Final Fantasy VII Remake

LimeGreenLegend

I've just finished watching all of the Final Fantasy VII Remake coverage from Square Enix's E3 conference and I am beyond hyped.  The original is my favourite game of all time, and the reason why I love video games.  This is a 100 hour game that I've completed at least 10 times in the 22 years since it was released, the entire soundtrack is seared into my memory forever.  When I first saw the opening cutscene on Christmas Day 1997, my tiny, ten year old mind was blown.

The remake, which is going to be released March 2020, is going to cover only the Midgar (the main city of the game) section, which is only about the first 10 percent of the entire game, and this is going to be enough to fill up two bluray discs!  Hopefully there isn't a long wait between instalments.  Anyway, this is what the game looks like now.

And here is the entire presentation from E3.

There is genuinely no other game that could get me anymore excited than this one.  I'm just counting down the days now...

• Like 1

yes yes YES !!!! 

Fantastic game ! I'm concerned about the "only Midgard" part. I hope the rest is released soon after cause it needs to be experienced in full without interuption ! 

If I didn't have a wife or kid I would be replaying it right now :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

yes yes YES !!!! 

Fantastic game ! I'm concerned about the "only Midgard" part. I hope the rest is released soon after cause it needs to be experienced in full without interuption ! 

If I didn't have a wife or kid I would be replaying it right now :D 

I only need one trophy for the platinum, but I need to start a new game to get it.  This hype has me wanting to replay it again just for that :D 

• Like 1