how old is too old?

newyork-nightmare

Just took this cam picture of the wife and I tonight.  Got me wondering......

How old is too old to be playing video games?

How long do you think you will be playing?

Until our arthritis makes it unbearable? 

As for me..

I can retire in 10 years, my first 401k check is going towards a PS6

Depositphotos_6511865_xs.jpg

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Funny pic, and I have a possible reply, but atm I do think this is a duplicate topic as I know I have seen this topic before, just can't remember if it is on this forum.....

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

You're too old when you either can't see/hear the TV or hold the controller. Other than that, there is no age limit. I grew up playing video games and I will play them until they are no longer available or I'm dead :)

• Like 3

kQ4fIRp.png

I don't think you're ever "too old" to play video games.  I have friends in their mid to late 50s who still play on a regular basis.  As for myself, I'll keep playing until my vision or dexterity gives out.  I'd imagine that if I were able to retire and didn't have other things going on, I'd be playing non-stop.  I've been playing them my entire life (started with Atari 2600 and arcade games), and I find them to be a nice break from the "real world".  Although, there are times when I play too much when I should be doing work, but I haven't ever been the best with time management.

I just hope they continue to make GTA or GTA style games.  I love my sports games as well, but I find myself being very picky these days.

• Like 2

I looked into it a little, didnt see a duplicate. No biggie if there is one.  .. I post like crazy, extra dbucks or not.

Edited by newyork-nightmare

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

No such thing as to old! Do what you enjoy doing. I will always be a gamer but sometimes you just have more important things to take care of.

• Like 1

As long as my eyes and thumbs work, I'm game. Hearing is optional but they is strongly desired.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

its not a matter of age, its like anything in life too much of it isnt good, as long as you can identify if your playing to much and correct it its isnt ever a problem to play.

Future is nothing but a series of probability

There isn't really an age limit, as long as you having fun doing it ;). I would say that there are quite a few of us here who remember a time from our childhood pre-home-console ;) Like MLB I too started my gaming career on an Atari 2600 and ruled on Berserk! I plan to play and die with a controller in my hand when I'm old and gray :)

• Like 1

What!? too old for Gaming! What Is This Blasphemy!

it aint over till the lady with slight case of obesity sings on her headset,

i have been gaming all my life and im not stoping untill the day when im too high level (gamers dont age they gain levels) that i cant hold on to gamepad anymore, when my life`s gametime finally expires and ill logout from this world, they will bury me with my gamepad and on my tombstone there will be text:

Matusware

Character Created: 1.10.81

HP expired: [add date here]

waiting for respawn

;DD

• Like 5