Liking crew created stuff

JustHatched

It was mentioned in another thread about crew created races/dm/etc.. get dislikes and some thinking it is crew policy to like something.

First off, you do not have to give a crew created anything a thumbs up.

Here is my advise, take it for what it is worth to you

Please don't give a thumbs down because your skill level isn't up to par, if something is good and you suck why thumb it down? You will find that most of the crew races to require a few runs to get to know them and are actually good. If everything was easy it would be boring after a while.

If something is not designed well over all or needs a few things fixed, why not go for the no vote and pass on your thoughts on potential changes, the creator may not be aware of the issue if they are not told about it.

On the same note, if you are the creator, be open to criticism and the possibility of altering a creation.

• Like 11

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I agree, and it bothers me when someone thumbs down something and others act like that is an insult or passing judgement on the creator him/herself.

People need to come to grips with the fact that the like system is completely irrelevant.

It literally does not matter in any way shape or form. Nobody is getting paid based off of it. Nobody is getting "verified" as result of it. Nobody is being given a job opportunity as a result of it.

It simply doesn't matter. If someone gets upset over a thumbs down or acts like a thumbs up is a true validation, then the joke's on them. It doesn't matter.

With that being said, people can and should like or dislike based on their own criteria, and the creator or the creator's pals shouldnt pay it any more attention than they pay to what brand of toilet paper their neighbor uses.

I will for one say that I am not going to be obligated to click one way or the other for anybody crew, friend, family, whatever. Hell, I "no voted" my newest capture because the AI and spawn point assignment behaved in a way totally unexpected since the update and totally altered what the intent for the gameplay was supposed to be in my mind. If I dont like something, it gets a down vote. If I like it, it gets an up vote. Politics do not even enter into my mind, nor will they.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 2

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I just press button's so we can hurry up and move on to the next mission, race or whatever. Hell I think I have disliked my own capture's a few times because of this, had a member go nut s at me once, had to silently laugh, its not that serious though.