My theory on racing.

ssracingn2

That is an embarrassing video of me on a dirt track the second night in that type of car.  I am the 01 finished 6th way off the pace. You do not see a lot of my car because it is not my video.

Overall that year I finished 8th in the standing out of the 17 regular cars.

1. The best advise I can give the racers looking to improve is stay out of the accidents by giving a little extra room to people and not forcing the issue. Leave yourself an "out"  and wait for a good spot to pass so if trouble starts happening you can try to avoid it. 15 cars started that race and 6 finished.

2. I can tell you is this learn the tracks most often used.  Try different lines around the tracks while learning them and find the best line that fits your driving style, you may not always be able to use it when getting passed or passing but after the passing is done you can get back on your line.  

3. Sometimes patience is the key.  Don't try to pass people in tight areas because unless they give up the spot more than likely your going to wreck the both of you and eventually passing for whatever is position is better than wrecking and not finishing or finishing further back.

4. Learn the cars and how they handle.  Nothing can be more important than that.  My second garage is just my racing cars and I don't usually waver from those in races.  This is important because you know your cars limitations and don't push it to hard.  Certain areas of tracks have areas where slower is really faster. I know it sounds weird but it is true. 

5. Never drive over your skill level I know its tempting to push a little harder than you and the car can go don't do it. See number 1 for why.

6. Listen to people better than you. I can't count the times in real life and the pixel life we call video games people have helped me improve. As  many  people have told me when I was racing you learn more with your mouth shut and ears open then the other way around. If someone is giving advise on a particular track listen you might pick something up you didn't know.

7. Never give up. You will get better the more you do it and while getting better remember to have fun. While it is more fun to win remember to celebrate the small victories. My goal in racing both RL and Video games is to set small goals, in a full lobby finish top 10 with the A List drivers we have. Next time at the track I and same people are there bump it to 8th and set little achievable goals until you can win.  (Believe it or not REV, DC, FIDO, G37, RUMDIG, and DODGE CAN BE BEATEN.)

8. You don't need the fastest can to win a smooth driving line, accident avoidance, and a car you can handle is always better. For the people that don't believe me I finished 8th overall with a 360CI engine and old tires that had less grip where some of the cars behind me had more money in the motor and tires then I had in the entire car. I am not saying I was better than them at driving because I don't know if I am or not. However I followed these simple guild lines and I did just fine, also luck is a big factor in racing.

9. Have fun with the people you are with and it will keep you coming back and it will get easier. 

I know there are other topics like this and the great mods will move it I am fine with that.

I hope to see everybody in a GTA race someday and remember to go to your local races and you just might see a star of tomorrow.

Edited by ssracingn2
  • Like 4

7. Never give up. You will get better the more you do it and while getting better remember to have fun. While it is more fun to win remember to celebrate the small victories. My goal in racing both RL and Video games is to set small goals, in a full lobby finish top 10 with the A List drivers we have. Next time at the track I and same people are there bump it to 8th and set little achievable goals until you can win.  (Believe it or not REV, DC, FIDO, G37, RUMDIG, and DODGE CAN BE BEATEN.)

Um... Dodge gets beaten regularly. You should put Desuno on there in my place.

Edited by dodgeservice
  • Like 3

Dodgeservice.png

Cool video, I thought you raced motorcycles  :).

Those engines sound powerful and drifting them on dirt so close together is such a hard skill, I've never understood the oval racetracks though  :lol:.

Is every track oval in that race series?

They have similar racing to this in the UK, with cars and motorcycles, it's become quite popular over the past few years but not as popular as in the US.

Good job on the overall standings as well, 8th out of 16 racers is a good achievement, especially when you consider the money put into some of the other cars and the leaders of this particular race look as though they have been doing this many years.

Cool tips as well, worth a read for anyone looking to learn a thing or two from a real life racer.

Edited by DavidCore89

Around 700 horses and run about 13 seconds on the 1/4 mile dirt track. Yes that particular series is all ovals. My unofficial best lap was a 13.7 I think later in the year after I understood the handling of the car.

I would love to drive a road course race one day. However with my age I will never get the chance.

I will leave this note money talks. The cost of the better motor in the class was $10,00 tires was $125.00 a piece. The fastest way to become a millionaire in racing is start off a billionaire.

• Like 1

Around 700 horses and run about 13 seconds on the 1/4 mile dirt track. Yes that particular series is all ovals. My unofficial best lap was a 13.7 I think later in the year after I understood the handling of the car.

I would love to drive a road course race one day. However with my age I will never get the chance.

I will leave this note money talks. The cost of the better motor in the class was $10,00 tires was $125.00 a piece. The fastest way to become a millionaire in racing is start off a billionaire.

I see that a lot in US motor racing, money talks, it should be equal cars IMO.

I think that is kinda blocking the path for kids from poorer US communities to get into racing from young, whether it be karts or whatever, you've gotta be rich so it seems.  

I don't think I've driven a car with more than 200BHP so I'd never control those machines  :)