Help finding a game

Lann

Hello

I am looking to channel my sons gaming interest into a strategy game that we can play together for a long time ahead. He is 8 now and i think we will play on PC. 

I have been looking at Civilazation V but I have never played it. I want it to be fun for me as well so something where you can be strategic and play over a long time (months at least).

Maybe we can build/ create something together or at least in the same world. Needing two PC is not a problem.

So now I am asking for suggestions?

Something like minecraft would be good for building together in a shared world. It’s a great introductory game for all ages and plenty of scope to express your creativity. 

I’m not sure how much strategy there is in the game though. 

• Like 1

Gotta agree with Squirrel.... Minacraft, it might not be strategy but it is building and it is long term.

Also a lot of his friends will be into it as well.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

19 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Something like minecraft would be good for building together in a shared world. It’s a great introductory game for all ages and plenty of scope to express your creativity. 

I’m not sure how much strategy there is in the game though. 

Just now, JuniorChubb said:

Gotta agree with Squirrel.... Minacraft, it might not be strategy but it is building and it is long term.

Also a lot of his friends will be into it as well.

Thanks guys! He is and has been playing minecraft with his sisters. I am not sure it would be for me as I think it lacks the kind of strategy and stuff that games that I have played have (I have played Empire earth and Red Alert and really enjoy those).

38 minutes ago, Lann said:

Thanks guys! He is and has been playing minecraft with his sisters. I am not sure it would be for me as I think it lacks the kind of strategy and stuff that games that I have played have (I have played Empire earth and Red Alert and really enjoy those).

You gotta bite the bullet and play Lan...

Minecraft has fans of all ages, strategy games are not usually enjoyed by 8 year olds. Add to this that I soon discovered that 90% of the time when you play together if you don’t play what the kid wants to play they will lose interest.

On a side note when Bing was 8 we played through Lego Star Wars the complete saga (episodes 1-6) and this was great fun for both of us. Lots of extras to unlock and the Lego Games were a lot more fun back then.

Lego City Undercover is also a great game, a little short but it is basically a watered down GTA in Lego.

Lego Worlds is pretty good fun too, with building, collecting and discovering it is almost a very basic No Mans Sky. 

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Company of Heroes.

Probably close to 10 years old now, but was a great game.

Never played the 2nd game.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1