How to organize garage?

JustHatched

I have seen this posted, not sure where and can't find it.

How do you organize a garage using the dummy car method?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

if you have a 2nd garage you can pull car a out and put it in garage 2 then move the car you wanted in car a's slot, but if the car is in the same garage as car a before you moved it you have to pull that one out then replace with another then put that car in car a's slot

It's a lot easier to arrange your 2nd garage IF you know what you want and where you want it. Once you start the process however it becomes increasingly more difficult to move things around if you decide you don't like where it's going.

Garage 1 is the problem. Before filling up your 2nd garage with dummy cars it's easier to move the cars you want to be in a new spot to the 2nd garage and fill the 1st garage in that slot with a dummy car. Move another car to your 2nd garage and fill it with another dummy car. Once you have 10 cars simply draw out the dummy car that is in the place you want your car to be in, destroy it and drive your car from garage 2 into garage 1. It's a very strenuous and tedious process that just requires too much thinking with how the garage slots work. 

If that came off as confusing, I tried my best to explain it clearly haha or at least give the idea behind it. It was a serious pain in the ass to get a red car from the right side of my garage to the left. A lot of driving. So hopefully your second garage is close lol.

Just remember the game will automatically fill slots under a certain system.

Bike Rack (left side if looking from garage doors, inward)

1 - 6

2 - 7

3 - 8

4 - 9

5 - 10 Elevator (behind the car, to the right)

Fills them automatically 1-10 if completely empty. If a spot opens at 4 and you have a spot open at 8 for example, it's gonna fill 4 first.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I just fill them up and take what ever calls to me. I don't organize them. 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I had never organized my garage before, and thought about doing it now that I have a second one. But after reading a few tutorials on how to do it, that's a big fat NEVERMIND!!

I changed a certain car's color in my primary garage.

I just undermined 2 hours worth of work. In an instant.

Dammit. 

• Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I got them both fully organized according to car type and color. If I had thought of it I would have went alphabetical as well.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Did it take a long time, Hatched?

I wanted to do this, too, but it seems to be pretty labor intensive like G37 outlined.

alchemist3321.jpg

About 6 hours and spending a bit more cash than I wanted to.

Well, I am sorta a neat freak perfectionist.

Yeah, me too.

I thought they had actually mentioned being able to organize them manually.

I'm sure they will do this at some point.

alchemist3321.jpg

It took me two days (and a shit load of money) to organize mine.  I used G37's method for the most part.

In garage one, I have all of my super and sports cars on one side.  On the other side, I have the sports classics; muscle; the compact (but I think I'm going to get rid of it--sorry, I just don't like this class and will stick to stock when it comes to races); and the motorcycle in the front.

In garage two, I have the sedans and coupes on one side and my trucks and SUVs on the other side.  I love my trucks, and I don't think you can have enough of them.

I'm one of those perfectionist types too, but I can't have two cars that are exactly the same color or with the same wheel type.  It makes me crazy. ;)  I think the only two that are even remotely the same color are the Hearse and Schafter, but I may end up picking a different shade of black for the Schafter.

Edited by LN-MLB

It's not that bad of a job organizing your garage, as long as you know where you want each car to go.  

Those of you who bought their 2nd garage a fair distance away made it a little more time consuming.  Thankfully I'm lazy & didn't want to travel far and bought 2 in the same building, my only problem is after I finished I realized I want them all swapped, all the car in garage 1 moved over to garage 2 and all G2 cars moved to G1.

*edit

DAMN.. 2 days, I thought 6 hours was rough.  It only took me 20mins or so.

Edited by Hannabis_80

The REAL problem is when you want to move something when you have a full 20 cars.

You're basically shit out of luck at that point lol.

The REAL problem is when you want to move something when you have a full 20 cars.

You're basically shit out of luck at that point lol.

Could you not drive car 1 from garage A to garage B, swap it with car X. Then get back into car 1 and drive it back to garage A, this swap it with car 2 (the slot where you want car 1 to be), then call mechanic to bring car two to garage A and swap that for car X.

Did that even make sense?

I haven't gone that far. I know taking a car out from garage 1 and taking it to garage 2 will issue the prompt that it's full, asking if you'd like to replace one. I believe it gives a warning then saying blah blah blah you'll lose your shit if you continue, continue?

If you also take a car out from garage 1 and then go into garage 2 and take out another car, the car from garage 1 will be a locked clone as your PV will return back to the garage from which it came.

I don't think you can have more than 18 cars for this to really work. The arranging that is.

So unless I happened to misunderstand you, I'm not thinking it's possible - which sucks. Too fearful of glitching to give us an actually useful and practical ability.

I had both garages full when I swapped a couple using the (convoluted) method above, iirc if you take a car from one full garage to another, it asks you to replace from one garage to the other. I'll try it next time I'm on because I need to space my two lime green cars farther apart.

I had both garages full when I swapped a couple using the (convoluted) method above, iirc if you take a car from one full garage to another, it asks you to replace from one garage to the other. I'll try it next time I'm on because I need to space my two lime green cars farther apart.

Lemme know what happens, I'm sure as hell not risking losing any of my cars lol.

Lemme know what happens, I'm sure as hell not risking losing any of my cars lol.

I can confirm this works. I wanted to swap positions of my elegy and zentorno (slots 4 and 5). First off I drove the zentorno from eclipse towers to my garage near the airport, upon trying to enter the garage you are told 'garage full, a vehicle must be transferred to your other garage to store your current vehicle', press 'x' and swap out a vehicle (I replaced my sandking). I then got back in the zentorno and drove back to eclipse towers, getting the above 'garage full' message again, this time I replaced the elegy with the zentorno (which put the zentorno in the slot I wanted it in). Next I went outside and rang the mechanic and got him to bring back the elegy, I drove this into the eclipse towers garage, replacing the sandking, which returned back to its original slot in its original garage. I checked to make sure everything was still insured, no problems.
  • Like 1

I can confirm this works. I wanted to swap positions of my elegy and zentorno (slots 4 and 5). First off I drove the zentorno from eclipse towers to my garage near the airport, upon trying to enter the garage you are told 'garage full, a vehicle must be transferred to your other garage to store your current vehicle', press 'x' and swap out a vehicle (I replaced my sandking). I then got back in the zentorno and drove back to eclipse towers, getting the above 'garage full' message again, this time I replaced the elegy with the zentorno (which put the zentorno in the slot I wanted it in). Next I went outside and rang the mechanic and got him to bring back the elegy, I drove this into the eclipse towers garage, replacing the sandking, which returned back to its original slot in its original garage. I checked to make sure everything was still insured, no problems.

Just to make sure I got this straight:

If I wanted to move say my Zentorno from garage 1 to garage 2, I simply drive it to garage 2 and accept the prompt to swap with a vehicle? That's all I do right?

That's interesting - guess I didn't read the full message or maybe I didn't even try with the cars I owned but only with an extraneous vehicle.

Yeah, it brings up the message as above, pressing x brings up the list of the cars already in the garage, you select one and the cars swap places.

Yeah, it brings up the message as above, pressing x brings up the list of the cars already in the garage, you select one and the cars swap places.

That's an awesome find, could be a little tedious but still better than nothing and definitely helps. Great find.

If you're only swapping the positions of two cars in one garage it's a drive from one garage to the other, then a drive back followed by a call to Johnny-on-the-spot. Took me about five minutes.

• Like 1