Invite only lobby, effect on playlist?

Lann

Does starting a playlist from a invite only lobby makes it harder to rejoin the playlist if disconnected?

And, can someone invited, once in the freeroam lobby, invite others to the lobby (not playlist)?

Paste and copy from the shout box: 

In that case I believe you would need an invite if kicked. A crew lobby I think is different but only accommodates up to four crews.

Wish I had an answer. I havent hosted an invite only lobby in years, cant remember 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

If players are disconnected from an Invite only lobby then they will need a new invite to rejoin, this is the only negative of invite lobbies.

Launching from an Invite lobby also stops anyone who is not invited from joining jobs/playlists too, which is a big plus IMO.

I also use Matchmaking <closed> in job settings. You can also set Client Invites to 'Off' and this will stop joined players inviting their friends to join too.

I do not know if launching from an Invite only lobby decreases disconnections though.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

A crew lobby would be much easier for disconnects, but with such a spread of us coming out tonight I don't think it would work.

An invite lobby needs to be actively managed to make sure everyone is in and that disconnects can get back in during the tiny time window between jobs.

If client invites is set to open presumably this means the crewmates of anyone disconnected could invite them back? That would be much simpler to manage so long as no-one abused it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

If client invites is set to open presumably this means the crewmates of anyone disconnected could invite them back? That would be much simpler to manage so long as no-one abused it.

Yes, that’s exactly how it would work and as you said simpler as long as it’s not abused.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?