watch dogs

shadowvan

for anyone wondering, i picked it up wed afternoon, it is now friday and i am getting bored with it already. first experience was great, loved the hacking deal but the online mode really hit my short fuse. 2-4 players, being the races. driving is horrible. i knew it wouldnt be great, but i did not expect to have to control the camera while turning.

online mode is like hide and seek. someone jumps into your free roam while moving to next story mission and begins to hack you. you try to find the hacker before their download is complete kill them and you win. its quite boring actually...

gta is better

i dont think bad is a good enough way to put it. i expected bad...it was worse. didnt mind the car damage, but control/camera is awful. most fun i had was the spider tank. that thing is a psn release of itself. i was singin 'spider tank' while climbing the buildings and jumping around the city. minigun/rocket spider tank that moves like a spider. got really choppy when i hit around mission 10 or so. thought it was gonna freeze by final level.

its worth a borrow, but gets repetative after 6hrs or so. im still in act 1 w/ 200k in bank, all guns, 75% max upgrade, all songs downloaded, all side missions identified and all uniforms unlocked.

hacking npc with rich bank account lands me 6-9k and street npcs gimmie around 1k. hate driving so much i run to next waypoint if its within the city zone or ill jump the train/fast travel. borrow it and play...dont buy. ubisoft disappoints me with it :( such high hopes.

ps3 version. ps4 has 8 player free roam and a tdm mode. the 4 could be better, but the 3 is upsetting. got no voice on the 4 as i have not played personally. i wont be getting it when i upgrade to 4.

Me either...I was going to buy one in December but will not until there is a game worthy of buying a PS4.

high hopes for next lotr game - shadow of mordor

seems worthy, but think a ps3 release also. revenge system, plus ima big lotr fan lol

i was gonna upgrade to 4 last week, until i happened to look at my tires. one was down past the cord into the wire and was about to blow. rear had a nail and another patchy. dropped 470 on tires and they didnt even do an alignment check... free alignment check, if youre willing to pay for the fix. if not, then they wont do it. wish i could do stuff like that...free beer! until you have to piss it out, then you owe me $4

RDR was really good. gta wild west style. last time i played r* servers wouldnt stay up. been a while since i put it in. AC 1-rvelations good too. sniper elite v2 pretty fun on coop. i got quite a few, some ill prob sell this weekend though

I played RDR and MP3...mainly because IV was crippled by modders and hackers and Rockstar did nothing to fix it.

Seems like it has a great SP experience (story lacking sadly) but suffers in the online department. Oh well, just something else that was overhyped and of course didn't live up to it. Seemed like fun though.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I am glad I read this topic I was considering getting it!

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

Ill admit the game isnt going to match up to gta but its a great change of pace of a game with a pretty good storyline. The game reminds me of The Last of Us during combat where u can go stealth or guns ablazing. I like the game and it has its flaws but i would buy it all over again if i had to

I've seen similar complaints about Watch Dogs in other threads, about the bad driving. The way you described it sounds the same as GTA 4, and it frustrated the sh!t outta me. Really hated it actually, to the point I didn't even finish the game. Was my biggest complaint with the game was trying to manuever the camera around while driving. It really sucked. But back to Watch Dogs, I heard it's pretty buggy still too. Was thinking about grabbing a copy but think I'll hold off for awhile now instead.

Warner has it and says he loves SP and hates MP...When you compare it to V it fails IMO...no customization...cannot shoot while driving...no minigun!!!