Google Stadia Connect E3 2019 presentation

Coming to Australia when they fix their internet, 2046.

It's cool tech, but like the above video says, I don't know who it's for.  It looks like cutting edge, state of the art streaming technology being used for casual/mobile gamers.  I wouldn't buy one if I couldn't get the highest quality streaming, which is at 100mbps, currently I'm getting 56.

It will likely be a big seller at launch, but I can see it dropping off very quickly if it can't deliver on its promises.  

• Like 1

There is demand for this kind of thing but there is no technical infrastructure for this kind of thing yet. 

I pre-ordered one.

Won't play it at launch, the games line up is not that good.

I'll keep it boxed until decent games come along, or it fails miserably and I'll put it with my collection of other consoles.

£119 is cheap, the pro subscription is a waste of time at this point with only 1 free game.

Yeah Google have been saying from about January of this year that they have up to 7500 Network Nodes ready across the world to support it & Australia probably doesn't have even one Haha internet networking is what Google does well, that's why console users always use their 8.8.8.8 DNS server. I did not hear of any new Nodes so I assume they are not adding any at this time, so the infastructucture is there but with a 70ms lagg, mines personally sits at a constant 65ms when gaming with the Americans which isn't noticable at all, & across Battlefield & Fortnite where the option is available to display network performance gives the same results.

Anyways all jokes aside Australia needs to get up to the times faster, as it relates internet speed, I still play with some Aussies & there is a schedule to update their internet in segments via different locations still ongoing.

I believe the Chromecast Ultra is basically out almost 3 years now, & they are still selling it for damn near the  same msrp? ha! Overall they are giving you about USD$300 of value for usd$130, thats pretty cheap or just buy the controller for USD$70 if you already own a Chromecast device that meets the requirements. 

4e9WPPx.jpg

Edited by Smurf

Isn't Destiny 2 slated to be free to play further on down in the year? Oh well, at least you won't be paying for something like an extra PS Plus or worry about hard drive space or getting an external one, but I don't think you would have something like a sharefactory unless they going to stream that as well in the future.

43 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Isn't Destiny 2 slated to be free to play further on down in the year? Oh well, at least you won't be paying for something like an extra PS Plus or worry about hard drive space or getting an external one, but I don't think you would have something like a sharefactory unless they going to stream that as well in the future.

I think that's the free launch game with pro sub.

It's effectively a rental console in the cloud, all you ever own is the controller, Chromecast and any games purchased. No internet, no games.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I think that's the free launch game with pro sub.

It's effectively a rental console in the cloud, all you ever own is the controller, Chromecast and any games purchased. No internet, no games.

Exactly. And if you don't care about any of their offerings, really people can just buy the Chromecast Ultra cheap off ebay & a $40 Xbox controller and spend about $105 or less. It's almost as if the three free months is a buffer waiting until the basic version is actually ready, good strategy if that's the case.

Edited by Smurf