Opinions on players using glitches

DavidCore89

I've often wondered what the rest of the crews opinions on this are.

Mine are straight forward - Glitching to benefit yourself through money, RP or to win is wrong, requires no skill at all, those who do it are likely a low skilled player who struggle to win anything despite their vehicles or rank and I believe that is what attracts them to 'the easy option' - not cash cards as they always say.

R* resources are no doubt being used up due to having to hotfix or develop the game further to fix the issues.

Exploiting glitches IMO sucks the funds and time from future development and places it in the areas of the game which shouldn't need addressing as often as they do right now (if we were playing with honest people).

If something costs $1,000,000 and you cannot afford it - tough, that's life in GTA and in the real world, try playing the game correctly and you can earn that in 2 days without even grinding a single job.

Also I don't mean you are glitching by playing FOS, pressing up on the d-pad to accept a job isn't glitching IMO but correct me if I'm wrong.

If this thread is a duplicate - go ahead and lock it down or delete it.

Opinions?

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 4

I agree. In any event, This should not advertised on this forum. If you are to glitch, do it in private. PM other members so it is not displayed for all to see. I personally do not glitch or mod. What you do is your business. And I am comfortable with that. However, this Forum can not be used as a Social Tool for Communicating, or Planning any glitching or modding. Please keep that kind of post off the Forum and out of the Shoutbox.

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

My stand on it that I do not care whom does what glitch or mod. If it doesn't effect mine or the crews overall experience then knock yourself out. I do prefer developing or offering help to glitch should not be posted on the site. Do so in PSN, RSC, site PM's.

Playing a mission like FOS V4 I think is just taking advantage of a temporary thing that someone else developed and the discussion of the mission (I have yet to run it) is ok.

What's the difference? One is actively and purposely causing a unintended change in the game and the other is merely playing something already there, much like the days of Criminal Records RP payout or being gifted a few million in GTA cash.

The biggest reason to not post those types of things on the site, not everyone agrees with glitching and modding and some are quite passionate about it, so it's just best to not. The other is R* does have access to the site, and they have Lieutenant access should they choose to log on, and they have logged on in the past. I would prefer the crew not get a reputation as being a modding crew.

Feel free to post if you have a different opinion as well

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'm passionate about the subject but more so - I'm very passionate about this crew and it's superb reputation, that is why I posted.

If need be, lock it down as I feel it has been made clear with the comments Hatch and Dodge have made.

• Like 1

It happens everywhere, whether bots in a MORE or hackers stealing money out of your bank account.

I don't think anyone condones it, but people accept it happens.

I don't get bent out of shape about it anymore nor really care. This game like others down the road will have a shelf life. Maybe the person doesn't even suck at the game but are so bored they start modding or doing the stuff Rockstar was promoting with GTA 4. Maybe that's the way someone considers the game fun the same way someone prefers races or dm's.

I'm more in the Hatched camp where I don't care if it maliciously affects me or others.

alchemist3321.jpg

I generally think its really stupid to cheat in any video game, because that takes away from the fun of playing them! This is especially stupid, if you are trying to win in any VG type competition against other real players because thats not really winning!...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

abusing glitches and modding the game should get you banned. not long ago if people were caught abusing a glitch, thats what would happen. not so much anymore.

im a firm believer that if you need to cheat to get ahead, then you should keep the experience single player. im all for a ban hammer to come down and start smacking accounts with single player only access.

im also think that the payouts should be back to 100%. not a happy camper that a level 75 job pays 750 more cash than a lv 36 job. if heists dont pay more than 60k payout ... i dunno, game may not last much longer for me.

I'm not a fan of glitches that give the player an unfair advantage such as wall breaches and car dupes (I glitched Franklin's Buffalo once to see if I could) but again if it's not affecting me I let them get on with it.

Glitches that are funny and unintentional I find add to the game, I'm a huge fan of the Fallout games which are full of bugs and Skyrim's glitches made the game for me because they would happen out of nowhere.

In the world of  GTA I love the gate launch glitches and NPCs dying in unusual positions because a) they don't affect a player's progress and B) I can't help but find those funny!

I dont see FOS as a glitch at all. Someone just used unreleased R* content to create a mission that was hosted legitimately, played legitimately and paid legitimately.

Granted R* didnt intend for us to be able to use the mission creator yet, if ever, but hey, "pandora only comes out of the box, she doesn't go back in" :)

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 3

handcuff_charlie.jpg

During the milliondollardays I worked hard not to be gifted or in any way receiving that money, since i figured it would ruin my experience as far as working hard to obtain goals and keeping everything legit. I managed to avoid the money and was pretty sure R* would level the field as soon as possible.

I was honestly disappointed when all R* did was removing the money, and none of the things bought with that money (jealous - maybe, surprised - yes). 

I was actually hoping for a total reset of all players RP and money.

As the game became less interesting the ways to experience new things (one thing could be a glitch) was a way to keep it interesting, I almost want to call it an addiction.

At this point I feel its up to each player to choose how to play and enjoy the game, as long as it doesn't affect other players experience.

(Since I have been thinking alot about this, and even though its my first day on the forum, i felt i wanted to share my thoughts.) 

• Like 1

If it affects other players then its wrong...if it does not then it does not bother me...

I have Franks Buffalo and for a sports class it is sloooow.