PS3/PS4 & Keyboards

Hey guys, Just thought I'd ask this question because I can't find any accessory information for what I'm looking for from Best Buy.

I'm not a huge fan of typing out PSN messages and GTA V messages with the PS3/PS4 controllers that I currently own. It takes far to long and it's a huge pain in the ass I find.. I use to own an Xbox 360 way back when and I know you were able to purchase a mini-keyboard that you could use for Xbox LIVE conversations to make things easier..

I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find an official Sony keyboard that is compatible with the PS3 and the PS4, so I thought I'd ask here. I'm wanting a keyboard, ideally, a wireless one that isn't huge that I can use to type out messages as I mentioned above. The key thing here is I want one that would be compatible with both my PS3 and my PS4.

After doing a little bit of research I found that it could be possible to get a USB wireless keyboard/Bluetooth keyboard to work, but my question then is, would it work on both systems and is it efficient? Does anyone have a keyboard that they use to type messages out on PSN? If so, what would you rate it?

Thanks a lot guys! Looking forward to hearing these responses.

Well I certainly feel your pain on the PS3 issue. It's a serious pain in the ass messaging from the ps3. I don't know if they are all like that but mine seriously lags a lot when I try to type fast. Especially when GTA is online. On the PS4 however, it's soooo much smoother and faster. What I use is the Playstation app on my Android. I normally have it open whenever I am playing GTA that way I can easily message my fellow crew members. I'm pretty sure the app is available for both Android and iOS. You should try it out before spending on a keyboard, assuming you have a smart phone.

Usually any usb, or bluetooth to usb dongle, keyboard would work, no need to look for something specifically compatible with PS3/PS4. I use a full sized wired Microsoft keyboard on my PS3 and it works just fine.

kQ4fIRp.png

I've never plugged a keyboard into mine, thought about it but just haven't. I do use this and doubt it will work with the PS4

ps3_keypad_cropped.jpg

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 2 weeks later...

I got a $5 USB keyboard from a yard sale. its the same one wally world (Walmart) sells for like $10. don't need a fancy Sony one or anything. any USB keyboard should work. not sure about ps4 but I'm confident it would be the same