Matusware`s Los Santos Diary 10#: I'm Not a Hipster

Matusware

Matusware`s Los Santos Diary

as the new DLC hited the platforms and everybody was drooling and rushing in like lambs i was reading the patch notes and so on, finally i patched my gta and it crashed two times while installing and i had problems with starting closed crew lobby but hey thats online for ya and its normal way how things go on online world, now i must point out that

im ok with DLC and the fixes that they made mainly cause its free and every little content they add is nice thing

now i got that out of my system lets talk about what grinded my gears,

first thing i saw was new weapons...pistol and a knife...really R*..you aint even trying anymore..hey knife is cool thing, we dont have sharp weapons alot in this game so knife was nice addition but pistol..we have more pistols than berretta factory for biscuits sake

then i saw new cars, "awesome" i thought, they actually added something else than the usual super cars, ofc they added bunch of other cars on sale that renders few rare cars to not so rare but hey i was still ok with this, then i checked how much the new cars cost...

and before i go to my point i will quote what i was reading from newswire before i went to check the prices and here what R* has to say:

"affordable cars that seem casual on the surface, but have hidden potential to be unleashed"

..affordable cars..

to me that meant "cheap" cars for "hipsters", i went on the website and what i saw made me facepalm so hard i thought that i will rub my face right off from my skull

i saw 400.000$ price tag on one of the cars, that old car costs more than few super cars or luxury cars in the game, it was ridiculous price tag from R* cause thats not a affordable car, no way, no how, i would be ok if that kind of price tag is in properties or super cars or other luxury cars but it gets bit funny cause that car is more expensive than most of cars in High Life DLC xD,

and the main question that came to my mind: "where is the heists?" (they promised this before gta online)

and: "R* made coveted harder?..why?" (this didnt effect my life not so ever but still..)

but how ever i still think R* made good job on this DLC/patch but i really hope they kick the janitor out of their idea rooms, cause this DLC had good things but it had a bit of poop top of it and only reason i think of why there is some poop is that R* runs out of ideas and they ask janitor about what he thinks..

Edited by Matusware
  • Like 1

I have to disagree with you on this one.... :)

its not a bad thing ^^

im curious ba***** so i wanna know why? or actually i wanna know your point of view  ^^

I think it's the best update so far, it came out of nowhere and brought so much new stuff. The cars were not supers or sports, the clothes/masks/hairstyles are ridiculously funny, the little gameplay tweaks (names on map, garage arrangement etc) were nice too.

My fun (and money) in this game comes from playlists, I haven't done a mission since before the last update, so the altering of coveted (andRR) makes no difference to me. As for heists....I wouldn't care if they never came.

• Like 2

I think it's the best update so far, it came out of nowhere and brought so much new stuff. The cars were not supers or sports, the clothes/masks/hairstyles are ridiculously funny, the little gameplay tweaks (names on map, garage arrangement etc) were nice too.

My fun (and money) in this game comes from playlists, I haven't done a mission since before the last update, so the altering of coveted (andRR) makes no difference to me. As for heists....I wouldn't care if they never came.

well i can agree with you on everything you just posted, i didnt care if they chanced the coveted my main thought was just why :D, i can still do coveted alone so nothing changed ^^

dont get me wrong cars were nice (finally something more than just super cars), weapons were nice, content were nice, but as i pointed out why another pistol and the price tag on one of the cars xD, i could care less but its just seemed funny that some old everyday car costs more than luxury car xD

The prices of stuff in LS has always been crazy, mime face paint is more expensive than some cars.

