Display

What he said in the first 20-50 seconds is so important, as it begs to question what do you put your values in mostly when it comes to a monitor or TV when gaming or which do you prefer.

Between a higher resolution displays like a 4K down to a low 1080p resolution display, it's the Refresh Rate of the monitor or TV that determines the speed at which objects move on screen. Higher is better when it comes to Refresh Rate (60 hertz, 120 hertz, 144 Hertz & 240 hertz) in conjunction with the display's 'Response Time' being 1ms (millisecond) at best.

Note A PS4  console is capped at 60Hz, though most games run at 30Hz (For Parity Sake Sony)unless your playing a Battlefield game I don't believe it's an issue for you, and hopefully your display has an  average 2-5ms Response Time. I advise checking the specs of your display.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

I race on a 37" generic brand TV.

It's out of date, makes a deep buzzing noise and isn't all that, but I refuse to replace it while it works.

Used it for 5+ years, so I'm very much used to it, other screens have different picture and sound and I can't help noticing the difference, but I just like to stick to what I know and I like that size for racing.

Playing all other games on BenQ GL2460HM, 2ms response time. Triple screen setup. They could probably do with updating, but they're pretty good I think.

I got a 23' LG W2363D 3d monitor that I use. It's about 10 years old. The second HDMI port haven't work for years, I repaired the faulty headphone jack. I feel sad when I see these new monitor in the vid costing roughly the same now. Just switched the console to a Samsung UN32J5500 tv yesterday though I could of done that years ago as it shows better detail I rather gaming on the small monitor & might very well put it back on the 120hz old faithful.

Edited by Smurf