Wii U bombing out

I have read this in multiple places, seems the Wii U isn't taking off the way Nintendo had hoped.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/23/wii-u-sales-tracking-50-less-than-gamecube-one-tenth-of-wii-4706243/

We had thought of getting they kids a Wii U but went with getting them PS3's a while back. Nintendo has more kid friendly game track record than Sony but I think it was a good decision as I expect developer support for the U to drop, or at least that is what a few articles say

Edited by JustHatched
spelling

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Back to the drawing board for Nintendo - the U was never gonna be anywhere near as popular the original Wii and the way it revolutionized gaming and that ship has sailed long ago.

Overpriced and a massive lack of games in comparison to it's rivals.

I'm sure Nintendo will be back with a record breaking selling console again though. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kids want to play the games on the "adult" consoles.

Not sure why Nintendo thinks they can divorce the video game market into adult/kid segments. It is not going to work, they need to hire better marketing strategists. The Wii was a fad, and a lucrative one at that, but you can't expect to pump out one fad after another.

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have the Wii U, and I don't really like it. There aren't any appealing games for me, except Mario Kart and COD: Ghosts, it never connects to my WiFi, energy though my router is in the same room. The only thing that's good about it is the fact that you can play regular Wii games on it, but you need a special controller, of course.

Glad you bumped this up, Skeleton.

We've been thinking about buying our oldest daughter a Wii U for Christmas.  She loves all things Mario.  I'm having a hard time justifying the price at the moment.  She currently uses my Nintendo 3DS and our original Wii.  Since the Wii is still going strong seven years later, I'm having a hard time wanting to spend $250 for a Wii U.  I'm sure she will get a ton of use out of it, but adding in the games at $50 a piece if they're not on sale... and yeah... it's pricey.  I wasn't ever really a fan of that huge screen/controller thing either.

Glad you bumped this up, Skeleton.

We've been thinking about buying our oldest daughter a Wii U for Christmas.  She loves all things Mario.  I'm having a hard time justifying the price at the moment.  She currently uses my Nintendo 3DS and our original Wii.  Since the Wii is still going strong seven years later, I'm having a hard time wanting to spend $250 for a Wii U.  I'm sure she will get a ton of use out of it, but adding in the games at $50 a piece if they're not on sale... and yeah... it's pricey.  I wasn't ever really a fan of that huge screen/controller thing either.

For younger kids, I think it's the perfect console. The interface looks new, but stays true to the original look of the Wii. I like the controller with the screen, but if you need more than one it'll be a little pricey. The only thing I don't like about it is the resolution of the screen, which is crap compared to tablets and phones these days. You can also use your old Wii games on the Wii U, but you have to have a special controller, I think it's Motion Plus. In Canada, the games sometimes go on sale. I don't know about the U.S. though. In my opinion though you just need a couple games and you'll be fine, because most Mario games tend to be repetitive :D

For me it's a shame the Wii U is the best Nintendo can come up with, I'd love them to work on an actual console that could compete with PS4/XB1.

Games get dropped for Wii U pretty regularly as well, so you can be excited for an upcoming title due to be released in 6 months, and then be disappointed when it's cancelled 3 months later.

Nintendo is a huge name, they can surely do better.

• Like 1

You'd be money ahead to buy her a PS3 Jag. We had the same thoughts when buying our kids consoles a couple years ago and while the titles for kiddy kids are limited there is quite a few of the PSN games that work out well.

Or, give her one of your PS3's, buy a new pink controller for her so it feels like it's hers and buy some games.

For me it's a shame the Wii U is the best Nintendo can come up with, I'd love them to work on an actual console that could compete with PS4/XB1.

Games get dropped for Wii U pretty regularly as well, so you can be excited for an upcoming title due to be released in 6 months, and then be disappointed when it's cancelled 3 months later.

Nintendo is a huge name, they can surely do better.

Nintendo is always on the edge of innovation IMO, but sometimes that innovation isn't quite what people want.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

i think the problem with nintendo is that they have a reputation for there consoles being for kids so alot of adults stay away from them and prefer playstations and xbox's 

nicolabellamy77.png

i think the problem with nintendo is that they have a reputation for there consoles being for kids so alot of adults stay away from them and prefer playstations and xbox's

True, but it's also at their advantage to keep the corner on the little kid market because Sony and Microsoft don't exactly do well with young kids games. Nintendo needs to get a bit realistic with their pricing though.

• Like 1

We only have the one PS3, but she has Minecraft, Pac-Man, and LBP to play on it.  She has PvZ and LBP3 on PS4.  I figured it would be a waste of money since mostly spends time on the PS3 or PS4 now.  And honestly, any Wii U game can be bought for the Nintendo 3DS, sort of.  We are going to get her a sub-account for PS4 so she can play Rocket League on her own name.  She's stoked about it.  So I figured, why spend $250+ when we can use that money for things that she will actually use more often.

I have one as well and honestly if I said I've played more than 10 hours i'd be lying, funny when you have visitors and want to have a gaming party with them but otherwise I don't give it much use...

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...