Apex Legends Free to Play

Smurf

I had fun playing this new free to play, Battle Royal game & could immediately tell I would most likely enjoy it because of what it brings to mind. Each Legend have their unique tactical ability that might be useful at pivital times though I didn't respect it initially until encountering the enemy using them effectively against me.

You drop in as a member in a squad of three into the game as one member control where we land in synchrony or we can branch of mid flight & land wherever. I could pick up guns, health, armor, shield, grenades, bullets, scopes, extended magazines, stocks, compensators, missiles strike & gun barrel. The menu system was easy & simple to navigate except for health & grenade, Searching the backpack great along with the really good gun mechanics & point blank attaching of accessories.

It has remnants of PubG, Overwatch, Palidins & dare I say COD BO4 but polished. If you die our squad member can pick up your card & necromance your @$$ back to life without weapons.

Edited by Smurf

tried it yesterday and won with a buddy on the first try, obvs I'm in love

but besides that it's just soooo polished, I know how unbelievable it is to say these days, but the game is just a solid game with great emphasis on team work and composition, smooth movement (especially pathfinder's grapple hook) and the usual spot-on shooting mechanics as per usual with Respawn..... and no bugs that really jumped at me after an evening of playing it.

count me in if you want to get a team going!

I’m going nowhere near it. Still botcotting EA games especially those based around micro transactions. 

Its quite amazing seeing how fickle gamers are. Everyone was hating EA last week for cancelling yet another Star Wars game and now everyone can’t get enough of their latest game which even though is free to play is going to make an absolutely obscene amount of money for them due to the added extras. 

its EA? I downloaded it, but haven´t played it yet.... maybe I won´t...

On the other hand, if those microtransactions are cosmetic based only, I think we should encourage EA that that is the way to go!!

Edited by Spinnaker1981

2 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

its EA? I downloaded it, but haven´t played it yet.... maybe I won´t...

On the other hand, if those microtransactions are cosmetic based only, I think we should encourage EA that that is the way to go!!

My problem is that games are frequently being designed around squeezing as much money from gamers as possible rather than making the best gameplay possible. EA themselves have said they can make a profit without microtransactions in their games, the only reason they are there is purely for greed. 

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

My problem is that games are frequently being designed around squeezing as much money from gamers as possible rather than making the best gameplay possible. EA themselves have said they can make a profit without microtransactions in their games, the only reason they are there is purely for greed. 

Squirrel, if you could make a lot  more money with 1 product, without losing costumer base, you wouldn´t?

20 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I’m going nowhere near it. Still botcotting EA games especially those based around micro transactions. 

I totally get your stance but this the wrong game to boycott since EA didn't do anything to the game. Respawn CEO did say that EA had no influence over the design and you can tell that on every step - they have put all effort into making a solid game with little marketing budget and you still got 10 million playing it in 3 days. There will be a season pass for extra goodies but you are rewarded with good amount of currencies, regularly get boxes (which list % by default) and even crafting materials so you can make the actual skin / outfit you like instead of relying on chance. As far as microtransactios it's one of the better implementations out there (plus it's free!)

Edited by AlCohonez

Well, after researching a bit, EA has very little to do with this game, they are the publisher, but not the developers of the game. The game is mainly from the same guys that made COD:MW and Titanfall. And it is a good game that is not pay to win, as of now... I hope it succeeds so EA cas see that it is possible to make money without being PPW like Battlefront II and other installments.

@Squirrel Respawn Entertainment had a major hand in developing this game. I'm sure they'll be things to purchase but EA had little to do with it so far. Game publisher I believe you should really stay away from, would be in my opinion, Wildcard studios. Cursing out gamers when they ask about bug fixes & DLC on their social media platforms is ridiculous and I don't even believe they solve much issues to date. Battlestate Games have yet to pay their developers one dime since the release of the game Escape from Tarkov (PC Game). You'll notice it's not on steam anymore due to a pending law suit. I had a hunch of Happy Games hustle & how it would play out for No Man's Sky, & that the 2nd version would actually be the game they wanted to create but ? was lacking & something had to be published.

@Spinnaker1981 I saw you on a couple hrs ago but I was about to head off the PS4