Hatch's Hilljack Hunting Guide

JustHatched

This is under some work

But I will start you off with 

Binoculars - Use them if you are looking to get PERFECT PELTS. Zoom in on your animal, if it says it is pristine this is what you are looking for. You can also opt to track it from the binoculars. 

I'll finish this out soon

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

You can sell Legendary Buck Antlers for a trinket that improves the quality of pelt of animals you skin. Super helpful! I'm not 100% the mechanics of it, but looked like it would improve a pelt but one quality level. One good pelt would be perfect. The Legendary Buck is NW of strawberry next to an Indian Burial ground." (Fences sell the trinket, like the one in Saint Denis)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

You can lasso some game(deer, elk, etc.) and kill it with the knife. Keeps pelts from becoming damaged

Also, I heard on the youtube that if you manage to lose a legendary pelt, it still goes to the trapper. You just lose the ability to sell it. Can still get special gear for it.

Use eagle eye to spot gators and fish underwater, and deadeye to bowfish or use a firearm.

Bring a temporary horse from camp along with your main horse. This allows you to carry more pelts.

Once you have the legend of the east satchel, you can hunt herds of buffalo to stock up on food. They're on the open plains, and they're slow. If you kill about 10 at a time, usually 1 or 2 will attract vultures and rot.

Dynamite arrows work great for legendary animals.

Edited by Jjss924