I made a BIG Capture and...

Dodge

I'm not sure it going to play well. One team start at South Los Santos Port, the other at the shipyard off of Buccaneer Way. The objective is to collect 8 Armored trucks sitting near Procopio Beach. The trucks are guarded by NOOSE Agents who are well armed. The weapons are forced, and cars are placed at the spawn points. Im worried that this is just too long of an ordeal. Thoughts?

Dodgeservice.png

Special event kind of thing probably,

One I am working one has one team by the airport and the other near Paletto Bay

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I read about it, thats what made me say something about mine. It would involve car fights all the way to the north point of the map. I did a test run and It took 10 minutes for me to get there, fight off enough guards to steal the truck, and drive the truck back to base. Just seemed too long. And maybe too boring.

Dodgeservice.png

Mine has packages "hidden" that will require boats, planes, cars, to get. It's meant to be a scavenger hunt more than a battle.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I read about it, thats what made me say something about mine. It would involve car fights all the way to the north point of the map. I did a test run and It took 10 minutes for me to get there, fight off enough guards to steal the truck, and drive the truck back to base. Just seemed too long. And maybe too boring.

Thank you for finally bringing Heists to GTA:O.

Just off the top of my head you can think about narrowing the scope. While it does sound awesome it may have a few problems like you mentioned. The simple solution would just to make it a smaller scale.

Either way this sounds cool and it'd be great for an event setting for sure.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Depends.....

Considering captures are like pulling teeth to fill with more than 5 or 6 people...then it may be too big if you are intending it for just general gameplay for anybody and everybody.

But if this is for a specific group of players like a crew event or H2H's where it is reasonable to expect a fuller, or full, room...then it could play just fine...or not....the devil is in the details. A total disaster can be fixed with one simple change and vice versa.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

That's the thing, because there's no way of testing captures effectively, you'd have to have a scheduled event to get a full lobby. If it doesn't play as expected, you've got 16 unhappy players who possibly wouldn't play it again, even a tweaked version. As Charlie said, you're lucky if you get 6 to join a capture. Most captures need at least 10-12 to work well.

That's the thing, because there's no way of testing captures effectively, you'd have to have a scheduled event to get a full lobby. If it doesn't play as expected, you've got 16 unhappy players who possibly wouldn't play it again, even a tweaked version. As Charlie said, you're lucky if you get 6 to join a capture. Most captures need at least 10-12 to work well.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

I think an official crew capture event would help for those who are serious about wanting to make good captures (although one has to wonder why since almost no one wants to play them in the general game population), but people have to be open to negative-but-constructive criticism and participants who aren't fielding a capture creation of their own have to be willing to spend the time as guinea pigs with the risk that it might not be very fun if a capture plays poorly.

I have basically stopped bothering with trying to create captures that aren't scaled down for 3v3 or 4v4 play....just cant get much more than that to join 99% of the time....I'm not planning to try to make anymore at all until the bugs get resolved either.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I think captures have massive potential, they can have elements of missions and DMs, even racing to a degree. I'd love to see one or two of mine tested with a full lobby, I WANT the criticism so I can improve them. A capture event is a really sound idea, but would it be popular enough?

Yea, and I dont want 16 unhappy people. Im ok with the criticism. To a degree. Nobody like criticism, but when you are running a beta test on a creation, you have to expect it.

Dodgeservice.png

Oink oink. I'm a guinea pig! (yes, I know they don't oink) I think captures are a lot of fun and would like to do more. I'll be willing to try any of them out if there is a set time that I can be on. I don't have a creative enough imagination to create my own but don't mind playtesting for others.

kQ4fIRp.png

I'm always willing to help test if needed.

I like the idea here, would be a shame to completely write it off based on assumption.

I just made a capture today. kinda a remake of one I played before, but this time I turned on cops and added guards at the bases. desert airport hanger is team 1 and the bar across the way is base 2. fib cars for getaway vehicles, SMG and M4 pickups with snipers on rooftops. each base has 4 armed guards with marksmen snipers hidden on patrol :)

yet to test it though

I just made a capture today. kinda a remake of one I played before, but this time I turned on cops and added guards at the bases. desert airport hanger is team 1 and the bar across the way is base 2. fib cars for getaway vehicles, SMG and M4 pickups with snipers on rooftops. each base has 4 armed guards with marksmen snipers hidden on patrol :)

yet to test it though

Just a heads up...maybe save you some time/effort....R* either intentionally changed the way actors respawn or it is bugged, either way if you place someone for example on a rooftop of the sandy shores bar and set them to stationary to guard it....when they get killed and respawn they will not be on that roof anymore. It appears the actors respawn is behaving like players respawn....meaning it looks like they either respawn by the side of the nearest road or if a rood isnt nearby then a certain distance away from enemies. 

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Lots of annoyances in the creator recently eh, HC? It's pretty bothersome. Thankfully the race one still seems good. To me anyway.

But sure Dodge, sounds like it'd be fun.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Lots of annoyances in the creator recently eh, HC? It's pretty bothersome. Thankfully the race one still seems good. To me anyway.

But sure Dodge, sounds like it'd be fun.

Yeah the race creator seems to be issue free, only strange they decided to leave out some of the rarer yet more interesting cars from the available vehicles list (cant set races to Futo's only or Rat-loaders only for example, there are others missing).

DM creator is good except for this new respawn point bug which is a MAJOR pain in the ass, seriously time-consuming.

Capture creator, zones dont seem to work 100% right, actor respawn is borked, actor editing is bugged/time-consuming, the player respawn bubbles are very limiting, the actors don't actually do what they are supposed to do (stationary, stay in their range)...BUT so long as your player respawn areas and actors aren't key components to the capture then you can work around the issues. "Big" captures tend to be less reliant on these two areas. Unfortunately I have been making mostly small or less than big captures lol. So I've quit fooling with new captures for now....plus almost no one wants to play them anyway. I wish they would make the 2x payouts permanent for them.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...