BBQ Smokers

D-Rocks

1 hour ago, D-Rocks said:

Who owns one and what brand do you recommend? I got my Christmas bonus from work.

We have one, I'll try to remember to see what brand it is tomorrow. Works great

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Best smoker!

Oklahoma Joe 992 sq. in. Bandera Smoker

I currently own this one. I had the original model made by New Braunfels Smoker back in the middle 90s.  I gave it to the owner of the car I crew chiefed for out in Phoenix when I left in 2011.

I've modded this one slightly by putting flat rope gasket on the lit and door to totally seal it and High temp, NOT BBQ paint, on exterior of fire and smoker box..

It's also a grill at the firebox. You can smoke massive amounts of meat with this thing.

I smoked two racks of ribs and a big ham today and it looked empty! Only downside I can see is that with the smoking chamber size, you will go thru  what seems like lots of charcoal . I load mine up with lots of charcoal and wood and just regulate the temp with the vents.  Once set,it can go for three hours without adding anything. Just don't open the door very often, only at the time to add coal or wood. Pretty effortless  smoker that cooks very evenly

https://www.oklahomajoes.com/smokers/bandera.html

I got this last one at Wally World and it must have been on sale. I got it for less than $200.

ON SALE!!!!!!!!!

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/char-broil-oklahoma-joes-bandera-vertical-offset-smoker#repChildCatid=6071001?utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bing%20shopping&utm_content=Sports+And+Leisure+Bbq/grills/smokers+Smokers&utm_term=116963221&utm_source=bing

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!