Feedback

The_Lady_A

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=aad6b01f

Rockstar have a surprisingly elaborate system for providing feedback for RDR2O, so if there is something you think should be brought to their attention the link above should take you to the right place.

Edited by Banketelli
Removed Beta from the title
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Holy shit that's a lot of options :lol: very elaborate indeed, I like it. Thanks for linking.

Maybe this should be pinned while the beta is on? I see everyone experiencing glitches and things they would like changed in the shoutbox, lets use the beta while it's there.

• Like 2

Agree.  I have already given feedback and a couple of bug fixes.  This is important to do.  If we have time to complain about something in the shoutbox (which I am guilty of for sure) we have time to submit the feedback.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

11 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

Agree.  I have already given feedback and a couple of bug fixes.  This is important to do.  If we have time to complain about something in the shoutbox (which I am guilty of for sure) we have time to submit the feedback.

Same here

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Sent it as a game mode idea

A parkour

relay race of 4 teams of 4 with a spectator mode.

The first section: Run up to a outdoor shooting range and go through three different weapons and shoot a still or moving target with limited bullets for each weapon the better the accuracy the more points.

The second section is a canoe race,the timing of the button press determine the speed.

Third would use bow to kill,skin and put the pelt on the four team member horse back, then a horse race to the finish. 

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Smurf said:

A parkour

The first section: Run up to a outdoor shooting range and go through three different weapons and shoot a still or moving target with limited bullets for each weapon the better the accuracy the more points.

The second section is a canoe race,the timing of the button press determine the speed.

Third would use bow to kill,skin and put the pelt on the four team member horse back, then a horse race to the finish. 

That sounds awesome ? maybe it can be made in the creator when it's released

The update has increased the drain on your horse Stamina and frequency in brushing to a VERY annoying point.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Sent a variety of feedback like 30 times now. I wish there was a way to view them & make an itemized list to see if they got started in future DLCs as well as to see others in game issues so far.

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys think about putting a short text together with a few basic suggestions to suit gameplay we frequently used in GTA?

We could then ALL send in the same text, I could ask the crews from COTC to do the same (same text).

What should the text cover?

Friendly/crew fire in freeroam

Playlists

Head to head 

?

Anyone comfortable composing a well written text?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lann said:

What do you guys think about putting a short text together with a few basic suggestions to suit gameplay we frequently used in GTA?

We could then ALL send in the same text, I could ask the crews from COTC to do the same (same text).

What should the text cover?

Friendly/crew fire in freeroam

Playlists

Head to head 

?

Anyone comfortable composing a well written text?

I'm in, but I will yield the well written text to someone else

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

On 12/4/2018 at 4:53 AM, Smurf said:

A parkour

Lol. Don't worry, if they put a creator in this game there will be hundreds of those parkour things like GTAO ;)

Hey guys idk if it’s on my end or r* but I can’t seem to play online for more than 5 to 10 minutes before the game kicks me and says sorry r* messed up. The only time the game let me play for more than an hour was early Christmas morning when I knew no one was playing. Anyone else have these issues? 

• 4 months later...

We are now 6 months into the life of Red Dead Online and we are finally out of the beta phase. But there's still a lot that's missing from the game. Like the ability to create and host playlists, the Creator, etc. Things that are vital for us as a crew to be able to play together. So remember to use Rockstar's feedback system and keep reminding them that we want to see those things in the game.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?redirect_lang=en_us

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Banketelli said:

We are now 6 months into the life of Red Dead Online and we are finally out of the beta phase. But there's still a lot that's missing from the game. Like the ability to create and host playlists, the Creator, etc. Things that are vital for us as a crew to be able to play together. So remember to use Rockstar's feedback system and keep reminding them that we want to see those things in the game.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?redirect_lang=en_us

Just submitted feedback on these two things exactly.  Thanks for the reminder.  Playlists and a creator would mean everything!

• Like 2

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I posted similar things a while ago. But it could be time to given them a reminder. I think it's worth pointing out to them we have crewmates who started playing RDR online but quit, some even deleted the game, becaue these things are not in the game.

• Like 2

Noticed quite a few bugs since the lastest update.

Other than being killed in my camp while the white flag was raised, a player in defensive mode attacked me today without leaving defensive, even after killing me. And while I couldn't lock onto him it sure as hell seemed like he had no problems locking onto me. Generally, the enemy system is quite broken. Players can attack and stay blue or all of a sudden go from red to blue even though we are shooting at each other.

There also seemed to be more lag than before in shoot-outs. Can shoot at an enemy and my cross-hair indicates it's a kill and then get killed by the player that should have been dead. Also happens where I do get the kill but in the same moment gets killed by the same player. Not uncommon in games, happened a lot in GTAO but before this update I had never experienced it in RDO.

