R* Adjusting RP

Dodge

I just saw Danielle post in the Shoutbox about this. I clicked the LINK. R* is taking action.

Edited by dodgeservice
  • Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Not saying it is or it isn't but that looks very different to the V3/V4 of the last couple of days. They admitted jumping from level 100 to 136, I know I haven't done any sudden level jumps on this grind so it's very different. This was a mod from last december.

They is no mention of the recent good fortune most of us have been experiencing. I have developed a new appreciation of tractors.

FOS is not legit, anyone who thinks the cash and RP earned from that mission is legit - they are wrong IMO.

There's no saying why the persons RP was adjusted, could very well be from something that was mentioned in the post so that and FOS are probably not connected but FOS is still not a legit mission.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Yeah, dude admitted to modding. I don't see harm in accepting missions your friends/crew are playing. Not to mention Rockstar are going to have a ton on their plate going after everyone that has ever glitched, modded, or played missions someone else created.....now the dude that created FOS, that's a different story, but i hear they have been banning him nonstop and he still finds ways to do stuff like this.

I've lost a bit from Rockstar errors, glitches, or other nonsense. I'm sure it's worse for others and have no problem with people recouping funds as things like the 500k (that I also never received) they gave out don't really make up for the time and effort lost.

alchemist3321.jpg

FOS can turn into exactly what happened during the billionaire days though - seems like no harm/no foul but R* took action against virtually everyone - we should know better, but I guess we will see what happens with that during the upcoming down time for PS3 GTAO players. I don't imagine there will be any consequences for it though.

As for the rank resets due to DNS and other means, that's a funny one to me. It makes sense but at the same time I cannot for the life of me figure out why the HELL would you RAISE the rank cap to 8000? Yes, that's right .. EIGHT THOUSAND as in EIGHT (8) THOUSANDS (1000). That seems to be a step in the wrong direction to me. It would of made more sense to lower the cap to say 500.

Oh well, doesn't matter to me really. I'll still be 445 after the second purge (first being money). I do wonder though since they mentioned dating all the way back to launch, Criminal Records and Down the Drain served as big RP bonuses back in the day. Pretty much earned all of my racing wins on those 2 tracks then considering they were the only ones being played. I imagine a chunk of my rank came from that. Oh wait, I read the whole article. 445 remains, lol.

This one blows my mind though, from that link DC posted, R* actually posed this as a Q&A, HILARIOUS. They do have a sense of humor, too bad the answer to it wasn't as funny.

My little brother’s cousin’s best friend was visiting my house in December 2013 and somehow did something that increased my Rank to 1000. I had nothing to do with it. So I don’t mind the Rank correction, but will my account face any other action?

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Expected. Before GTAO was released they talked about bad player pools and catching people that hack and what not. I have no problem with this.

I don't even find it surprising and expect them to do this to clean up the game. i guess what I find shocking is them just now busting a dude that modded in December....they must really be behind.

Looks like people get to keep money and bought items as well and it's just a RP check. I've played FOS a few times, I have no problem with them taking back the 5-10 levels gained. Although, I find the mission kind of legit and fun.....it's hard as shit. Probably a little excessive with RP and money, but no different than people that farmed RR.

alchemist3321.jpg

I am not worried about my rank, about 15 levels of it is from the Criminal Records RP days, even if they were to take that I am still over 120 easy. Anything over 120 doesn't really matter anyway at this point.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I read that minor mission grinding will not be affected, only those that do DNS hacks, mods and save file editing.

kQ4fIRp.png

what ever happens, happens. I only grinded like crazy when needed.  

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

R* is gonna be like FUUUCKKK YOU AND YOUR HEISTS! :P

Future is nothing but a series of probability

People who've grinded FOS should not be punished IMO.So many have been doing it and what if you've just been accepting invites?

I read somewhere on the rockstar q&a someone had reported the FOS missions and rockstar replied saying it should be sorted now, this was yesterday evening and it definitely was still going on last night, I'm not sure what they will do about it. They won't remove RP for grinding legit missions (criminal records) so I wouldn't worry about that.