Marvel Cinematic Universe (SPOILERS!!!!)

Squirrel

Before this thread goes anywhere be warned that it will contain spoilers. If you don’t want the latest MCU film or show to be ruined then take yourself out of this thread! 

This thread will be used for discussion for any film or tv show related to the MCU. 

Discussion for the latest MCU film to follow....

As said numerous times already, it was awesome ! Best comic book movie of all time ! 

Do you guys think Loki, Heimdal, Gamora and Vision are gone for good ? 

I think so except for Vision who could be revived by Wakandan tech.

Some say Gamora is now in the soul stone but I hope not as it would serioisly undermine her death in IW. Plus she was the weakest member of the guardians. 

I’ve seen a theory that all the deaths including the ones after the snap are permanent. 

They introduced a new team at the end of guardians who could potentially take over. 

The title of Black Panther could follow the comics and pass to the kings sister. 

In the comics there’s also another spiderman from queens who isn’t Peter Parker. That’s another potential route they could go down. 

The big argument for most of the characters coming back from ash is that they have a film coming out soon. Spiderman and GotG 3 have already been announced but to counter this, there’s no guarantee that these films are set after infinity war. Antman and The Wasp is definitely set before IW so why not the others. 

Obviously something is going to happen with the introduction of Captain Marvel but I don’t think they should cheapen the story. I’m with Thanos on this one, resources are finite, we’ve got to do something to keep things under control. 

Dr Strange will have seen the future where Thanos didn’t wipe out half the universe which is why he said “It was the only way” when he turned to ash  

https://www.reddit.com/r/thanosdidnothingwrong

?

• Like 1

@Squirrel

It was a ballsy move killing off all these characters but I'm sure the writers and directors aren't that ballsy.

Sure those are valid points. Shuri could become the Black Panther and Miles Morales could be the next Spider-Man like in the comics but that's not gonna happen. Not before a few years at least. And it is obvious the next spider-man, strange and BP are set after IW, even after Avengers 4. And GotG will probably be the same roster without Gamora. Maybe a new female addition but not a brand new team. No way. People love these a-holes. 

I'm sure those who turned to dust will come back. Really uncertain about the previous deaths. 

Also it's not a coincidence that the original Avengers are all intact. I'm sure some of them will be gone after Avengers 4. Cap is almost guaranteed to die with Chris Evans saying he's done after this one. Bucky or Falcon will take the mantle like in the comics. 

Stark may die as well seeing how he's at the center of all these movies so far. A4 could be the end for him as well. Probably for Hawkeye too seeing how sidelined he is since the first Avengers movie. Renner probably wants to move on to better things. 

I'm sure more shocking moments are coming in the next Avengers. 

It is obvious that everyone turned to ash will return, I'm just hoping they actually have the balls to keep them dead. It will really change the game in Superhero movies. The good guys winning happens all too often, let the bad guys succeed for once!

The roadmap for the next phase is being intentionally vague so who knows what is likely to happen plus there is the fox takeover about to happen. If X-Men & Fantastic Four are going to feature in the MCU this is a perfect oppoturnity to cull the existing roster of heroes, the surviving avengers may negotiate a switch for dead ones. I can certainly see Stark offering himself in place of Spiderman, Nebula for Gamora etc.

Thanos of course will survive in A4, there is only 1 person capable of truly defeating him. :D

Also just for fun: http://www.didthanoskill.me/

I was slain for the good of the universe. I've shown my support for his methods so I can't complain about being one of those turned to ash.

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Renner probably wants to move on to better things. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

9 minutes ago, Danielle said:

:lol: I was spared

You mean you had a 1 on 1 deathmatch with him and he couldn’t beat you. 

• Haha 1

Ahhh Avengers 3 left me grinning like an absolute eejit by the end. I was really happy they let the dramatic tension build up, that by the end they stopped with the quips and kept with the emotions of the characters.

In that sense it is better than Empire Strikes Back (which every bad guys win story will forever be compared to) because it goes darker and doesn't end with nearly as much sense of hope. We know from the meta of the marvel universe that this is not the end, but you wouldn't think that just from the movie itself.

• Like 1

Damn that sucks I died :(

I like that the next phase is kept secret until A4. Adds to the uncertainty. I agree that the Fox deal could shake things up but it's taking forever so big changes aren't for the immediate future.

Maybe that's why they're working on a Black Widow movie. Perhaps they're stalling :D

Edited by Fido_le_muet