Still enjoying the game, though. And remember to keep up the feedback! :)

Edited by Banketelli

Could use some help here. Contacted R* Support after the incident where a player killed me in Defensive mode and the game let him stay in Defensive mode. Am I missing something here/not understanding the mode and/or not being clear enough? Cause it seems like they've just taken a few key words from my posts like Defensive and lock-on, and then fed me standard replies, completely missing the point.

It starts with me submitting a ticket for a bug: 

What are the steps to reproduce the bug?

Go into Defensive mode and then attack another player.

What is the expected outcome?

There seems to be a good chance that you won't leave Defensive mode. The blip becomes red but is still faded. I have only been on the receiving end and while I can't lock onto the attacker (player in Defensive mode) they sure seem to be capable of that.

Respons from one R* support member:

Hello Banketelli, Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. We understand that even after being in the Defensive mode, players are still able to lock on their targets. Not to worry! Let us help you to shed some light on this matter for you. We would like to inform you that players will not be blipped as enemies (bright red) to each other as a result of one player aggroing the other. Instead, the hostile player will be blipped as an enemy to the attacked player and their posse, but the hostile player and their posse will still see the attacked player and their posse with their normal blip colours until they retaliate.

The Defensive playstyle option allows the player to indicate that they are declining to participate in the PvP aspects of RDO, though they can still opt-in to many and be returned to Offensive mode as a result. Players in Defensive mode can still kill and be killed by other players. However, there are massive Notoriety impacts for the attacking player in either direction. Once a player has hit a specific notoriety threshold, they will no longer be able to enter Defensive mode and will be kicked out if they were in Defensive mode when this threshold was passed.

Players in Defensive mode cannot lock on to other players, though free aim is still enabled and they can shoot other players. Players who are Defensive cannot be locked on to by other players, though they can still be free aimed at and shot. Players who are Defensive have their blip detection radius massively reduced.

If this is not the case, please provide us with a video of the issue as it will definitely help us to investigate and help you out at the earliest. We appreciate your understanding on this matter and we look forward to hear from you soon.

I reply:

Thank you for the reply.

But the problem I was having was that a player in Defensive mode attacked me (I was in Offensive mode) without him getting pulled out of Defensive mode which should have happened going by your newswire post May 14: "... while players who initiate conflict while in Defensive mode will be instantly pulled out of Defensive mode".

He turned bright red as soon as he shot me but the blip was faded as he was still in Defensive mode which made it so I couldn't lock onto him and he still had the the shield icon showing protecting him from critical hits, etc. It also seemed like he had no issue locking onto me. He killed me several times and remained in Defensive mode throughout. How do I provide you with video proof?

Respons from another R* support member:

Hello Banketelli, Thank you for your reply.

We understand what you're referring to is regarding you unable to lock-on to targets while being in a Defensive Mode whereas other players have no problems locking onto you in Red Dead Online. I hope the previous response gave you some idea how this has been implemented albeit a few adjustments are necessary.

Given the progress we've made, we never want this to set you off track and we're already aware of this and an investigation is already underway. However, you can recreate this problem through a video, so that we may investigate the root cause of this problem to bring about some positive changes to this over the course of time.

All you need to do is have a friend capture it and then upload the unlisted file to YouTube and send a direct link to us.

We'd love to hear from you and we encourage you to share this idea with us on http://www.reddeadonline.com/feedback so that we can work on what needs to be implemented to make this game a better experience for our players.

Edited by Banketelli

@Banketelli I've contacted R* support quite a few times over the years and in my experience the first person to respond rarely understands what your problem actually is and it takes a couple of posts back and forth to get a meaningful response. So I would just try explaining it again, but try to keep it as short and simple as possible. I think the main issue is most of the support staff don't play the games so have no idea at all what you are talking about. I suspect they probably have a set of stock answers to use, meant for people who just don't understand how the new red-blue blip system works, so they think that is what you're asking about. If you post back and it's clear your problem has not been understood they may pass it on to someone else who has played the game, eventually.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, djw180 said:

@Banketelli I've contacted R* support quite a few times over the years and in my experience the first person to respond rarely understands what your problem actually is and it takes a couple of posts back and forth to get a meaningful response. So I would just try explaining it again, but try to keep it as short and simple as possible. I think the main issue is most of the support staff don't play the games so have no idea at all what you are talking about. I suspect they probably have a set of stock answers to use, meant for people who just don't understand how the new red-blue blip system works, so they think that is what you're asking about. If you post back and it's clear your problem has not been understood they may pass it on to someone else who has played the game, eventually.

Thanks, DJ. That's probably it. Will see if I can't get someone's ear that actually has a chance of understanding the issue.