Regarding Online Weapons

pete_95973

@Banketelli I just your shout about weapons and I wanted to ask you some questions and thought I would move it here.

What weapons are you getting first, what order etc?  I am still trying to figure out the best for the combat modes.  I have been using my carbine for anything but close distance where then transfer to pump shotgun.  Are you using the pistols/revolvers at all?  At what point?  On reddit someone was saying the varmit rifle was secretly useful because although the caliber and damage is less it is easier to get head shots with it.

What are you trying to save up for next?  You said you bought the Bolt?  What comes after that?  Will you prioritize modifications first or another weapon?  Is it true that you can put a scope on it and snipe?

Lets have a weapons tutorial here LOL.  You are one of the best at combat in GTA and seem to know what you are doing here so I that is why I put you on the spot.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

36 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

@Banketelli I just your shout about weapons and I wanted to ask you some questions and thought I would move it here.

What weapons are you getting first, what order etc?  I am still trying to figure out the best for the combat modes.  I have been using my carbine for anything but close distance where then transfer to pump shotgun.  Are you using the pistols/revolvers at all?  At what point?  On reddit someone was saying the varmit rifle was secretly useful because although the caliber and damage is less it is easier to get head shots with it.

What are you trying to save up for next?  You said you bought the Bolt?  What comes after that?  Will you prioritize modifications first or another weapon?  Is it true that you can put a scope on it and snipe?

Lets have a weapons tutorial here LOL.  You are one of the best at combat in GTA and seem to know what you are doing here so I that is why I put you on the spot.

The Bolt was an easy buy. The price is decent, it's the best rifle (not counting the snipers) and you gotta get something better than the Carbine for medium-long range. With a scope on it, it works fine as a sniper as well. Skipping the Rolling Block and will grab the Carcano when level 50.

The Pump shotgun will do for now, just upgraded it, will skip the Semi-auto and get the Repeating shotgun once I hit level 42.

Not really using sidearms. Rather stick with the rifle or switch to the shotgun. But that might change once I get a hold of the Semi-auto pistol. Unlocks in a few levels so that will probably be the next thing I save up for. Might have to look a bit closer but going of the in-game catalog, it looks better than the Mauser which also first unlocks at level 34. The Mauser is only best in damage, range is the same while fire rate, reload and accuracy all favors the Semi-auto. 

Have upgraded the Bolt and the Pump. Once I get the pistol, I'll upgrade that as well and then save up for the Repeating+upgrades and then the Carcano.

Haven't heard about the headshots with the bunny rifle. Will have to check it out. When I have used it in combat it has been accidents where I have mistaking it for the shotgun so have just firing quick shots at the body. Not very effective.?

Oh, also got the bow. Mandatory.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Thanks 2

Varment rifle can be very powerful if you have the headshot mechanics down, so probably more useful against AI so far I would have thought. But the combination of high capacity with low recoil is definitely a better early game option for long range combat, at least until the bolt action rifle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

right now it appears the meta is bolt action + pump shotgun. having purchased both i can confirm that my kill count noticeably increased when i started using them in most wanted ect. the varmint rifle is oddly also a good pvp chioice, it has a slightly faster zoom so you can potentially headshot quicker than than an opponent with a repeater or rifle..

money wise theres 2 main ways im farming right now :

1 - 

I've found this to be quite handy, pretty much what allowed me to buy most guns. this 1 is also for people who want to keep there good reputation.

the 2nd method i use is, going to valentine and killing + selling all the livestock in the pens around the town. just keep killing and skinning them and put one carcass on your horse and carry one to the butcher. theres a few pens where you will be more likely to get seen by npc's, the ones closest to the post office and in the livestock market should be avoided unless ur doing this in a group.  the downsides of this method are ;  you get negative reputation for  slaughtering livestock, if you leave the area of the livestock the animals will despawn and griefers are rampant around there.

what horses are people currently using? what horse is worth the money investment ?

• Like 1

Competitive Thursday, TDM madness 8pm GMT

I recently equipped the scope on the bolt action rifle and it has already come in handy in PVP a couple of times.  Its range of view is not near what the sniper is but for people slightly out of lock on range it could provide very useful.  Also to get a better look at where someone is.  Here are two examples, one in a deathmatch and one in a free roam battle.

Edit: this should maybe be in the combat tips thread? Can someone with the power move it there? @Banketelli @Lann@DavidCore89@Hatch

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 2:35 PM, The_Lady_A said:

Varment rifle can be very powerful if you have the headshot mechanics down, so probably more useful against AI so far I would have thought. But the combination of high capacity with low recoil is definitely a better early game option for long range combat, at least until the bolt action rifle.

I have GOT to get better with this weapon! I got my butt owned today.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!