How are you making money?

JustHatched

If mostly been doing the shit paying missions for XP. Gonna do some hunting over the next few days

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Mostly combat jobs and races.  Done a few missions.  Some pay okay.  $15 for a most wanted win that only took five to seven minutes was my most efficient moment so far!  But winning is tough I have only won once out of five or 6 matches.  If you win a race you get some decent money and the only take three or four minutes.

Did unlock a treasure map that I will check out next.

I am curious if hunting will be profitable.  @The_Lady_A and @Sinister made some positive comments about it in the shoutbox.  Definitely worth exploring.

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Hunting deer and selling the carcasses for 10$.

Also the livestock in towns. Easy to go back and forth from the butcher to sell. Carcasses sell more than individual pelts.

Also when i can get the fishing rod i am going to fish in flat iron lake for steelhead, they sell for 4$ a pop, and you can carry 10. Will buy the lake lure for 1 gold bar to skip rank req.

• Like 3

Hunting, combat jobs and story missions. They pay better and better. I'm at 75% and the last mission paid more than $200. Of course, only the first time. Replayed it and got 6 bucks.

• Like 2

7$ for good quality and 10$ for perfect. Skin what you can't carry like the small animals.

I suggest stealing a horse and using that to carry more hides and one more carcass!

Ride the stolen horse though so you can whistle for your active horse to follow.

Edited by Wulfherth
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Been mainly doing combat missions for money. Good time, $5-12 per round + gold nuggets. Keep trying to hunt but I keep screwing up my kills (ugg). I need a bow for them deer. 

....and is it bad that I don't know how to fish? Never got there in story mode (last month was super busy). Any tips (like, teach me like a noob) would be greatly appreciated. 

CDpIRad.jpg

Hunting isn't that time efficient really, I do suspect that grinding the jobs will be a more effective way to do it. Hunting also doesn't give you gold at all, and pretty much everything that I want to buy costs gold instead. The varment rifle is a hunting must have though as it'll preserve smaller things and birds much better while also being much better at shooting multiple creatures in short succession like flocks of birds.

@BlackRabbit best way to hunt perfect deer/boar/rams is to ride them down with a lasso tbh. Unless you're the Predator I mean.

• Like 1

From Reddit:

Money making tip: go to the ranch north of rhoades. Get close to the bull, lasso it, and press circle/b to easily kill it without ruining the pelt. Usually has a perfect pelt. Sell the pelt, meat, horns at the Rhoades butcher. Rinse and repeat. Also make sure to grab the pelts of any animals you find during your route.

This can also be done with the cows at the ranch, but killing them lowers your honor. Killing the bull seems to have no honor problem. While I would sometimes get caught by the farmer while doing this in story mode, I haven’t yet seen the farmer npc in online.

Edit: it’s Hill Haven Ranch. Since this kill only requires a knife and lasso, it won’t cost you any ammo.

Edit: I said I’m making $10 per trip in some comments. That does not mean you’ll get $10 for the pelt. Sell the meat and horns as well. Also, if you see any low effort money sources along your route, grab them to maximize your money on each trip. Kill any boar or deer that you don’t have to chase too far. Hogtie any lone pedestrians to rob (you’ll also pass the fence on your way back).

• Thanks 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I need to find a nice peaceful lobby to do this in lol.

Do you have to change sessions to get the bull to spawn again?

Edited by Wulfherth

1 minute ago, Wulfherth said:

I need to find a nice peaceful lobby to do this in lol.

Do you have to change sessions to get the bull to spawn again?

In the reddit post he commented later that by the time you go back it usually respawns.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Flocks of birds, especially the ones mentioned ⬆️, are a good way to do it too. Everything stays in your satchel so you don't need to relay back and forth to your horse.

I find doing small animal/bird hunting while travelling across the map is a good way of gradually building cash without it ever feeling like grinding.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 6:00 PM, Wulfherth said:

Also when i can get the fishing rod i am going to fish in flat iron lake for steelhead, they sell for 4$ a pop, and you can carry 10. Will buy the lake lure for 1 gold bar to skip rank req.

Be really fucking careful, I bought a lure with my gold, and it was lost when a fish broke the line. Instantly closing application wasn't enough to save it either. 

So I'm sending a furious little ticket to R* as they were never lost in story mode and there was no indication they could be here, but in the meantime be very careful if you spend gold on it.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

Be really fucking careful, I bought a lure with my gold, and it was lost when a fish broke the line. Instantly closing application wasn't enough to save it either. 

So I'm sending a furious little ticket to R* as they were never lost in story mode and there was no indication they could be here, but in the meantime be very careful if you spend gold on it.

Good to know.  How much gold is required to buy a lure.  I want one but am also saving cash for my next gun.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

10 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

Good to know.  How much gold is required to buy a lure.  I want one but am also saving cash for my next gun.

It's 1.00 Gold, which is an absolute fortune right now for a $2 lure.

Lures aren't the best for smaller fish, regular baits catch them within seconds.

Got a load of small fish in the satchel, hopefully worth more than 1 large fish.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:52 PM, pete_95973 said:

From Reddit:

Money making tip: go to the ranch north of rhoades. Get close to the bull, lasso it, and press circle/b to easily kill it without ruining the pelt. Usually has a perfect pelt. Sell the pelt, meat, horns at the Rhoades butcher. Rinse and repeat. Also make sure to grab the pelts of any animals you find during your route.

This can also be done with the cows at the ranch, but killing them lowers your honor. Killing the bull seems to have no honor problem. While I would sometimes get caught by the farmer while doing this in story mode, I haven’t yet seen the farmer npc in online.

Edit: it’s Hill Haven Ranch. Since this kill only requires a knife and lasso, it won’t cost you any ammo.

Edit: I said I’m making $10 per trip in some comments. That does not mean you’ll get $10 for the pelt. Sell the meat and horns as well. Also, if you see any low effort money sources along your route, grab them to maximize your money on each trip. Kill any boar or deer that you don’t have to chase too far. Hogtie any lone pedestrians to rob (you’ll also pass the fence on your way back).

Farm the hell out of Farm animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL farm animals!  There is an achievement for going fully outlaw!  Missions will correct the honor, once you have the achievement.

I've made big hauls with fully maxed meat, skins and feathers at Emerald Ranch that were almost $50.

Start at around 9PM, as soon as farm hands leave. Kill and skin all the animals, go a little distance away and the animals re-spawn. You have until dawn. Hunt deer on the way to butcher in Rhodes.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Just explore and hunt, fuck the grind... I think GTA has set us in a mindset where we think we have to just grind for cash. We don't need that much at the mo, just enough for the right tools and ammo. Had a great time tonight up in the snow just exploring, then, on the way back killed a load of animals that i just passed by and made about 30 bucks, that'll do me. ?

• Like 7

I've been riding from Tumbleweed to St Denis killing everything in sight. Usually make 80 to 140 bucks per trip

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 minute ago, Hatch said:

I've been riding from Tumbleweed to St Denis killing everything in sight. Usually make 80 to 140 bucks per trip

Done that! Fun, but can take forever

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!