Laptops

I want a laptop but have no idea which is best nor do I understand the technical jargon.

I basically want it for internet browsing, film editing, office apps and copying music cds for my mp3 player.

Advice?

I use a Hewett Packard Pavilion dv5 at home and a slight better Pavilion at the shop, both work very well.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I need new one too, 7 of my keys are broken or missing from my son slamming on it playing on nick Jr.com 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Get a macbook:p they are actually good for what you need to do

I like Apple as much as the next person but if you're on a budget, you are definitely overpaying for what you get from them lol. I prefer OS over Windows so I'm unfortunately stuck with Apple lol.

Depends on how heavy the film editing is. Adding RAM is also super easy even for someone like me and cheap lol, so i wouldn't worry too much about what comes standard in that regard.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Depends on price range

My fiancee has a £399 HP Pavillion, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, i5.

IMO it's better than a macbook when you consider the huge difference in price and different features here and there.

If it's an ultrabook your looking for instead of a laptop then the Dell XPS 13 is the machine to buy, it's the best around from my experience and it's great for some really heavy RAM and CPU load programs and software which is what I mostly use ultrabooks, laptops and PC's for but it won't come cheap.

• Like 1

Some advice: If you go apple, you can't really go wrong as there is no way if going cheap with them. if you go with anything else than I suggest at least an Intel i5 or AMD A6 processor for longevity and general system responsiveness. For RAM, also called system memory, go with a bare minimum of 6GB, with a range of 12 at a possible max. A good starting price is probably 399 Euros. You don't want too cheap as it may not last more than a year or two.

kQ4fIRp.png

you buy a good one, let me know. I need one as well.

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg