The Great Chaparral

G37

GTAF APPROVED

First crack at a GTA styled race. Nothing complicated. Nothing unexpected. Letting the terrain of the short 3 lap course do the talking.

2la3ns5.jpg

Job Link:

http://rsg.ms/SBx5TO

Edited by SINISTER120
Added Tags

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

It is better to put checkpoints in apexes.

Looks like a nice short circuit, I'm going to try it out in a few minutes, may record.

============

Okay, raced it recorded it, and yes, your route is good, makes for a fun route in normal mode, but the checkpoints need to be in apexes. When you see an arrow far down a straight that points to indicate a turn, you brake in preparation only to find that the corner is still a ways ahead. CP spacing is good, just move them to apexes and the race is great.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

It is better to put checkpoints in apexes.

Looks like a nice short circuit, I'm going to try it out in a few minutes, may record.

============

Okay, raced it recorded it, and yes, your route is good, makes for a fun route in normal mode, but the checkpoints need to be in apexes. When you see an arrow far down a straight that points to indicate a turn, you brake in preparation only to find that the corner is still a ways ahead. CP spacing is good, just move them to apexes and the race is great.

I'm sure there's some awkward placement, but let me know regardless how it is as it stands now and I can make changes as necessary.

NOTE: Just saw the edit lol. Will do. 

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

These are good reference points showing apexes that need a CP, then all you have to do is adjust CP's according to visibility on the straighter sections of track

The goal is to keep the driver from having to take eyes off the road in order to reference the mini-map to reassure himself that he is still going the right way.

Untitled_zpsf8d8bf61.png

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

These are good reference points showing apexes that need a CP, then all you have to do is adjust CP's according to visibility on the straighter sections of track

The goal is to keep the driver from having to take eyes off the road in order to reference the mini-map to reassure himself that he is still going the right way.

Untitled_zpsf8d8bf61.png

Sweet, thanks. Considering I don't race much (my 700+ total aside, honestly) - is that a general rule of thumb or is it more or less going to depend track to track?

And for 90 degree turns like at the very bottom, is it a good practice to place a CP just after the turn like I've been doing?

UPDATE V1.1:

- Revised CP placement

- Added a couple more props

- New RSC Map added to OP

- New Job Link

- Race length: 1.85m >> 2.05m now

- Race capacity: 12 >> 15 players

Edited by G37

Sweet, thanks. Considering I don't race much (my 700+ total aside, honestly) - is that a general rule of thumb or is it more or less going to depend track to track?

And for 90 degree turns like at the very bottom, is it a good practice to place a CP just after the turn like I've been doing?

Did that guide I reposted answer your questions? For anyone else reading, it is okay to offset a CPa little bit into a 90 degree turn so that it is a little more obvious that the route does not continue straight, but putting CP's after a corner/apex is typically a no-no.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Yeah it did, least have the tools to tackle general tracks now for optimum flow.

UPDATE V1.2

- Added more vehicles, default is Muscle.

I gonna add this to the NASCAR Series

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Added to NASCAR Series

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Haha, sweet thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet. GTAF Approved.

Thanks to HC for the help early on in the race creator.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...