..and biscuits

• Like 1

I don't think that the price tag for the Pigalle is over the top, seems pretty normal compared to the other Sports Classics imo.

desuno1.jpg

I think I get Matusware, with GTA5 being the best game ever made, (who made a billion dollars off this game in 5 days) you would think they could be more creative, as for me most that hipster stuff is a waste of time, but this is 'escapism' people visit this virtual world to escape their lives for a few hours an be someone else. R* can't please every single player online, but they try to please the majority of the online community. I think the heist jobs is something we all want to see, but if you step back and look at what they are doing, this was a plan from the start, this entire gta5 online experience is new, They have to test the waters, and put out little pieces of candy and see how we react. They know some will gripe, but most people are pleased because they don't have a choice, what are you going to do, just go play watch dogs? No, we'll use what we like, and forget the rest, or fool around and try some of that new stuff, but in my opinion this virtual world is fun to manipulate and meet great people.    

• Like 1

Matus, I always enjoy reading these.

I agree there are too many pistols, but I do like the new car additions.  I'm glad they didn't offer us something uglier and faster than the Zentorno (my apologies to all of you Zentorno fans, but the damned thing looks like a mutant turtle), and was happy to see more classic looking cars, which I happen to love.  Yeah, they aren't cheap, but I actually like this update more than some of the previous ones.  Most of the hipsters who live around here are over-educated trust fund kids, so I don't have any doubt they'd be able to afford some of these cars. :D   The garage position switch and the return of the Sandking is reason enough, but overall, I think they nailed it this time.  I'm learning to live without heists--if they give them to us, it would be interesting to check out, but if not, I probably won't lose any sleep over it.  And if you haven't already, check out the Dubsta 6x6.  It's on par in price with R*'s concept of midrange prices, but it's a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it.

PB, since when do cats eats bisquits?  I can't get mine to touch anything but canned tuna or a very specific brand of dry cat food.  Nah, kidding, but that avatar cracks me up everytime I see it.  :lol:

On another note though--I have noticed something with this update.  I don't know if it is just me, but the cops seem even more agressive and numerous this time around.  It takes a lot of time to escape the three star wanted level after taking on an armored truck, and they seem to spawn in multiple new directions from every angle.  Calling Lester is now almost required if you happen to be driving your PV.  It's insanity, but I have noticed this, and was wondering if others have noticed the same.

Overall though, I like this update a lot.

• Like 2

LN I see that too, I thought it was me, I shot the store clerk and 3 stars popped up, but it took me a minute to really lose them, I switched cars because I thought I was running too slow, lol

• Like 1

LN I see that too, I thought it was me, I shot the store clerk and 3 stars popped up, but it took me a minute to really lose them, I switched cars because I thought I was running too slow, lol

Xyon and I went through multiple cars while trying to escape them day before yesterday.  The wanted level went from three to four rather quickly too and they just would not give up.  Even the choppers were spawning out of left field, and when we lost one, another one would appear just a few feet in front of us.  It's crazy, but when I took on that truck, I was driving a mid-speed sports car, and I had to literally go in every direction and even off-road numerous times.  I'd say it took me more than five minutes to lose the wanted level, whereas in the past it only took less than a minute to two minutes to get away.

• Like 1

I agree there are too many gun options. I think they should let have you pick 2/3 from each category instead of 5 or 6

The new cars are something different which makes for a nice change.

The option to move them around in your garage is great too, except you can't move em from 1 garage to another (my garages are both full)

They fixed the timer on the races so I can see how far behind DC I am again woohoo!

The names on the maps to see who is who is xlnt!

They didn't fix the servers is my only bitch...

I seem to do enough races and crew event between updates (each 3 weeks or so) to pay for what I want each time, so it's nice to be able to continually buy the new things when they come out. :)

I can see some new coupes in the next update ;)

• Like 1

They didn't fix the servers is my only bitch...

as much i like GTA Online i must say that for "few" million dollar game it has one of the worst servers, or well lets say not the worst but lets say weird, well i will give one example: lets say i play Guild Wars 2 and im AFK, in 15min (or so) game will kick me out from server, in GTA when im AFK...or lets say AFC (Away From Controller ;D) game will kick me out of from my *own server* that *im* hosting and it will not kick me out, no it will kick me to the public server and if im standing still it will kick me to another public server XD

• Like 1