Why Now Is The Perfect Time To Start Playing Overwatch

LimeGreenLegend

This Tuesday Overwatch will receive its most important update since launch, one that makes this the perfect time to start playing.  

In Overwatch you can choose between three different roles, damage, tank and support, but up until this Tuesday, you could have any combination of the three, so you would often find yourself in a team with five damage dealers and one healer, leading to very frustrating games.  This new update introduces role queue, which means that before you start searching for a game you choose which role you want to play, and the game will sort you into a 2-2-2 team comp, so there will always be two healers, two tanks and two damage dealers, which leads to much more balanced, close and, most importantly, fun games.

You will also get separate skill rankings for each role in competitive mode, which again makes games much more balanced.  For example, I'm a much better healer than I am a damage dealer, before this update, if I picked a damage hero I knew I was bringing my team down, because my rank would be based on my healer stats, but with separate ranks for each role I know if I pick damage, the rest of the team will suck as much as I do :D

This may sound like nonsense, but just know that all of these changes go towards making an already great game even better, and even after getting to level 1000, I'm more excited than ever to play this game, and would like to play it with more of you awesome people :) 

This Tuesday will also see the release of the 31st character in the game, mad Dutch scientist Sigma, who went crazy after accidentally creating a black hole on a space station.

He'll line up alongside a rollerskating Brazilian DJ, a genetically engineered monkey from the moon, and a cyborg ninja in one of the most colourful, diverse, and likeable casts of characters in any game.

All of the characters, new maps and any other updates are all free, and you don't need to grind or level up to unlock any weapons or abilities.  A new player at level 1 will have all the same characters with all the same weapons and abilities as me at level 1013.  There are also a lot of updates, with at least three new characters and maps every year, and regular events throughout the year with special rewards and unlocks.

It's on sale right now in the EU store, so go and find out why I hardly play GTA anymore :D 

overwatch playing GIF

Hopefully this will save my precious endorsement level, as trying to solo tank a team of 4 damage and 1 healer doesn't lend itself well to outstanding performance.

• Haha 1

Just now, punkbish85 said:

I just read up about the 2-2-2 through The Game Haus. I'm excited to see how this changes the gameplay.

All of the videos I've watched about this says it's so much better, games are more competitive and there's a lot less toxicity.  This has been on the public test server on PC for two weeks, and a lot of people have been playing it exclusively because it's so much better than the regular game.

2 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

All of the videos I've watched about this says it's so much better, games are more competitive and there's a lot less toxicity.  This has been on the public test server on PC for two weeks, and a lot of people have been playing it exclusively because it's so much better than the regular game.

Great to hear! 

I will try out to see if its less frustrating for me now... it is a great game, and I am very glad I bought it, but it can be frustrating that is true... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

I will try out to see if its less frustrating for me now... it is a great game, and I am very glad I bought it, but it can be frustrating that is true... 

This update will definitely take away a lot of the frustration.