Effects of Eating (Overweight vs Underweight) and proper clothing (Stats)

JustHatched

Note that the  rates were got with using the correct clothing for the temperature. 

I started as underweight and ate 1 Prime Beef waited 5 minutes and switched lobby and repeat to gain weight. Weight is gained and lost in .75% increments.

Underweight gives you from -7.5% to -5.25% Stamina Drain Rate and +7.5% to +5.25% Damage Absorption depending on how underweight you are (7.5% being a the lowest weight). Also gives you a 125% Core Drain Rate.

Average (leaning to underweight side)  gives you -4.5% to  -.75% Stamina Drain Rate and +4.5% to +.75% Damage Absorption depending on how close to underweight you are. Also gives you a 100% Core Drain Rate.

Perfect gives you a 0% Stamina Drain Rate and 0% Damage Absorption. Also gives you an 85% Core Drain Rate.

Average (leaning to the overweight side) gives you a +.75%  to +4.5% Stamina Drain Rate and -.75% to  -4.5% Damage Absorption depending on how close to overweight you are. Also give you a 100% Core Drain Rate.

Overweight gives you a +5.25% to +7.5% Stamina Drain Rate and -5.25% to -7.5% Damage Absorption depending on how overweight you are (7.5% being at maximum weight). Also gives you a 125% Core Drain Rate.

Clothing 

If you are wearing the correct clothing (Fair temperature for your toon) you get a All Cores Drain Rate of 0%. If your toon is Hot or Cold you will get a All Cores Drain Rate of +900%

This post has been promoted to an article

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I haven't really noticed any differences; that's not to say they're aren't any but they certainly do not make a clearly noticeable effect on me and what I do in-game (hunting, fishing, stranger missions, clearing outlaw camps). I guess stamina may not effect me since I'm on my horse most of the time or not moving about much when on foot.  At first I was always underweight because I forgot to eat but now I make a point of eating every time I log in and after a mission, also when buying / cooking food to stock up I eat a lot just to kind of top up. This seems to be keeping me as average now. I may make an effort to become overweight just to see if that makes a noticeable difference.

Edited by djw180

Well I think on story mode and might be a bit glitch doesn't update itself too well accurately what I do is save my game then go to exit game so you go to options when you load the game of story mode and online then did reload your game together update

But online I'm pretty much perfect all the time

Haven't noticed much of a difference for the same reasons.

I do try to maintain weight though. When wanting to get my weight back up, I go to one of my farm spots that has can goods and some other valuable object/s.  I will respawn at that site until health is back up and/or enough valuables. I almost always have plenty of herbs to cook food and craft tonics. The  two story outpost with tower is a great spot. Once I have my weight back up and packed with full gun oil, I use the campfire to craft and cook.

I usually have my satchel full of can goods and most game with them maxed out with every recipe. Animal and herb hunting go together hand in hand.

In this game, to be truly effective, you can't just do one thing at a time in free roam.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

I prefer the extra health but try to keep it average. No clue how it all works.

After playing a bunch of showdowns where I ate 10 venison throughout, my weight was perfect when I returned to free roam. Never seen that before. Doesn't seem to come with any perks which I find kind of weird. Why have it there if it's no different from average? 

DwfBJGpW0AAqR1h.jpg:large

Edited by Banketelli

I err on the side of more health. Being fatter doesn't make you run slower, so no big deal. It does make your clothes look a little funny though.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:13 AM, Banketelli said:

I prefer the extra health but try to keep it average. No clue how it all works.

After playing a bunch of showdowns where I ate 10 venison throughout, my weight was perfect when I returned to free roam. Never seen that before. Doesn't seem to come with any perks which I find kind of weird. Why have it there if it's no different from average? 

DwfBJGpW0AAqR1h.jpg:large

Can you check what the Health, Stamina and Dead Eye tabs show for Core Drain Rate with that perfect health?

Edited the OP with underwieght stats and @Banketelli perfect weight stats

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Nevermind to my above post @Banketelli

I loaded the game and stuck with eating and doing what was needed to get weight on my toon. I edited and retitled the OP to show the stats

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 3:54 AM, Hatch said:

Nevermind to my above post @Banketelli

I loaded the game and stuck with eating and doing what was needed to get weight on my toon. I edited and retitled the OP to show the stats

Cool. Great overview. So perfect actually does make a difference. Just assumed average gave 0% Stamina Drain Rate and 0% Damage Absorption as well. Had no idea it was split into leaning towards underweight or overweight.

2 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Cool. Great overview. So perfect actually does make a difference. Just assumed average gave 0% Stamina Drain Rate and 0% Damage Absorption as well. Had no idea it was split into leaning towards underweight or overweight.

Yeah, and if you figure the 15% difference in being fully underweight to fully overweight that is quite a bit in damage absorption for combat jobs

Well, at that time there was no such thing as weight watchers (thank god) but men were fighting, hunting, robbing, riding horses on long distance and as we all know, when riding a horse you have to go along with the movements of the horse.

All in all, lots of fat burning as an outlaw! How is it possible to gain that much weight? Except from exaggerated eating??