heard/read he can play RB,CM and CB.Lets see what Wenger has in mind for him.He said that he likes to lay RB and I'm guessing thats where he played last season for Southmapton.Spending 16 mil on him was questioned but yeah that's half of what Shaw went for and the transfer fees are rising quickly.Future England international maybe?

Ospina-

One of Colombia's best players in the World Cup.3 mil seems like we got a bargain and he's only 25.I expect him to give Szczesny a hard time for the No.1 spot.

Amongst the departures I think Sagna's position is well covered,so is Fabianski's.

Jenkinson has joined West Ham on loan which is good for his development.

Vermaelen might join Man Utd but Wenger has already said that he'll bring in another defender if he leaves.That'll be interesting.

We've been linked with Quintero from FC Porto over for the last 2 days,he plays as an Attacking Midfielder and is bloody good on the PS3.lol

I dont know much about him,but he's supposed to be one of the best young players in that position.Apparently he tweeted that he was flying to North London for contract talks.Hmm...

• Like 1