*MISSION FAILD* The document was destryed

C-Bot0110

Anyone have a good grasp on the new Rooftop Rumble yet? I can't seem to figure out why you can do it 2 times nearly the exact same way and yet one time will be a success and the other time, the document ends up getting destryoed somehow. And not from accidently blowing up the car as it flees. I mean, it never even spawns. You go about your routine same as usual, clear the garage, kill the guys that approach afterwards in the cars, thinking everything is going as planned. Then it happens, that dreaded message...  *DUNNNT*  MISSION FAILED, The Document has been destroyed.

Anyone have any insight on this?  Is the mission bugged or is something actually going wrong?

I tried it twice, might try it some tomorrow. Havnt had time to do much. Not even my survivals. 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I think one of the cars that spawns to bring more bad guys also has the documents so if you blow it up -- mission failed. Probably the only cars you are ok to blow up are inside the garage! I try not to blow anything up so as not fail the mission, better a little longer then start over! :) 

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I've done the mission a few times since the update but never had this issue, blown the document up a few times but never had the mission fail in an unexplained manner.

From my experience you are completely safe to shoot the first three cars.

So basically I'm no help at all on the actual question in the OP  :wacko:

phaves.jpg

Switch to the coveted16 playlist.It's faster and easier especially if you use a tank.I was having problems with rr too.

Know idea why anyone would want to use a tank in coveted.

I done RR with Troy for the first time the other day and I shot the car about 5 times and it blew up

Well you know not to do it with Dani...

Lol.

To save ammo and time..especially if youre doing it solo.I finish the mission within 3 minutes when i use the tank.

That's fast as hell. Do you ditch the tank when the documents appear?

Didn't seer your message above. Still fast for coverted.

Edited by Banketelli

Matusware and I did a load to get used to the new set up and found that if there was one person at or near the bridge, that's where the documents spawn, and that person at the bridge could snipe or take out that part of the garage/parking lot. Then the other person or people could take up positions at other points around the garage and take out the people inside and the cars the seem to spawn outside before the documents are "dropped" and driven off. Killing the driver who holds the documents is pretty easy and he almost slows down for you :)

It's hardly rocket science. Just a question of adapting. Nothing more nothing less. Why does it have to be so convoluted ?

who needs it anymore with the big money maker job out there! 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Is everyone using a tank in coveted now ? Bullitt started it, ( See Bullitt at least I give you credit ) I thought I'll give that a go on my playlist and now everyones doing it.