Michael Schumacher out of a coma

DavidCore89

For any interested in motorsport or those who knew of his skiing accident last year.

Personally, I love this guy, he's a racing legend and a childhood hero, I remember watching him race every weekend and dominating F1 for years.

Michael Schumacher, the 7 times F1 drivers champion has been moved to another hospital to be closer to his home for visits from his family and it is reported that he can communicate with his wife, he is said to have lost a quarter of his body weight and "a full recovery is unlikely".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10902535/Michael-Schumacher-out-of-coma-live.html

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

The best news I've heard all year!! It's been so quiet about him I was fearing the worst. Then I saw a post on facebook lastnight and it made me smile so big.... Keep fighting Michael!!

• Like 3

The best news I've heard all year!! It's been so quiet about him I was fearing the worst. Then I saw a post on facebook lastnight and it made me smile so big.... Keep fighting Michael!!

Yeah I was happy to hear the news too.

• Like 2

Well this wasn't really a thread for jokes, after all the guy almost died and his family have been through hell.

I accept that this may mean a lot less to many of the members here, maybe I misjudged things by posting this kind of thread.

Feel free to lock or delete.

I liked him as far as a spectator watching F1. He was amazingly good at what he did.

But I'm sorry, I just do not get sucked into this phenomenon of getting emotionally attached to people I don't know because they are famous/celebrities.

Those emotions are reserved for people who actually matter in my life.

I can wish others well, but I'm not going to get grim over something that happens a million times a day to plenty of other people who do not have the benefit of being famous. I dislike the idea that people are supposed to care more for people who are elevated to famous status by television than they are for other strangers.

He is a risk taking type of guy. you have to be in order to race motor vehicles successfully. It isn't called "risk taking" if no one ever got the raw end of the deal. He is very lucky to still be alive, and makes for an interesting story although not exactly shocking, except to those who view their idols as infallible, even if subconsciously.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I could disagree a million times and give another million reasons why IMO your opinion is selfish but we have a GTAO update and I ain't got time  :).

I didn't post this to allow floods of well-wishers or to say a prayer, just an update for those who like motorsport  :).