Sayonara, Gran Turismo 5

handcuff_charlie

Well I bought this game along with SOCOM4 (which was an awesome game in online play) when I bought my PS3 in 2010-2011 soon after moving to Germany and not having a whole lot to do with my free time after my sportscar went down.

SOCOM died officially in January, and Gran Turismo is going to be officially dead this Saturday Night. I just got done with the Finale online challenge in case I end up changing my mind and trying GT6 and want the bonus cars, whatever they are.

Figured I'd share some of the cooler moments snapped from my GT5 gameplay, enjoy.

NuumlrburgringNordschleife_3_zps7d241e0f

ToscanaTarmac_1_zps73411bf9.jpg

CapeRingNorth_1_zpseb00d70e.jpg

Rome_zps94d9b20a.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_zpsa4afbf82.jpg

Drifting an Enzo well takes a LOT of practice....

NuumlrburgringTypeV_1_zpse3375e4d.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6_zps5ab52886

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed with GT6. Maybe it's just me, but I would have liked them to add some real collision damage instead of "bumber cars", and the engine sounds are a bit depressing. Other than that, it's beautiful.

• Like 1

Those pics all look stunning. I have GT5 but didn't really enjoy it the way I'd enjoyed previous incarnations (especially the one with the disc that smelled of burning rubber)

I'm a bit disappointed with GT6. Maybe it's just me, but I would have liked them to add some real collision damage instead of "bumber cars", and the engine sounds are a bit depressing. Other than that, it's beautiful.

Agreed, I was disappointed with the lack of damage.

The cars all make the same dumb sound when they hit something.

I've lived off of the GT series for racing for over a decade now. Its always sad when one of those games comes to an end.

Dodgeservice.png

You're not supposed to be crashing the cars! I leave damage turned off where possible anyway. I'd rather they spend the time effort necessary to make totally accurate damage into updating the car list and including a TON of cars that are missing in hi-res renderings and none of those low-res models.

They also need to hire more/better American designers/consultants. Their American car list is clearly selected by japanese with extremely limited knowledge of the American market....No Mosler? No Falcon? No Factory Five? No Panoz (despite having the racecar in the game)? Saleen update please? No Fiero? No Fox-bodies? The "classic" muscle car list wa sdecent but almost all were low-res, ugh.

Anyway, enough gripes, more pics!

NuumlrburgringNordschleife_12_zpsc7802f6

NuumlrburgringNordschleife_6_zps27a88e19

Ahrweiler-TownSquare_zps5f3db9c0.jpg

SpecialStageRouteX_zps787fb062.jpg

London_zps0c339210.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_D_zpsc6996b96.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1_zps57d19064.jp

AhrweilerGate_zpsba2ca356.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge_1_zps74305c19.jpg

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg